THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 01:39 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
It's been a long time since I posted on the cat thread

And do keep posting, Debra! Cat folk find endless fascination in these stories.
Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 01:45 am
@snood,
Oh snood, I'm hoping that the worst is over for George by now. (Hours later) That was a pretty extreme reaction to anesthesia (the throwing up, paricularly). Your vet should know about that.

I'm hoping George is feeling a lot better.

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:50 am
OH MY WORD

I have been having kittens Shocked

Both boys, up the tree and onto the neighbours shed roof - just how many times can they lose their footing?????

Been out twice today - that's about as much as my nerves will stand Razz

By the weekend.... I should be able to let them out and not follow them around for hours...

............. and breathe!

Snood - how's George doing today?

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:33 am
@Izzie,
You have been very brave, Izzie!

Well done! I am very impressed!

If I was you, I would have fainted by now! The stress, the stress! (I'm not kidding!)

I'm wondering about George & snood today, too. I so hope all is well with George!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:59 am
George is much more himself now. He looks a little funny - he has long black hair everywhere except where they shaved his leg from armpit to paw. And he is clearly uncomfortable with the stitches - shakes his paw like it's wet every so often, and licks and bites at the ends of the stitches that slightly stick out. If I had time I'd post a picture of his pencil-like appendage.

We go to get the stitches out on the 19th, and we should also get the biopsy report back around then. It's been great to have you guys to bounce this off of - I definitely didn't feel as panicky as a result of knowing other cat owners had similar experiences.
Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:31 am
@snood,
Yay for George - so pleased. Very Happy

The boys have been out all morning - Murphy's just got back (phew) and I can hear a nasty cat growling fight going on next door..............oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!! Been calling Kitty Cat Black Boy - but he's not coming back at the moment. I really ought to just chillout about them - it's so hard tho!

<goes off to make tea and find chill pills>

edit..... happy happy - he must've heard me typing - he's just run in and no war wounds. yay
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 02:05 am
@snood,
Quote:
George is much more himself now.

I'm delighted to hear that, snood! Very Happy

Please do keep us posted on his progress.

In the meantime, I know George will have so much love, care & attention! Which is exactly how things should be, with a recuperating pussy cat! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 02:11 am
Deb, I can't find your Miranda thread.

So I'll ask here instead: has she stopped vomiting now? How is she today?

I do hope the worst of the vomiting is over! Poor little thing! Sad
dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 03:11 am
@msolga,
http://able2know.org/topic/130246-1
msolga

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 03:25 am
@dlowan,
Thanks Deb. I now have your thread on email update.
Couldn't find it anywhere!! Confused Neutral
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 06:57 am
@dlowan,
Sadly, judging from past experience, it'll be some time before she is herself.

Just about to Do The Pill.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 03:32 pm
Here's Nekochan, having left her bowl to pull rank on Miss Molly during lunch,
just like a momma cat. Not a whimper of protest from Miss M, who waits for an
opening when Nekochan lifts her head.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0153A.jpg
urs53

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:05 pm
@neko nomad,
This looks so much like Nisse and Mysan. We even have the same bowls!
urs53

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:08 pm
Nisse is trying to catch the computer mouse. But my hand is on it!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:31 pm
@neko nomad,
That is is unlike Nekochan, neko! And here was I, thinking she was the gentle, placid one in your household! Surprised

How nice of Miss Molly to be so obliging. But then, I suspect she doesn't go without! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:37 pm
@urs53,
<waving to urs, BigDice, Nisse and Mysan>

Such civilized critters! That would never have happened when I was feeding the feline hoards & masses in the past. Much easier, feeding time, when there's only one mouth to feed! Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 06:36 am
dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 07:12 am
@sozobe,
Love that one!!!
margo

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 08:30 pm
@dlowan,
Love that one! I LIVE that one! Although the weapon of choice around my place is not usually a baseball bat (only for lack of same!). It looks uncannily like my place, I'm afraid! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 09:34 am
The biopsy came back- a cancer. The prognosis is "guarded". they told me if it spreads it'll probably be to the lungs first. Our options are not good. Take him to chemo (haven't asked how much the cost is yet, but the vet said its prohibitive enough that most won't do it) and put him through that ordeal, or "wait and see' if he gets sicker - monitor the wound site and palpate lymph nodes every so often; watch for lethargy, lack of appetite, vomiting...

The wound site looked good for several days, and we had the sutures removed a couple days ago. But now its open - don't know if george picked it open or what - don't know if this means anything at all. But I'm taking him back in tomorrow to have it looked at.

The helpless felling of being at the mercy of a disease and the fact that george has to go through it is really hard right now - on top of some other stuff I'm going through.

Anyway, thanks for listening.