Is the "Holy Spirit" male or female?

FBM

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 08:51 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

FBM wrote:
If I want proof, I'll ask for proof. If I want evidence, I'll ask for evidence. You have never presented anything that unequivocally points towards either a creator or, now, a holy spirit. We've started several discussions about it, but they've always just fizzled out.
"Unequivocally".
Aye, there's the rub.
Since my evidence is the same as your evidence. Nothing is new.

Must have something to do with one's evaluation of the evidence.

My data and your data may be the same (data =/= evidence), and yes, the interpretation of that evidence is what sets us apart. I have so far consistently found logical fallacies in your arguments in support of the divine conclusion. If you use the data in an equivocal way, or if you use equivocal data as if it were unequivocal in order to make your claim, then your argument is flawed. If the same data can be used equally well to support opposing conclusions, then it's not worth much as evidence, is it?
0 Replies

SAMAS

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 10:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He didn't want to do lip to lip. LOL
Absolutely not, not like us where men and women who have intercourse to blow 'breath of life' into a woman's uterus. Laughing
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2016 11:36 am
The Trinity is not Biblical in origin. The Holy Spirit is not a person, and has no gender. Rather, the Holy Spirit represents the "Dynamic Energy" originating the universe.

Partake of this chronological pattern:

-Isaiah 40, 26: "“Lift up your eyes to heaven and see.
Who has created these things?+
It is the One who brings out their army by number;
He calls them all by name.+
Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power,+
Not one of them is missing."

Energy always has been. Most scientists, theoretical physicists and meta-physicists agree that the universe, in one form or another, has always existed. This does not contradict either the Big Bang theory nor the statement that the Universe was created, for the definition of creating does not mean that things spontaneously appear as they are, therefore creation is entirely possible.

This raises the question whether creation actually took place through a conscious entity. At first, that seems a little far-fetched, for many believe that raw intelligence can only form through physical and chemical logic, including quantum logic. Let's look at it from an alternative perspective:

Universal Intelligence = The constant, instantaneous communication between infinite sets of metaphysical rules of conduct, and the infinite subtypes of rules and energies thereafter and their own communication.

Creation = The conversion of 'Energy' into 'Matter'. The Bible tells us that God, the universal intelligence I mentioned before, had formed a powerful subtype with qualities similar, if not identical to the original. This one is known as the Master Worker ; Archangel Michael ; Jesus.

Angels = Other subtypes with their own qualities and sets of thinking, like Jesus mentioned above, but lesser and [in theory] formed differently. Still powerful, these beings come in various definitive classes, which include: Seraph, Cherub, Angel, and possibly other types that the Bible does not mention/did not need to mention. It is possible that they are of the same subtypes as Jesus, as they inhabit the same realm according to the Bible. Angel, in Hebrew, means "Messenger".

From all this, we see that the Holy Spirit is definitely not a person with a gender, but the raw active force very likely hailing from metaphysics, as it is not detectable by current man-made technology. None of us can truly say what it is, however, as it seems to only be detectable by our brains, which contain qualities which we do not fully understand or even know about yet.

Sources:
Read the first article, then the others will fall into place; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_M-theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysical_necessity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_logic
https://mally.stanford.edu/Papers/logic-metaphysics.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 08:58 pm
No marriage in heaven and no male or female-
Jesus said- "..those who are considered worthy of taking part in.. the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage... for they are like the angels" (Luke 20:35/36)

And Paul reminds us that there's no gender -
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female,for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )
neologist

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2016 11:19 pm
@Harry Blake,
Nor is the holy spirit an angel or 'person'. It is a force.
onevoice

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 05:22 pm
@neologist,
Just poking around and this caught my attention. I haven't read through it all, so forgive me if you've answered this already please. Smile What exactly do you mean by saying it is a force? I hear,"let the force be with you!" Every time I say force... Lol Darn Hollywood. But it really is a good question I have never even really thought about. A force... Huh.
neologist

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 05:46 pm
@onevoice,
Suddenly my vocabulary is insufficient.
Both the Hebrew word ruah and the Greek word pneuma are often translated as breath or force.

I need to add to this. I can see that.
onevoice

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 06:31 pm
@neologist,
Breath.... Ahhh. I like that a lot. I think what you said is sufficient for me. Smile I love digging into the Greek and Hebrew. I find it fascinating.
0 Replies

ilikeyou

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 02:50 am
@Craven de Kere,
It's read in the Bible in the original language: God created in his own image and his likeness: man and woman. That is, both male and female nature is in God. However, the spirit is in God and in Jesus?
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 12:28 pm
@neologist,
And neither the Hebrew nor the Greek distinguished a proper name from a common one by captitalization
0 Replies