27
   

Is the "Holy Spirit" male or female?

 
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 01:05 pm
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/353/1/d/casper_the_friendly_ghost_by_mollyketty-d4jma99.png
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 02:06 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Well the Holy Spirit is NOT the third person of the trinity.
True
Squeakybro wrote:
The trinity doctrine is false.
Understood
Squeakybro wrote:
Stephen seen (sic) God and Jesus but he didn't see any angels.
That's what it says
Squeakybro wrote:
And the Holy Spirit is an assigned angel..
Not said anywhere
Squeakybro
 
  0  
Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 06:30 pm
@neologist,
But very much implied
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 06:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
But very much implied
Just give us one or two specific implications.
Squeakybro
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 09:03 pm
@neologist,
HOLY SPIRIT ASIGNED ANGEL (AS A SPIRIT)

Matt 3:16-17
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
John 1:51
51 And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
Luke 24:38
38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
James 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxxNow if you demand that it be put in the carnal language before you will believe it, that makes you very hard-hearted. And the hard-hearted always strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
Mark 8:18
18 "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
(NKJ)

xxxAngels work from out side of us. Spirits work from inside of us. And God has turned some of His angels into spirits so that they might abide inside of us. And the one that quotes verses is the Holy One, or Holy Spirit, or Holy Ghost.

Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."
(NKJ)

John 15:26
26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
(NKJ)

Rev 1:1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants-- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
(NKJ)
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 09:06 pm
It's an 'it.'
Squeakybro
 
  0  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
No its a He. That talks to us.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:50 am
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/yearofsundays/files/2011/05/Casper-the-Friendly-Ghost-Pictures.jpg
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 02:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So, you're saying the holy spirit is named Casper?
Tell Squeaky.
0 Replies
 
Squeakybro
 
  0  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That is incorrect. I know He exists. I have conversations with Him every day.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 09:59 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
. . . I have conversations with Him every day.
And there's the rub . .
Squeakybro
 
  0  
Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:33 am
@neologist,
You mean them kind of statements arouse peoples unclean spirits.
But if its true, it is no longer my problem but the peoples.
0 Replies
 
Eternal Peace
 
  1  
Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 03:50 pm
@Craven de Kere,
I disagree with your disagreement. With all due respect, you do not know the bible as well as any preacher, or you would have read this, which is not new, and has been known for thousands of years:

27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

So, we see above that God (being one God, father, son and holy spirit), created mankind in his own image, male and female.

The previous response is correct, the holy spirit goes way beyond gender, race, even species. The holy spirit is simply, yet profoundly, the mind and spirit of God.

Eternal Peace
 
  1  
Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 03:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
To those who are ignorant, the things which they are ignorant of, do not exist to them, or at least, they are skeptical, and some, even scorn that which they know nothing of.

Millions of people have first hand witness and experience of the Holy Spirit. The fact, and truth, that millions (if not billions) of others have never experienced it, is not proof that it does not exist. That belief is foolish and illogical.

Imagine the belief that millions once held that a spherical earth did not exist. Because it was not yet revealed to them, did their ignorance and unbelief make the truth not exist?
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 04:56 pm
@Eternal Peace,
Eternal Peace wrote:
The previous response is correct, the holy spirit goes way beyond gender, race, even species. The holy spirit is simply, yet profoundly, the mind and spirit of God.
As with many believers, you seem to have missed the fact that the holy spirit has no sentience. It is the force, the energy through which Jehovah accomplishes his purpose.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 05:00 pm
@Eternal Peace,
Eternal Peace wrote:
I disagree with your disagreement. With all due respect, you do not know the bible as well as any preacher. . .
The few preachers who actually know the Bible fear to divulge its truth to the congregation, lest they join the ranks of the unemployed.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:05 pm
@Eternal Peace,
Eternal Peace wrote:

To those who are ignorant, the things which they are ignorant of, do not exist to them, or at least, they are skeptical, and some, even scorn that which they know nothing of.


You are incorrectly supposing I am ignorant of the matters that must be known to discuss the issues being discussed here. I am far from ignorant of them.

Quote:
Millions of people have first hand witness and experience of the Holy Spirit.


Every single one of them may have simply suffered from delusion. Seek Zeus with the same enthusiasm you use to seek this holy spirit...and you will find Zeus.

But better you spend your time getting awake.




Quote:
The fact, and truth, that millions (if not billions) of others have never experienced it, is not proof that it does not exist. That belief is foolish and illogical.


I do not do beliefs. And if you think that the "belief" these things do not exist is foolish and illogical...you oughta pay some attention to the "beliefs" that they do exist. Both "beliefs" are a laugh.


Quote:

Imagine the belief that millions once held that a spherical earth did not exist. Because it was not yet revealed to them, did their ignorance and unbelief make the truth not exist?


Why are you telling me this? Are you under the mistaken notion that I am saying that "I believe they do not exist?"

I do not do "believing" in either direction...and all the "believing" in the universe is not going to make it slide one way or the other.
0 Replies
 
WiseCounsellor
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 11:23 am
@Craven de Kere,
The Holy Spirit is "one" both masculine and feminine. It is the spirit of truth.
0 Replies
 
Squeakybro
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 07:07 am
LANGUAGE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Rev 2:29
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
2 Tim 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
John 16:25-30
25 "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.
26 "In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
27 "for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
28 "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father."
29 His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech!
30 "Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."
1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
James 3:17-18
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
2 Cor 5:5-11
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
(NKJ)
Now it says there are many different languages in the world. Even Jesus had a special language called parables. Paul even had one he only fed them with the milk understanding. But they both Jesus and Paul said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. Now John 14-26 says that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things, and bring to remembrance all things that Jesus has already said. Not what He is going to say, but what He has already said which is the verses. And John 16-13 says that the Holy Spirit cannot, remember cannot speak on His own authority, but we know from John 14-26 that He can quote verses. And by listening to the verses we can learn all about God and Jesus. And that is only if we have the gift of discernment. There are many getting verses now, and dont know that is the Holy Spirit trying to teach them.

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)
0 Replies
 
anthonypameladp
 
  0  
Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 12:41 pm
@Craven de Kere,
The holy spirit is God’s power in action, his active force. The Bible also refers to God’s holy spirit as his “hands” or “fingers.”(Psalm 8:3, 19:1). By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” or “fingers,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit. (Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5). The Bible gives the names of Jehovah God (Psalm 83:18) and of his Son, Jesus Christ (Luke 1:31) yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. Just a little food for thought.
 

Related Topics

Hearing The Holy Spirit - Discussion by Squeakybro
RE Homework - Question by melodypink21
The Devil Talks To Us - Discussion by Squeakybro
Guardian Angel - Discussion by Squeakybro
The Milk and the Meat Of The Holy Spirit - Discussion by Squeakybro
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/06/2022 at 01:53:43