Is homosexuality a bad thing?

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:24 pm
@djjd62,
Sorry about that I edited my post because I wanted to go back and copy and paste my question. So it is there now! This should have been for every one even if you are not anti-gay
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:29 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
This problem is not specifically gay but rather very typical in minority´s...

Yes, and then you compounded your bias by making veiled comments about those that disagreed with you being gay as if it was some sort of pejorative.

Quote:
They tend to capture and adapt cultural symbols from majority´s instead of forwarding their own, thus favouring a "mono-grey" sense of equality in place of diversity and creativity...

But I can recognize that is a false argument Fil. Separate but equal doesn't result in equal as we found out in the US under Plessy v Ferguson.

I suggest you propose some kind of equal that is equal but not the same. I bet you won't find anything that meets the fully equal requirement.

Quote:
beyond that we are under the topic of "pirating" ideals and concepts
Of course that occurs. What do you think it is when a designer uses nature as a basis for his design? There is really very little that is new under the sun. It is mostly just taking existing things and tweaking them slightly.
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If your mother and father were good to you growing up I would like for you to try and imagine that they had adopted you. You do love them correct? I sure hope so.
Now try and amagine that they were both males, I do know that this is a twist of the mind but I am only asking you to try.

It is an interesting question rl but not one that is easy to answer since it is so theoretical.

Another question is how would you respond as a parent if you found out your child was gay? Here we see the answer in real life from people that are antigay. Different people respond differently. Some realize it's still their child so change their feelings about gay people. Others are so antigay they are willing to throw away their child before they will change their views.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:37 pm
@parados,
Would a child throw away his/her parents?
HexHammer

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:01 pm
@moogly bear,
Think of homosexuallity as harmless in small doses, if everybody were homosexual, the mankind would siese to exist.
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

In reality? No because it would be what they know and grew up with. (Of course there are instances where heterosexual parents are so bad that children do want to get away from them.)

As a theoretical, it's easy to say one way or the other without examining the situation.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:08 pm
@HexHammer,
This is true but like myself and many more we will not alow mankind to stop existing because we are pussy whipped!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:13 pm
@parados,
You are right, and still, nature is able to produce diversity...take for instance Chameleons eyes, which certainly are not equal to mammals eyes...

Gay relationships are not infinitely different from heterosexual relationships, its all to obvious that there is allot in common, but not everything...

I favour diversity, without denying the similarity's !
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:17 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

reasoning logic wrote:

In reality? No because it would be what they know and grew up with. (Of course there are instances where heterosexual parents are so bad that children do want to get away from them.)

As a theoretical, it's easy to say one way or the other without examining the situation.

It is amazing that we can speak in hypothetical terms about most anything that we can see in reality but with this it becomes a problem!

Has there ever been a recorded instance of a child disowning a loving parent because the parent was gay? I am sure that a child can disown his/her parents for many reasons but I would willing to bet that it would not be for being gay.
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I favour diversity, without denying the similarity's !

But you seem to contradict yourself when you say things like this -

Quote:
They tend to capture and adapt cultural symbols from majority´s instead of forwarding their own
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Has there ever been a recorded instance of a child disowning a loving parent because the parent was gay?

I would bet there are instances of it. Usually in situations where the parent hid they were gay until the child was grown.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:21 pm
@parados,
Yes I would suppose that you are correct but what dose that tell everyone about the logic of traditions and cultures?
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Yes I would suppose that you are correct but what dose that tell everyone about traditions and cultures?

I would say it points to some people being so locked in those traditions and cultures that they can't see or begin to understand anything outside of them.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:26 pm
@parados,
I am not completely sure that it is possible if the parent and child had a loving relationship Wink
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
Emotions are strange things. Rejection or perceived rejection can cause irrational reactions.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:39 pm
@parados,
Ok so what you are saying is it does not matter what is being rejected, it can cause a person to stop loving their parrents, so it is not necessarily a gay problem as it could also be any other type of problem so I would not find the problem to be with the gay parent but a problem of psychology.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Of course not !
I seriously doubt any child would have anything against her parents being gay...at best they would fear social rejection.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
Agreed !
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
If this is your reply would you have a different view about gay people if your parents were gay or would you still hold your view points about gay people?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
My rational opinion upon gay would n´t change much since I don´t have a particular bad opinion about gay´s...

Emotionally I suppose I would be more familiarized with their culture and particularity´s...