THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 04:10 am
littlek, I started three messages and deleted them. I was trying to come up with a good reason why you shouldn't feel guilty. Chances are you're gonna feel guilty no matter what I say. Does it help if I say that I think you made a reasonable and informed decision? What about if I say that the amount you were quoted is outrageous?

Didn't think so.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:42 am
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/WinterSpring2007017.jpg

Lou says "I wanna go out". "No, let me in. LET ME IN!!!"
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:43 pm
Aw, the poor little guy! His butt gets all cold!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 07:25 am
He's hilarious in the snow. He really hates it, but when he finally gets bored, he snowplows through the drifts to go see the cat next door.
0 Replies

pixel

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 07:46 pm
Misti26 II wrote:
For my cat loving friends:

Cat Pianist
I love this. What a clever cat Surprised She's adorable
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 04:41 pm
good luck with those priorities msolga

I've had a few lately

It was nice catching up with everyone - here Paddy is often to be spotted sitting up on the bird table - we aren't sure how he gets there as it's on a tall pole. He keeps on catching mice in the garden. He is going for walks with himself again now the nights are lighter - I thought he might have forgotten them over the winter,

Rosie is as scaredy, cuddly and daft as ever. She's started cuddling up with me for half and hour when I go to bed, which is lovely Very Happy my own little warm furry hot water bottle! she gets fed up then and disappears.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:45 am
Nekochan's patiently waiting for chipmunk
season to open again.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAB!D58YoviiptFMS4JjwOJlyHX6xfTMlayq9vArwjwuFaMmGikH6Hnk4J80VYaoJ*sEOegAlmgLb37zjL7msbxMVkwkG2eyz9I!CzOxHNVaiK4oK5h7qgAAAAAAAAAA/nekonomad571B.jpg

These long winters can be hard on a senior cat.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:01 am
he;s hibernating happily by the looks of it Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 02:31 am
(psst, Vivien ... he's a she! :wink: )

neko nomad wrote:
Nekochan's patiently waiting for chipmunk
season to open again.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAB!D58YoviiptFMS4JjwOJlyHX6xfTMlayq9vArwjwuFaMmGikH6Hnk4J80VYaoJ*sEOegAlmgLb37zjL7msbxMVkwkG2eyz9I!CzOxHNVaiK4oK5h7qgAAAAAAAAAA/nekonomad571B.jpg

These long winters can be hard on a senior cat.

Oh, there she is! Very Happy

She's in wonderful shape, neko nomad!
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 05:34 am
Nekochan isn't totally housebound, appearance notwithstanding; I take her out after dinner, perched on my shoulder, daily for a fresh air break, plus, you know, a bit of quality tigether-time out on the driveway. As the temperature moderates she gets to stay outside longer alone.
Her friend Max,from two doors away, pays her a visit daily.

And ... she clearly lets me know whenever I'm behind schedule .
Come to think of it, she gets a manicure today.

She's priceless.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 06:01 am
Lou caught a mouse last night after the weather warmed and the snow melted. He brought it home, of course, then wanted to bring it inside. Nope, I managed to separate him from his "dinner" and gave him a good kick in the butt to get him inside. He wasn't happy. Smile Mouse was even less happy. Being dead and all.
0 Replies

pixel

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 07:03 pm
My cat used to catch mice a lot. I love that sound cats make when they bring one in Razz We managed to save some as they were often still alive.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 08:47 pm
Catching up once again, loving the updates and photos of those beautiful critters.

Misti!! It's great to see you. Is that the sister from Ireland who tried to teach me how to play pool? The one who got fed up with my tentative ties and finally said, "Joost hit the fooking ball!!!! I still smile whenever I think of that. Truly a woman who speaks her mind. Say hi to her for me and please send my love to Rae.

Our little conure, Fred, continues to enforce his alpha male status, all two or three ounces of him. Yesterday, Dante was looking out the window near Fred's cage. His tail got a little too close and Fred immediately bit it. Dante raced from the room, not returning until his pride was regained.

Another quick story: Sometimes Dante joins us in bed, usually behaving himself until he wants to play. A few nights ago, he was sleeping draped across my leg. His warm body and silky fur felt lovely for a few minutes until he decided I needed a wash. That raspy tongue on my leg was enough to wake me up immediately. Don't know why he loves to wash everyone so much, but he does. He even tried to gnaw a little growth on my arm the way animals chew at something in their fur, using their front teeth. It feels hilariously funny.

So good to see you all and read about the well-loved cats on a2k.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 11:51 pm
Hiya Diane, Cat baths. Definitely not designed for human skin. Those rough little tongues. I think that being licked by a cat is either a sign of connection, or the cat thinks you need a bath. Could go either way.

Your story about Dante and Fred reminded me of a boid/dog story. Our parakeet Billie used to divebomb our dog Mitzi. Swoop down, nip her head or grab some hair, and swoop away. In the pet hierarchy, Billie (all two or three ounces of her) was definitely numero uno.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:52 am
Nekochan at her favorite waterbowl, by the backdoor. Here she gets a view of the goings on at the birdfeeder.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgD*DtQY5BKiptFMS4JjwGXtxb4pxQncXvBtV8pT!aKICSLlcD71VCRs80R3NM!05HQ3zFnvVXpm8tCXHxhBNoBZb1qr9lrXhTdBLiMtRqEIjuG9e0GnWjEYdL6vX2MU/nekonomad%20572.jpg
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:48 pm
Hello everyone.....and I do mean everyone!
So humbling to see people asking for me and Lacey. Nice, too. I think about ya'll all the time.....and your critters!
I have a comment about the cat baths ~ Lacey has taken to laying on my hip when I get in bed and she licks my arm for a few minutes which leads me to believe it's because she loves me. Only because she does it for a few minutes and then stops. She doesn't leave - just gets more comfortable. Couldn't tell you when she leaves, because she waits until I'm out cold!
We are now living in a two story townhouse. The second floor balcony is Lacey's domain. She jumped off once ~ just once. I've let her out on the downstairs patio, but she's figured out how to escape the perimeter of the fence, so we don't do that anymore. She's quite happy otherwise. The lizards do manage to come upstairs and she is on their case immediately.

Anyway, we're both happy and well. And thinking about all of you!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:52 pm
I think about you often enough, too, Rae.

That's on the order of what Nermal does. He sleeps on the foot of the bed. Also on my ankle. Still, before settling in, he comes up and sniffs my face. I think he's checking to see if I'm still alive, but it could be affection. Well, it could.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:59 pm
Of course it's affection, Roger!
And while I have no proof, I do think of you all the time, too. It's been a rough eight months for me, but I'm slowly getting back to normal ~ with a few changes!
Love you to pieces, my friend! :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:07 pm
Awwww.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:20 pm
Don't be getting all gushy on me now!
0 Replies