Is the "Holy Spirit" male or female?

snood

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:01 pm
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Hey Frank - can't say you're not consistent, man. Cool
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:01 pm
I won't even use a soap called Dove, more proof that the Holy Ghost is female!
fbaezer

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:12 pm
Frank Apisa,
We may dispute if Jesus was a reincarnation of God. We may even dispute his historicity, We may not dispute that he was male. Why not continue the speculation with the Holy Spirit?
This is discussing for the sake of it. Cool.

Since we have become so byzantine, Craven, why don't you start a thread about how many angels fit in the tip of a needle.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:18 pm
I've already bemoaned that I have sunk to those trivialities on the Jesus being a Virgin thread.

But I have another Bible debate about someone wetting themself after seeing God write on a wall.

That should take up some time.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 06:27 pm
I'd say you guys are warped, but then I'd have to admit I'm warped enough to laugh at it. Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:58 pm
hahaha snood!
0 Replies

trixabell

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:05 am
on account of the fact that christianity is a completely sexist religion...all of the main peoples being male (xcept mary who would hav a job not being female...tho im sure they would hav found a way to get round that if they could) im guessing the holy spirit was, indeed, male. it shouldn't be that way...there was a while when i was young(er) and naive wen i figured that the holy spirit didnt have a gender, being that it isnt human, isnt planning to reproduce and therefore doesnt need one...oh well...irrelavant musings amuse me
love and jellytots -xxx-
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:38 am
Here are a few References to the "Holy Spirit" over 90 times in the OT and NT "NIV"

ISA 63:10 Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit.
ISA 63:11 Where is he who set his Holy Spirit among them,
MATT 1:18 she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.
MATT 1:20 because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit
MARK 12:36 David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared: " `The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." '
LUKE 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
JOHN 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things
HEB 10:15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:50 am
MATT 1:18 she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit

- that is the one that convinced me that the Holy Spirit is either a 'he' or 'it', certainly not 'she'. Is it important at all though?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 09:35 am
Not to me. Wondering about that makes about as much sense to me as discussing, as the ship is sinking, the color of a life jacket before donning it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 11:05 am
hee hee, i am sure it is much more pleasant to drown with a soothing green life jacket on, rather than an angry yellow one.
0 Replies

DungScooperDave

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 07:42 pm
I've actually heard that the word for the Holy Spirit in the Bible is feminine, but I've never checked this out myself to see whether or not it was true.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 07:48 pm
As far as I know (my memory is all I'm basing this on) there is no absolute indication one way or another in original texts.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:21 am
Why would a spirit have a sexuality. Surely if you believe there is a God you can expand your mind enough to believe that their can be beings without sex types.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:35 am
The other two parties in the Diety clearly have gender.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:02 am
Well, there's been plans to move the Holy Spirit to a non-executive role as demands on the Trinity have made to position untenable. Think more in line with "The Two of Us" or the "Deiffic Duo" as the new trademark "Have I Told You about My Boy, the Messiah?" is trialled in some of the Eastern states this Fall.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:28 am
Gosh!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:30 am
As for the other two bits, Craven, I never believe ANYTHING about the gender of a supreme deity, split into howeversomany parts as it may be, without sighting its bits and bobs, should there be such, my very own self.

And I advise you to do the same, and never say I offer no good advice.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:45 am
Perhaps Craven's thoughts on the Holy Spirit being feminine has something to do with the word 'Holy'...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:24 am
Shocked
0 Replies