Is the "Holy Spirit" male or female?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 12:47 pm
@anthonypameladp,
What ever happened to "man was made in god's image?"
anthonypameladp

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 02:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are right, man was created in God’s image. At Genesis 1:27, the Bible reveals what you mentioned, “God proceeded to create the man in his image."
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 06:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What ever happened to "man was made in god's image?"

Probably a translation error. The original probably read: "god was made in man's imagination." http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/grin.gif
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 12:47 pm
@FBM,
That's what I have believed for most of my life, although all my siblings are christians. They're all married to christians, and I married a buddhist. I'm the yellow sheep of the family. Wink
FBM

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 06:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/hehe.gif
0 Replies

JoshuaVerum

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 04:46 pm
The trinity is false. Jehovah is God, Jesus is his son and the holy spirit is God's Power.

"Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.”

In fact, the God of the Bible is never described as being part of a Trinity. Note these Bible passages:

“Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.”—Deuteronomy 6:4.

“You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”—Psalm 83:18.

“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”—John 17:3.

“God is only one.”—Galatians 3:20.

Why do most Christian denominations say that God is a Trinity?

Please visit JW.org for accurate information regarding God, Jesus and Life.
FBM

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 07:23 pm
@JoshuaVerum,
Quote:
Please visit JW.org for accurate information regarding God, Jesus and Life.

Pass. You're not the first JW to stumble into this den of iniquity. If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up about converting anyone. You're more likely to just get your feelings hurt by people asking you for evidence, and other such heathenous, irreverent behavior. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/read.gif
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 07:27 pm
@FBM,
I apologize as being one of 'those' heathens.
FBM

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 07:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No apologies required. Rather, I think you deserve a http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/icon_thumright.gif
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 01:09 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
. . . You're not the first JW to stumble into this den of iniquity. If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up about converting anyone. You're more likely to just get your feelings hurt by people asking you for evidence, and other such heathenous, irreverent behavior. . .
JWs have thick skin. Or, should have.
But you keep asking for evidence. Our evidence may be found by anybody. It is not hidden. What you really want is proof - the interpretation of the evidence.
Right?

BTW, regarding the gender of the holy spirit, where would you look?
FBM

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 01:19 am
@neologist,
If I want proof, I'll ask for proof. If I want evidence, I'll ask for evidence. You have never presented anything that unequivocally points towards either a creator or, now, a holy spirit. We've started several discussions about it, but they've always just fizzled out.
Briancrc

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:21 am
@FBM,
Find evidence for: does the holy spirit leave the toilet seat up

Wink
FBM

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 05:35 am
@Briancrc,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/strokebeard_1.gif
0 Replies

SAMAS

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 11:08 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Neither male nor female..

Genesis 1:27: So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

You have to understand the inner meaning of the image.

Attributes of God, is the image.

And you should know, what was the attributes of God.

FBM

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 11:26 pm
@SAMAS,
Logic break? If this god created us in its image, and this god is neither female nor male...eh...then we would be neither female nor male. Or we wouldn't be made in its image. Not very well, anyway.
SAMAS

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 02:55 am
@FBM,
I mean The Holy Spirit neither male or female.
FBM

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 02:58 am
@SAMAS,
My bad.
SAMAS

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 07:27 am
@FBM,
Gen 2:7 (KJB) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Holy Spirit is the 'breath of life'..

God breathed or blew into his (Adam) nostrils the breath of life...(Holy Spirit).

The same thing happened to Virgin Mary, God breathed into Mary nostril the breath of life for her to gave birth to Jesus Christ.
neologist

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 01:23 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
If I want proof, I'll ask for proof. If I want evidence, I'll ask for evidence. You have never presented anything that unequivocally points towards either a creator or, now, a holy spirit. We've started several discussions about it, but they've always just fizzled out.
"Unequivocally".
Aye, there's the rub.
Since my evidence is the same as your evidence. Nothing is new.

Must have something to do with one's evaluation of the evidence.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 04:22 pm
@SAMAS,
He didn't want to do lip to lip. LOL