THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 06:53 am
@msolga,
Hope she'll feel better soon!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:16 pm
I'm cat sitting for a friend for a bit more than three weeks. My foster cat is a cute little red thing called Heidi. She goes outside in the evening and I have to let her into the house and feed her in the morning. It worked perfectly for over a week. Then on Wednesday morning she wasn't there. We went to the house a couple of times on Wednesday and today, Thursday. No Heidi! I was really worried. Then I went to the house again tonight at 9.30 and there she was. I am soooo happy! I could not stand my cats to be outside... Heidi's humans are coming home on Sept 12. Still some time to go and to worry...
Aldistar

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:29 am
@neko nomad,
That's so good to hear! Maybe she just needed some 'alone' time?
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 01:43 pm
Setting Makeup with a Cat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNivh_YsUQ&feature=channel_page

I have a somewhat odd sense of humor, admittedly. Still, _I_ thought this was funny!

Perhaps I could make more videos about, oh, using your cat for dusting, cat hair as a source of fiber, etc. Teehee!
msolga

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 04:35 am
@urs53,
Quote:
I'm cat sitting for a friend for a bit more than three weeks. My foster cat is a cute little red thing called Heidi. She goes outside in the evening and I have to let her into the house and feed her in the morning. It worked perfectly for over a week. Then on Wednesday morning she wasn't there. We went to the house a couple of times on Wednesday and today, Thursday. No Heidi! I was really worried. Then I went to the house again tonight at 9.30 and there she was. I am soooo happy! I could not stand my cats to be outside... Heidi's humans are coming home on Sept 12. Still some time to go and to worry...

I'd find that rather nerve-wracking, too, urs. It'd make rather more sense to bring her inside & night & let her out in the morning, wouldn't it? Anyway, no more worrying absences, I hope. Only five more days to go!
So how are your two thoroughly doted on critters?
msolga

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 04:37 am
@BorisKitten,
BK, I now have broadband! Smile

So I was able to watch this one, plus the others! Ha, you're thoroughly besotted, aren't you? Smile

I like your "shelter" messages very much. Good on you!
urs53

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 02:55 pm
@msolga,
msolga, she has been waiting for me every morning since Saturday. I am relieved! I will miss her when her family is back. They return on Saturday and I go on vacation on Sunday so that'll keep me occupied.

And then I will miss my two babies! They are well, crazy as always and Nisse still pees in our kitchen... grrrrr.... I just don't know...
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 04:07 pm
@msolga,
Ha, who me, besotted? Only since I was seven, and we got our first cat: a Siamese.

Wuv Kittehs!
Reyn

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 06:34 pm
@Aldistar,
Aldistar wrote:
and some more of my Tabbie. He's probably the most photogenic.

What an adoreable face! Looks like your cat needs to lick the gravy from around its mouth after having a delicious meal! Laughing

msolga wrote:
[...] Cats "play" in all sorts of different ways. They don't always go along with the ways we choose. [...]

Oh, that is so true! Kira loves to race up and down the stairs with my wife when she is on them. I always tell her to be careful though, as this is a potentially deadly game. Sometime she darts right in front. Of course, Kira makes it to the top/bottom first, and looks like "haha, I won again"!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Reyn2244/IMG_1943.jpg
Kira
msolga

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 01:55 am
@urs53,
Good to hear that your two preciouses are doing well, urs. Yes, I know you'll miss them sorely while you're on vacation.

Quote:
....and Nisse still pees in our kitchen... grrrrr.... I just don't know...

My theory is that every inappropriate pee (from the comfortable resident cat/s) has a very deliberate purpose, urs. You are just going to have to figure out what Nisse is trying to tell you! Wink

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 01:57 am
@BorisKitten,
Quote:
Ha, who me, besotted?

Yes, you Boris K, besotted!
Completely so!
(Though far worse things could happen! Very Happy )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 02:00 am
@Reyn,
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Reyn2244/IMG_1943.jpg

Quote:
"haha, I won again"!

Aw, she's such a sweet critter, Reyn! Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 11:10 am
I just found one of the four kittens a home and I was proud of him as I assumed that he would do the cat thing and hid for a time in a new enviroment that even contain a small dog.

Hell no he just walk around check out the dog and seem completely lay back concerning his new home.

Three more to go.

roger

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 11:25 am
@BillRM,
I've seen it both ways. My oldest disappeared for two days when I brought him home. The second pushed him out of the way at the food bowl, finished eating, jumped on the bed, made himself comfortable, decided it would do, and looked like he were wondering where I would be sleeping.
msolga

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 05:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I just found one of the four kittens a home and I was proud of him as I assumed that he would do the cat thing and hid for a time in a new enviroment that even contain a small dog.

Hell no he just walk around check out the dog and seem completely lay back concerning his new home.

Three more to go.

What a nerve! And just a kitten, too! Very Happy

Good on you, Bill. I hope you find homes for the other 3, before they become too established at your place!
msolga

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 05:52 pm
@roger,
Laughing

How outrageous, roger!

Your second is obviously a "boss cat", pack leader type!
roger

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 06:31 pm
@msolga,
No, but nothing interferes with his going his own way, at the time of his choosing. Exception: he's still on lockdown from dusk to dawn, and it hasn't been easy.

Nermal kind of reminds me of a Bugs Bunny drawing. The one where he's got a skateboard tucked under one arm, while wearing a baseball hat - backwards, and a totally blank expression on his fizz.
msolga

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 04:54 am
@roger,
Quote:
Nermal kind of reminds me of a Bugs Bunny drawing. The one where he's got a skateboard tucked under one arm, while wearing a baseball hat - backwards, and a totally blank expression on his fizz.

Aw. I like the sound of Nermal! Smile
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 03:26 pm
@roger,
Er, more Nermal pix pleez?

It's hard to say whether a not-so-smart cat or a very-smart cat is cuter. I've had both, and they're both gosh-darned cute!
roger

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 05:34 pm
@BorisKitten,
I would have to buy file, figure out the old 35mm SLR, have it converted to disk, etc. Just assume that Nerm looks much like Margo's Possum, only about 15 pounds lighter.