Rethinking Homosexuality

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:39 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I'm thinking suicide by certain persons, as a result of some social interaction, could be a blessing for society.

And in some cases. a blessing for the person themselves.

Anon
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:42 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
neologist wrote:
God does not forbid homosexuality to deny happiness. He forbids homosexuality because, as our creator, he wishes to keep us from its consequences.

What would those be??

Anon

Well, for one thing, we have been discussing a reduced life expectancy. Try to keep up.

Yes you said that, but provided nothing to support that. I consider it your opinion, not fact. Keep your smug remarks to yourself!!

Anon

Perhaps some of the links on this thread would provide you with additional information. Or you might even consider looking it up yourself. Laughing
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:44 pm
I'll go back and read again. So far, I've read them, and I've seen nothing that is that conclusive or compelling!!

Anon
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:47 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I'm thinking suicide by certain persons, as a result of some social interaction, could be a blessing for society.

Anon
You are both sad cases.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:48 pm
Wolf O'D has already pointed out that the sole source referred to was a homophobic "scientist" with an agenda, who provided a single study, which was never accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.

It is far from true, as "real life" states, that a reduced life expectancy is something "we" have been dicsussing. To proceed from such a premise, "real life" would indeed need to provide a realiable source for the contention, otherwise, we are all entitled to do as AV suggests, and ignore the contention as merely "real life's" unsupported (and likely bigoted) opinion.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:48 pm
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Anon
You are both sad cases.

No, You are sadly misinformed. You also shoot your mouth off when you have little to no facts!!

Anon
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:56 pm
Setanta wrote:
Wolf O'D has already pointed out that the sole source referred to was a homophobic "scientist" with an agenda, who provided a single study, which was never accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.

It is far from true, as "real life" states, that a reduced life expectancy is something "we" have been dicsussing. To proceed from such a premise, "real life" would indeed need to provide a realiable source for the contention, otherwise, we are all entitled to do as AV suggests, and ignore the contention as merely "real life's" unsupported (and likely bigoted) opinion.

Keep those eyes shut tight.

Don't click that link and count the names of 6 researchers.

Don't notice that none of them is named Cameron.

No peeking.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:02 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Anon
You are both sad cases.

No, You are sadly misinformed. You also shoot your mouth off when you have little to no facts!!

Anon

I have provided far more documentation (several links to outside sources) of my position than you have (which would be none).

And I maintain that anyone who asserts that suicide as a result of social interaction is a 'blessing' for society, or for the deceased, is an individual with a sick, twisted view of reality.

That would be both of you, assuming you are both ready to defend your statements.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:05 pm
Typical "real life" disingenuous idiocy.

The very first line of your linked page reads that the objective of the study is:

Quote:
To assess how HIV infection and AIDS (HIV/AIDS) impacts on mortality rates for gay and bisexual men.

The study looked at a single Canadian urban center in the five year period 1987-1992. It was not, and did not claim to be comprehensive for a contemporary statement of life expecatancy for all homosexuals in all demographic descriptions in 2006--14 years later. It is, in fact, a methodological study, a study of epidemiological statistical method. I am never suprised at your snide idiocy which you attempt to pass off as evidence, however. My experience of all of your contributions at this site is that you don't directly address the subject matter, but attempt to substitute a plausible claim for the reality of the subject under discussion. You are so far from "real life" as to make it pathetic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:13 pm
neologist wrote:
God does not forbid homosexuality to deny happiness. He forbids homosexuality because, as our creator, he wishes to keep us from its consequences.

And those consequences, a little over two thousand years ago, the earliest reasonable date for a reliable text of the old testament, were what?

I note that the member "real life," the most egregious of the christian dissemblers here, jumps all over the issue of acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Do you contend, as it appears he might, that your imaginary friend decided more than two thousand years ago decided it would be best to institute a social prophylactic method against the appearce of the human immuno-virus in the last score of yeas of the twentienth century? Or do you assert that there are other consequences of homosexuality which are pernicious to human beings other than this disease, which has only appeared within the last thirty years?

How pathetic and absurd that argument.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:14 pm
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Anon
You are both sad cases.

Anon

I have provided far more documentation (several links to outside sources) of my position than you have (which would be none).

And I maintain that anyone who asserts that suicide as a result of social interaction is a 'blessing' for society, or for the deceased, is an individual with a sick, twisted view of reality.

That would be both of you, assuming you are both ready to defend your statements.

Setenta has done a fine job of discredting your source, so I don't need to do that. As to suicide, I won't hijack this thread with a diversion from the subject. I will tell you I have personal experience with a family suicide, and have spent a liftime studying it. In short, you know nothing about it!! Don't try to pretend you do!!

Anon
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:15 pm
Why has not the most popular imaginary friend in western civilization taken thought to warn us, through two millenia-old scripture, of the carcinogenic causes of breast cancer, far more lethal in our society than HIV/AIDS? Slip up--or just the typical misogyny of your deity, who doesn't give a rat's ass if women die?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:37 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
real life wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Anon
You are both sad cases.

Anon

Setenta has done a fine job of discredting your source, so I don't need to do that. As to suicide, I won't hijack this thread with a diversion from the subject. I will tell you I have personal experience with a family suicide, and have spent a liftime studying it. In short, you know nothing about it!! Don't try to pretend you do!!

Anon

I have professional experience dealing with suicidal persons as well as personal experience with family as well.

So, I repeat: anyone who asserts that suicide as a result of social interaction is a 'blessing' for society, or for the deceased, is an individual with a sick, twisted view of reality.

That would be you, unless you are going to disavow your statement.

-------------------------

As for Setanta 'discrediting' the link I provided, it is apparent that he hadn't even read it before he was moved to comment on it the first time. Laughing

His laughable assertion that any research must include 'all' homosexuals in 'all' demographic areas is as ridiculous as it can be.

By this standard, no research on any subject would be valid unless it covered 100% of the possible subjects of the research.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:42 pm
I sincerely doubt you have any professional experience or you wouldn't be saying what you are. You're a fraud!

Anon
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:48 pm
real life wrote:
His laughable assertion that any research must include 'all' homosexuals in 'all' demographic areas is as ridiculous as it can be.

By this standard, no research on any subject would be valid unless it covered 100% of the possible subjects of the research.

Yet you are here, commenting on the perceived negatives of a way of life utilizing a study performed on a fragment of those that exercise that lifestyle. The only laughable portion of this debate is that you still stick by that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:51 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
neologist wrote:
sozobe wrote:
You made the allegations first, real life, support away. All of 'em.
Well, there is a higher incidence of certain STDs and, in male homosexuals, colorectal cancer. Does any of that count?

I'm waiting for the AMA to give homosexual behavior its endorsement.

Never happen.

Neo,

I've had colorectal cancer ... does that mean I'm gay?? Higher incidence of certain STD's?? Well, there's a higher incidence of other certain STD's in hetero-sexual couples ... your point is ???

Anon
Dana Reeves died of lung cancer at age 44, yet never smoked. Your point is?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:53 pm
Questioner wrote:
real life wrote:

Yet you are here, commenting on the perceived negatives of a way of life utilizing a study performed on a fragment of those that exercise that lifestyle. The only laughable portion of this debate is that you still stick by that.

Some people like to "act" like they know what they are talking about. You can tell by the very language used that real life knows little about "real life"!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:54 pm
neologist wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
neologist wrote:
sozobe wrote:
You made the allegations first, real life, support away. All of 'em.
Well, there is a higher incidence of certain STDs and, in male homosexuals, colorectal cancer. Does any of that count?

I'm waiting for the AMA to give homosexual behavior its endorsement.

Never happen.

Neo,

I've had colorectal cancer ... does that mean I'm gay?? Higher incidence of certain STD's?? Well, there's a higher incidence of other certain STD's in hetero-sexual couples ... your point is ???

Anon
Dana Reeves died of lung cancer at age 44, yet never smoked. Your point is?

Exactly! My point is that you have no poiint!

Anon
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:59 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
I sincerely doubt you have any professional experience or you wouldn't be saying what you are. You're a fraud!

Anon

Doubt all that you wish. It's as true as you are sitting there.

I maintain that suicide is an irrational, tragic act. You make light of it, calling it a 'blessing'.

Your view of suicide is a disgusting spectacle. Do you think a professional attitude toward suicide would mirror your own attitude? Any professional who took the attitude that you have exhibited would be a poor excuse.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:01 pm
Questioner wrote:
real life wrote:

Can you cite research that refutes this?

I suspect you are just blowing smoke.
0 Replies