THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

margo

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 09:31 pm
That picture of Dink is certainly cute!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 06:11 pm
@Izzie,
Dink has such pretty eyes! And I see Bubba has those nose freckles that orange tabby's always seem to get.

My Tabbie cat is starting to get them on his nose and his gums. I have seen this on other orange tabby's, is it genetic?
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:08 pm
Here is a pic of Nugget getting into a game of catch the string.

http://photos-a-4.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs145.snc1/5368_1210740713489_1377893617_30574736_3833445_s.jpg

and some more of my Tabbie. He's probably the most photogenic.

http://photos-c-7.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs185.snc1/6168_1194139738475_1377893617_30524250_3547794_n.jpg

http://photos-d-7.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs185.snc1/6168_1194139778476_1377893617_30524251_4317120_s.jpg
roger

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:45 pm
@Aldistar,
So, what the heck is the matter with my guys. I actually sprung for a cat toy - one of those feather things on an elastic string. Okay, Spooky would kind of waddle around after it for awhile. Nermal? He sat and watched. It wasn't that much fun anyway, after Spooky figured out the connection between feathers and string.

Great hunters, both.
littlek

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:48 pm
@roger,
Try wads of paper, Roger. And superballs. My cat never was interested in "cat toys", but he played with found objects happily.

(Wow, I miss having a pet. Can't come in here often.)
roger

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:50 pm
@littlek,
Oh, that's okay. They've got a nice recliner that is still partially undestroyed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 04:31 am
@Aldistar,
I love your tabby collection, Aldistar! They are both so special. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 04:44 am
@roger,
I find, Roger, that when Ms Poppy wants to play (or wants attention, or dinner, or whatever .. ) she has certain ways of making it impossible to refuse! (Like blocking my path as I move from A to B, so I have to oblige ...). Cats "play" in all sorts of different ways. They don't always go along with the ways we choose. I can't imagine Poppy being interested in cat toys, either. But running ahead to me down the passage, pretending I'm chasing her & beating me to the spot she imagines I'm heading toward ... That's her idea of a good time! Go figure. Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 04:46 am
@littlek,
Quote:
(Wow, I miss having a pet. Can't come in here often.)

Aw, k. That's sad.
No plans for a new pet (of any variety of critter)?
neko nomad

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 09:25 am
@msolga,
On a sadder note, Nekochan has become somewhat
withdrawn nowadays. For instance, she has chosen
this hidden corner of the family room instead of her
usual spot by the patio door which gives a view of her
garden, as well as preferring to dine alone.

She turns nineteen this autumn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0253A.jpg

mm25075

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 02:38 pm
@neko nomad,
**hugs Neko Nomad** She has had a long, loving and fullfilling life. The family room sounds like a place where she can be close to those she loves.

*climbs under the furniture to pet the beautiful sleeping Nekochan*
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 11:35 pm
@roger,
Mine have a couple of toys they like. Tabbie loves those fuzzy balls you can get at the pet stores that come in pkgs. of 4. He'll carry them around the house and meow around a mouthful, looking for someone to play with him.

Whisper loves his round-a-bout. A big plastic wheel with a plastic ball that runs inside. Cats can get their paws in there and bat at the ball and it goes whizzing around. Every time I accidentally kick it (always in the middle of the night) he comes running to play.

Nugget is old school. She can be anywhere in the apartment and hear a piece of paper being crumpled into a ball. She will take your hand off if you don't toss it for her.

Gypsie will play with anything one day and snub it all the next. Go figure.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 03:51 am
@neko nomad,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0253A.jpg

Sad Oh.

Please give her lots of hugs & lots of those top-of-the-head rubs from me, neko ... & tell her how very special she is. (But as if I have have to make those requests of you, neko! Sigh.) I do hope she perks up a bit. I'm sending her some virtual exotic fishy bits as a special treat. Come on, Nekochan!

0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 03:36 pm
@neko nomad,
Aw, neko! Snuggy fluff!

She would like a can of Mackerel, or whatever very-stinky fish you have lying about.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 03:43 pm
Oh boy, cat toys! The rule is, the MORE you spend on it, the LESS likely your cat is to play with it.

Candy wrappers, empty boxes, and stray yarn are great. Those little packs of furry mice are good, esp if I tie a piece of yarn on the tail so I can drag it around. Mouse-in-a-paper-bag is fun!

Happy loves his tiger-tail on-a-wand toy. Has some feathers and a bell on the end. My dogs always chew the bell and feathers off, when they find 'em lying around. Got these for $1 at my local Big Lots store. I like the minimalist packaging: It says "Cat Toy" on it, and that's about it (well, duh, I thought it was a television set!).

Oh, and tassels! I've actually made tassels for my cats, since I like to think that, without any loops, they can't get their heads stuck in them!

Rubber bands, too, esp with yarn tied on. And of course wadded-up paper, preferably animated with a string.
BorisKitten

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 03:45 pm
@BorisKitten,
I once got a vibrating hedgehog for Boris, with a CFA "seal of approval" on it. He was terrified of it.

Also got a remote-controlled mouse-with-wheels. All 3 of my cats played with it for 5 minutes, then hated it for a lifetime.

And I thought these toys were so CUTE!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 05:07 pm
@BorisKitten,
Pipe cleaners, Vicks vapodrops (with the drop still inside), bits cut off used ugg boots.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 06:24 pm
@neko nomad,
Poor baby.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:14 pm
The rattle and crinkle of a bag of treats works like
yanking on a leash to get her out for her dose of insulin.

Now her vet tells us that she's in incredibly good health
for her age, so perhaps she's just experiencing oldage anxiety. Usually,
she beats Miss Mollie to the door when their outdoor time comes around
after breakfast. Catching a few rays and some fresh air daily is high on her must-do list.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0254A.jpg
msolga

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 06:03 am
@neko nomad,
Ah! That's more like it! Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0254A.jpg

Quote:

Now her vet tells us that she's in incredibly good health
for her age, so perhaps she's just experiencing oldage anxiety.

Phew, that's good news from the vet, neko. Maybe it's a "change of seasons" thing?