Is the "Holy Spirit" male or female?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:44 pm
@dlowan,
I loved, loved, loved the herding cats. That may or may not have been by my friend's ex, I've not the energy to check. But, I can be engaged at that level of advertising.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:09 am
The question for the original post is the holy spirit male or female is the same as asking what sex is the wind, what sex is breath.
Francis

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:17 am
@Philis,
I can answer that question when I hear breath during sex..
revel

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:27 am
@Francis,
So you can distinguish female and male breaths without any other indicator to give a clue as to gender? Be an interesting experiment.

The question in the title is an interesting one, I am not sure of the answer but I tend to think if anything, the Holy Spirit would be male since in Genesis it says, "let us make man in our image" and then he formed Adam from the dust of the ground. Later God made a help meet for man which was Eve from Adam's rib. He created man from the dust but he created woman from the man and since God said they were going to make man into their image, it is a pretty safe bet the Holy Ghost would be male.

Genesis 2
0 Replies

The Piper

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:05 am
@dagmaraka,
The Holy Spirit is definately the female spirit. The bible teaches this. When God was discussing man. God said, "Let us make man in our image." The the bible goes on to explain. They were made male and female. This is the image of God. Early interpeters deliberately left out the importance of the Female Spirit so that the male gender could rule and have their wars. The Female Spirit has been held back for millinia. We need and desire a true example of the Female Spirit. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a world where the Female Spirit was respected.
0 Replies

timmohr

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:19 pm
gen 1: 26 says ; let US make man in UOR image. who do you think he was talking too? I ALWAYS BACK UP MY FAITH WITH SCIENCE. SCIENCE AND THE BIBLE ALWAYS GOES HAND IN HAND. If you look ,ask the questions, then find the answers biblicaly and scientiflcaly you will find they are the same. therefor,in order to create life you must have a MALE and FEMALE. GOD the FATHER was talking to his wife in gen1: 26. also if you translate GODS real nametoYEHUWAH (hebrew) you have to do your home work to know what i am talking about. You will find out that EH is masculine and AH is feminine.The letters HUW stand for the son (JESUS) as most people call him. So, if you put it all together you come up with the FATHER the SON and the MOTHER.In short, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A FEMALE.
Francis

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 01:43 pm
@timmohr,
Quote:
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A FEMALE.

And a bitch...
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 03:58 pm
@timmohr,
good grief charlie brown, it states in the bible baptise in the name of the father, son and holy ghost.
djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:02 pm
i thought this was the holy spirit
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/voracious/bottle_home.jpg
0 Replies

timmohr

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 05:20 pm
@Philis,
read my posting.theterm holy ghost or spirit is a female. have you ever heard of the trinity? they are three but together they are one. the holy ghost is also referred as the comforter.look up the word comfort then look up the word care. as in maternal solictude. most people would agree with me that in a family the mother is the comforter.in hebrew ghost and spirit are the same. in the kjv the holy ghost appears 90 times and spirit 7 times. you .i agree with you about the babtism
Philis

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:05 pm
@timmohr,
however, spirit is ruah in hebrew and it refers to breath, air, wind and there is nothing strictly male/female abt that. Holy /spirit/ghost is god, neither either strictly male or female but having all qualities.
timmohr

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:37 pm
@Philis,
the term GOD in hebrewis ELOHIM wich means: PLURAL formation of GOD. once again : iam using scientific fact to back me up.there are many mentions ofGODS-plural in the bible such as; heb 3: 7 , josh 22:22, psalm136:2, dan2:47 dan 11:36, exod 18:11, chron 16;26, 2;5 just to name afew. please read luke 3:22 . yes i agree with you that they do have all qualities. JESUS never called Mary as Mother he referred to as woman, Mary is the surrogate mother. look at john2:4-19. everyone else refferd to Mary as Mother ,NOT JESUS. IF YOU HAVE A FATHER,SON, WHAT IS MISSING HERE? i believe it would be a MOTHER.
0 Replies

timmohr

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 09:58 pm
@Philis,
My name is Tim, not Charlie Brown
0 Replies

timmohr

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:11 pm
@Philis,
Do you you know the name of the FATHER, SON, HOLY GHOST? GOD would like you to call him by his name.ISAIAH 52: 5-6, 65:1 JER 23:27 KINGS 18: 14 . JUST TO NAME A FEW! However, it is three NAMES put together to make one name, just as you have a first name , second name and last name.
0 Replies

timmohr

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 11:13 pm
@Philis,
luke3:22 says "AND THE HOLY GHOST DESCENDED IN A BODILY SHAPE LIKE A DOVE.... now look up the word ''DOVE'' one definition in the websters dictionary of a dove is '' A GENTILE WOMAN''. need i say more?
timmohr

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:13 pm
@timmohr,
Oops i miss typed geentile , i ment GENTLE
timmohr

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:16 pm
@timmohr,
no replies lately.whats wrong? am i right? or what ? i would love to hear some feed back. please lets have an adult debate about this. PROVE ME WRONG!
0 Replies

timmohr

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:27 pm
come on, we all know that you have to have a male and female to create life. GOD the Father is ''sound '' the son JESUS is ''wind '' the HOLY GHOST'' is light
0 Replies

bob600

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 03:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Incorrect, until something can be proven to exist either by observation or even at a push, logic, then it does not exist. The Holy Spirit does not exist so the question is meaningless.
timmohr

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 12:34 pm
@bob600,
that is where your faith comes in! can you see air? no, but you know it exsists.