THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

Diane

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:30 pm
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Misti and Rae }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

What a treat to get to see you both on a thread. I too think of you oftem Rae, (Misti too , but I see her occassionally on a2k).

Wonderful to hear you are doing better. Much love from Dys and me.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:39 pm
Hi Diane and Bob! Can't tell you how happy I was to see your comment.....I will follow with a personal email for address and telephone number.....you, too Roger!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:11 am
Rae! Surprised Very Happy

How nice to see you again! (I was wondering what we'd done wrong! :wink: )

I do hope things are going well for you these days.

Hey, I just looked at your avatar & your Lacey is the spitting image of my cat, Poppy. (Just as neko's Nekochan is the spitting image of my Mozzie cat, whose sadly no longer in the land of the living.) Some of us have exquisite taste in critters, don't we? :wink:
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 08:17 pm
Dys and Di:

No, you met my sister when you were here, and yes, she is a hoot! My sister-in-law is who was here in Feb. We lost my brother (her husband) Oct. 8th to cancer, only 51 years young! Very sad!

Hugs to all!
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 08:23 pm
Paddy attacking his very own planter with cat nip and live grass!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Almostthere.jpg
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 10:31 am
Hi Misti and Rae - sorry to hear it's been a rough 8 months - here's to the next year being great for you

Paddy is looking very well and quite well padded! he's gorgeous.

Rosie is quite well padded these days too and the sight of her little pale apricot tummy swaying as she runs gives me the giggles - it really shows against her dark tabby stripes and swirls on her top half Laughing

I hope you are ok msolga and sorting stuff
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 11:00 am
Rae! Good to hear from you. I would not mind getting an email from you....

We just returned from our vacation a couple of days ago. Nisse and Mysan obviously had a very relaxing vacation, too, and Nisse did gain some wait - just like me Cool I am so thankful for our kind neighbour who visited the cats three times every day while we were away.
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:29 pm
Hey you guys, it's great to hear your comments on your "better halves" meaning your critters! They really are on a highter plane, which we do acknowledge and respect.

Paddy is doing great, he is big and fat as you can see! Rae was here tonight, he loves her, and he has been pining away since.

Lacey is also great, she had an experience recently which taught her she wasn't immortal ... she jumped from the 2nd floor balcony down to the 1st floor ... she just lay there (in shock) until Rae came to pick her up. She hasn't been out of the house since then! Lacey really thinks she can do anything! And I mean anything!!! She is totally a lady, a female fetalle, petite, and independent!!! You would not believe this little critter!
She is also adorable!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:28 am
Hi misti!

Always good to see you here. Very Happy

Aw, poor little Lacey. She's OK now?

Nights here are getting chilly again & it's cat bed-hogging time again.

I wondered this morning: how does one little cat somehow manage to appropriate 3/4 of the bed during the night?

It's a mystery to me.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 01:06 pm
it's a gift they have - along with the mind control - sitting staring at you until you do as they want Very Happy

I had to take Rosie to the vet tonight - she's been flinching and hissing if her back was touched for a couple of days - when it didn't ease I wondered if it was an abcess from a bite - it is.

They cleaned it up but she's got to go in tomorrow to have it lanced under a sedative.

She's a happier bunny now though with a pain killing injection and an antibiotic shot that lasts for a fortnight, so I won't have to get pills down her Smile - £65 Crying or Very sad ($140 approx)

We don't know if Paddy got too rough when they were playing or if it was that horrible 'bad cat' who has to be chased out of the garden sometimes - he tries to inimidate them Evil or Very Mad

She's terrified at the vet and tries to get under my jacket bless her - shedding fur in clouds and all over me - I'm sure they shed fur under stress as a kind of defence mechanism - a predator gets a nose full of fur? I've noticed it with all our cats.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:37 am
Vivien wrote:
it's a gift they have - along with the mind control - sitting staring at you until you do as they want Very Happy

And they can (apparently!) zap us as we sleep to get what they want! What powerful critters they are! They're scary! Laughing

Vivien wrote:
I had to take Rosie to the vet tonight - she's been flinching and hissing if her back was touched for a couple of days - when it didn't ease I wondered if it was an abcess from a bite - it is.

They cleaned it up but she's got to go in tomorrow to have it lanced under a sedative.

She's a happier bunny now though with a pain killing injection and an antibiotic shot that lasts for a fortnight, so I won't have to get pills down her Smile - £65 Crying or Very sad ($140 approx)

We don't know if Paddy got too rough when they were playing or if it was that horrible 'bad cat' who has to be chased out of the garden sometimes - he tries to inimidate them Evil or Very Mad

She's terrified at the vet and tries to get under my jacket bless her - shedding fur in clouds and all over me - I'm sure they shed fur under stress as a kind of defence mechanism - a predator gets a nose full of fur? I've noticed it with all our cats.

Poor little Rosey!

Is she a bit better today? (Despite yet another vet visit. I haven't met a cat that's ever enjoyed that.)

My (dear, departed) Flatty would launch into an incredible purring frenzy at the vet's. You'd have thought he was happy, poor thing. (Too many vet visits by far! Sad ) The other thing he'd do was dribble like crazy! My vet said it was a stress reaction, too. Actually, I could tell by the way that he'd try to get under my jacket, or try to hide behind me. Sigh. That was tough stuff.

Let us know how Rosey's doing, Vivien. (Big hug for Rosey from me. Oh & for that naughty black larrikan, too! :wink: )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:50 am
Poppy is driving me crazy right now (her dinner time)! She's flatly refused to eat more than bare smidgeon of the raw meat I bought for her (especially to balance her diet, between dried & fish) & is running around the house hysterically, tripping me up when I head for the kitchen, being really, really pathetic ... pretending she's starving, at death's door, for god's sake! Rolling Eyes
But I know what she's really up to!
She wants Tuna & Seabream with Shrimps seasoned with Tuna Jus, that's what!
But I am being strong!
I will hold my ground!
I will ......

Yes, I will! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 12:26 am
Hi Vivien! I had TWO cats who were dive-bombed by blue birds and both ended up with abcesses (sp?). They were lanced and both healed wonderfully. I hope Rosie is feeling better.
I am cat-sitting Paddy (for Mom) until Tuesday and he is so happy here it's not even funny.
Even before I started working again, I visited Mom's house almost every day and he got used to me being there ~ would follow me around like my shadow.....now he is quite at home here and that makes me very happy.
He and Lacey haven't hissed at each other once ~ even though they are giving each other plenty of room in passing. But, at the end of the day, I have both of them on either side of my pillow and I've had the best sleep!Ms. Olga ~ I completely understand what you're going through! (Unfortunately I have my mother to blame for it!) Lacey has plenty of dry food (that she loves), but come 5 p.m. (or whenever I get home from work, she totally expects her wet food, which happens to be Friskies Salmon. She's driving me nuts! Because she will not stop meowing until she gets her dinner! Although, I have to say on lean days when I can't get her wet food, she cries for a bit and then seems to understand.
I got very lucky with her!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:38 am
Hi Rae!

Nice to see you again! I'd better say g'day now, as it might be a while before you return! :wink:

Just kidding, Rae. I know you've been very busy.

Lacey does sound like a very sweet cat. And pretty too! (as I mentioned in an earlier post, she's a dead ringer for my Poppy. Who also has a lovely, sunny nature. Maybe they're related? Very Happy )

It's great that Paddy & Lacey coexist so well considering that they don't live together. (I seem to recall a bit of conflict between them earlier on?) Much better than keeping them separated while they're at your place!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:52 am
We are moving. Lou has been very curious, very concerned, that he might get left behind. Of course he won't, but he's still concerned. Wink
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:42 am
Lazy cat on a treadmill
Lazy cat on a treadmill video:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/lazycat
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 01:45 pm
Hello all cat lovers! I will come back and talk later...just wanted to say "hi" and tell you that I have missed you all. My new babies became a year old on Sunday the 22nd and my 13 year old Siamese, Suchot, is doing very well. They love their raw rabbit...but most of all they like to snitch from the dogs bowls when they have green tripe and chicken wings.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:52 pm
Re: Lazy cat on a treadmill
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Lazy cat on a treadmill video:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/lazycat

Aw, poor puss!
S/he just doesn't like this weird form of human excercise & is not going to cooperate!

Thanks, BBB.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:56 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Hello all cat lovers! I will come back and talk later...just wanted to say "hi" and tell you that I have missed you all. My new babies became a year old on Sunday the 22nd and my 13 year old Siamese, Suchot, is doing very well. They love their raw rabbit...but most of all they like to snitch from the dogs bowls when they have green tripe and chicken wings.

Oh good, you're finally back, VN! Very Happy
Looking forward to hearing more about your menagerie, particularly the newest additions.
Just one question, though: what exactly is "green tripe"? The mind boggles! Laughing
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:00 pm
Ummm, Olga, it is the stomach of a cow that hasn't been cleaned for a
classic French recipe called Tripe ala mode De Caen. Obviously this tripe has been cleaned for human consumption, therefore it is not green as in full of the things the cow had been eating before his demise. Dr. Billinghurst of Oz fame (Bones and Raw Food Diet aka BARF Diet) notes that green tripe has lots of micronutrients that dogs and cats normally eat when they kill the food they eat; ie., rabbits, chipmonks, groundhogs,(dogs), deer(dogs),etc.

I feed a kibble to one of my dogs that is all protein and vegetable/fruit...no grain. It is made by the Canadian company Nature's Variety that also makes the meat patties that contain meat, bone, vegetables, fruits, and micronutrients. The cats get Innova Evo dried food along with their raw food. It is very high in protein and highly recommended by in the know Vets. I must say that my Vet feels highly vindicated by the pet food recall as she once queried the Science Diet salesman about the term "animal by-products." She asked if it meant from dead diseased animals....brains, hooves, tails, mammary glands, etc. They would not answer her. She asked them to remove their products from her hospital.

Fergus and Coco the 1 yr old cats are very different and are brother and sister. Fergus is a semi-long haired silver tabby with gorgeous markings and Coco is black with a brown undercoat and long hair. Both have gorgeous gold eyes. Can you tell I am crazy about them?

I'll be back...got to get the grandchildren to bed! Total chaos now!
0 Replies