THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

margo

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 09:20 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Just assume that Nerm looks much like Margo's Possum, only about 15 pounds lighter.

Oi - watchit!

My Possum'd take offence at that - if he could get up and say so!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 09:39 pm
@msolga,
I am not going to fall in love with the kittens as I do not have room for that many cats and I say those words everyday to myself.

I have them, in any case out, in an enclosed porch and tonight I could not figure out why only the mother and one kitten came to the food bowls until I saw that the other two had at last reach the top of a tall step ladder that the mother had been using in order to get a break from them.

They had not yet figure out how to get back down in a rapid manner however and their one sister and mother got more then their fair share of the food as a result.

The word cute just keep coming up
margo

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 09:43 pm
Are you talkin' 'bout me????

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9493/jun18.jpg
roger

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 10:47 pm
@margo,
There's something about those eyes. . . .
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 06:16 pm
@margo,
Fat? Don't think so.

Lovely. Beautiful. Mysterious.
margo

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 12:57 am
@BorisKitten,
BorisKitten wrote:

Fat? Don't think so.

Lovely. Beautiful. Mysterious.

and fat!

Better be careful - he's right beside me - and I'm sure the little bastard can read!

That's his sinister look Shocked
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 05:48 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
I am not going to fall in love with the kittens as I do not have room for that many cats and I say those words everyday to myself.

Then you'd better find these last 3 homes very quickly, Bill! I don't have to tell you, I'm sure, that the longer they're around ....... Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 05:51 am
@margo,
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9493/jun18.jpg

Oh I like to see a critter whose in full control of the situation! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 05:52 am
Hey, neko ... How's Nekochan going?
Here's hoping she's perked up a bit.
urs53

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 02:17 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Good to hear that your two preciouses are doing well, urs. Yes, I know you'll miss them sorely while you're on vacation.

Quote:
....and Nisse still pees in our kitchen... grrrrr.... I just don't know...

My theory is that every inappropriate pee (from the comfortable resident cat/s) has a very deliberate purpose, urs. You are just going to have to figure out what Nisse is trying to tell you! Wink

I couldn't agree more, msolga. We talk to him and he talks to us - but we have a communication problem! But we are working on it!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:42 pm
Whisper is a huge fan of Hobbes...

http://photos-g-0.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs259.snc1/10624_1230862976533_1377893617_30638918_1987076_n.jpg

I caught him right before he got up and jumped over me.

http://photos-a-0.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs279.snc1/10624_1230863056535_1377893617_30638920_248448_n.jpg

Tabbie and Gypsie are practicing the synchronous licking.

http://photos-d-0.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs279.snc1/10624_1230862856530_1377893617_30638915_4647258_n.jpg
Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 03:43 pm
Earlier, in another thread a while ago, I had reported that my wife and I had to make a very difficult decision to euthanize our male cat, Kory, due to health problems. It broke our heart.

Just yesterday (Tuesday), Kira suddenly stopped eating and was running a high temperature. On Monday, she had been eating more that usual and was full of beans.

So, we rushed her down to our vet the same day. Her temp was 103.x. In addition, she had lost 1.1 pounds since May, when she had her annual vet check. At that time, she was 7.01 pounds. She's quite a small-framed cat, with not much reserves, if she were to get sick.

Well, the subsequent check and blood tests found out that she had a small "mass" in her lower abdomin, which, in all likelihoods, is probably cancer. In addition, the weight loss is due to an over-active thyroid, which isn't too unusual in an older cat (she's 13 years old).

Anyways, they managed to get her temperture back down, and she's starting to eat again. For a while, we were worried that she was not going to be coming home at all, which was all too much for us, only 5 weeks after Kory died. This "mass" must be quick growing, as she was clean in May.

So, as of now, it appears she will be coming home late tomorrow afternoon, with medication for her thyroid. We still feel that the long term prognosis is not good, due to the possible cancer, but we will cherish the remaining time we have left, however long that is.

Our bottom line is that we don't want to see her suffer in any way.

margo

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 09:22 pm
@Reyn,
Oh, Reyn

not again.................
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:47 pm
@Reyn,
Oh, no... I am so sorry. Hug her tight!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 12:15 am
@Reyn,
Really sorry to hear about this.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 07:55 am
Thank you all for your responses.

It was really heartening when we visited her at the vet yesterday after lunch that she recognized us and perked right up.

She had eaten some for the vet, but my wife was excellent with her and got Kira to finish the rest of her food, by putting it on her finger and Kira licked it off. After that, ate a bit more.

So, now that the temperature is normal again, I'm sure she will eat just fine at home.

Kira will come home with a ciurse of antibiotics, of course, to finish off, to make sure she is stable. We are hoping that she will be able to tolerate the thyroid med okay. Apparently, it varies from cat to cat.

We will see.
neko nomad

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 09:59 am
@msolga,
It finally dawned on me, msOlga, that Nekochan is simply distancing
herself from her insulin doses, going to her corner whenever med time
comes around after breakfast in the mornings and after dinner in the
evenings. Here she comes out for her treat, knowing full well the routine.

Do facial expressions come any glummer?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0261A.jpg

She's her usual feisty self, pulling rank on Mitsu and Miss Molly, enjoying
her status as house matron throughout the day otherwise.
Reyn

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 11:48 am
@Reyn,
Well, today is another day. Kira came home last night. She has had a terrific appetite and drinking lots of water. She seems quite tired though, which is understandable.

Kira has two shaved areas - on her neck and one leg - where blood was taken and for the IV. Looks a little peculiar. Laughing

She started her thyroid med (which will be ongoing), and is on antibiotics for another 5 days.

Of course, we will continue to monitor her for any possible conditions due to the tumour in her abdomin. We are still hoping for some quality time for a while.

Fingers crossed.

---------------------

Beautiful cat, Neko!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 07:07 am
@Reyn,
I'm so sorry to hear this news, Reyn. I could almost weep for you & Mrs R.

Sad
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 07:09 am
@neko nomad,
That's very good news, neko!
What a relief.
0 Replies