My grandfather's memoirs

Ceili

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 01:43 pm
Fascinating history. Your grandfather's perspective on canada, the war and his life is so well told, may he rest in peace knowing that many people will enjoy this wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it Cav,
Ceili
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 02:11 pm
Thanks Ceili!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 05:05 pm
Boris' voice is marvellous. Thank goodness he decided to put it all down for posterity! I am only part way through.

Thanks for taking the time to share it, cav.

Amazing.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 06:07 pm
Cav
Fascinating and in some ways close to home. My Mother came from Bialystock about 1905 and father came from Yalta in 1914. Although my mother told us a few stories about her life in Russian Poland my father never spoke about Russia. One thing I have regretted in my later years is that I never was interested enough to ask questions about their life before coming to this country. That is why aside from it being a wonderful story of your grandfathers journey through life I can identify it with some of my mothers stories. Thank you for the posting it is a gift.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 07:06 pm
Thanks au1929, and Sofia, who I am sure will enjoy even more. My pleasure, I am sure he would have been pleased to see so many people getting pleasure out of it.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 08:20 pm
Wonderful, cav.
Thanks for sharing this.
A really interesting view of Canada.

Oddly familiar at times, when he talks about their early housing situation in Winnipeg.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 08:49 pm
cav, You did your grandfather great honor. I started reading it, but will complete it when I have more time within the next several days. Been busy with Grand Jury stuff. Thanks for sharing this very personal history with us. I'm looking forard to reading it. c.i.
0 Replies

Mari

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 10:05 pm
This is wonderful! I haven't read the whole thing yet but I will. This is a real treasure you have. Please make sure you preserve the original copy well. I am a genealogy buff, and I love history...this document is priceless! Smile
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 01:53 pm
That family history is really great, cavfancier!! How come families in the New World always have much more interesting familyhistories than the families here in the Old World :wink: ? I demand an interesting familyhistory!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 05:22 pm
Fascinating...thanks for the link NIMH...it should live again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:13 am
sending the link to hamburger (and dragging this up the list - it's a must-read)
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:44 am
this is great cav, thanks for the link, enjoyed it really
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:53 am
I've been reading this post for some time, now, Cav, spellbound from start to finish. Thank you so much for letting us to share this brilliant history.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:58 am
Thanks drom. I think Boris would be pleased that so many 'strangers' have been touched by his writing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:14 am
Cav, I'm trying to get a copy of my Dad's memoires...you've inspired me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:19 am
I look forward to reading them panzade.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:19 am
I knew that you would.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:23 am
Where did he hail from panzade?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 10:09 am
Vienna Austria and his life was a reflection of the torturous events of the Twentieth Century
0 Replies

swestover

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
cav,

You have a wonderful piece of not only history but of family. Not many people get that.

It was a truly great piece to read. I could not stop!
0 Replies