Is homosexuality a bad thing?

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:19 pm
snood wrote:
By the way, how do you define "African Society"? Africa is a continent with 54 countries, and I'm not sure there is a homogenous "society", is there?

Good point snood. Black people are actually quite diverse... Skin color or national borders do not necessarily relegate a people to a certain "society"... Society is a divisive term often used to divide people.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:15 pm
Both homosexuality and heterosexuality are neither good nor bad; they just are. We lay values on them for our purposes. We must not think that our value judgements are descriptions of the world. They are projections or expressions of our selves and our historically constructed and culturally constituted world views/value systems.
Apologies to the objectivist absolutists.
0 Replies

elloello

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:15 am
In Islam there is pretty much a reason for everything. Men can marry up to four women - if they can do justice to them all - reason being, there are more then four times the amount of women in this world then men. Logically this could prevent things like prostitution. As far as being gay - We are supposed to be superior beings in this planet but the fact is, not even animals commit homosexual acts. When we look at the purpose of the creation of men and women it is simply to create children that will live on their legacy. The emotion that entangles in this purpose can be bad or good. In my opinion giving birth to a new life is the greatest thing anyone can achieve in their life time. As the acceptance of homosexuality grows it will become more and more common in our daily life. Children that have been left for adoption will end up in the care of homosexuals whereas the purpose of creation will be defied and that is the point in time where the true essence of humanity will perish Smile
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:22 am
@elloello,
elloello wrote:
Men can marry up to four women - if they can do justice to them all - reason being, there are more then four times the amount of women in this world then men.

I find myself in awe of your colossal ignorance.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:48 am
@joefromchicago,
Ditto -- the lack of education shows out like a sore thumb. No homosexuality in the rest of the animal world? Completely false.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 09:24 am
@elloello,
Oh good grief.

WHERE did you get all this false nonsense from?

Have you had no exposure to education outside some fundamentalist propaganda hellhole?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 05:10 pm
@elloello,
Hahahahahahaha.

Well they do say ignorance is bliss.
If I was convinced that the greatest thing I could possibly achieve in life was to impregnate my 4 wives as rapidly as possible then life would be pretty damn good.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 06:49 pm
@elloello,
elloello, do any believers in Islam question such statements as those you are making? What is "doing justice" to a woman? Unmarried women do not necessarily become prostitutes...that is an illogical and unjustified assertion. There are more men born in this world than women, so why do we end up with fewer men? War and tribal conflict? Let's work to solve that...rather than justify a man having four wives.

The purpose of creation is that beings will create children. Well, yes. If we don't, our tribe will not survive. But haven't we evolved beyond that? People who have created reading and writing, music, libraries and schools, art and museums...there is more reason to stay alive than just to procreate, which some of must do -- you are right there.

Males and females cannot be seen as at opposite poles, except in extreme cases ( we all know a super feminine woman and a hugely macho man,) and there is surely a range in the middle where most of us fall...some with more or less leanings toward one pole or the other. There are many ways to nurture children without having borne them...the world needs nurturers and caretakers as much as it needs those who can do the nine-month thing. Studies show that animals indulge in and enjoy same-sex stimulation...perhaps this helps in bonding or to strengthen the tribe.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:41 pm
Just because a woman can bear a child does not always a mommy make. Some woman loath and terrify their children and they equally loath their husbands. The never speak a friendly word and they reject their husbands sexually. Why?

Sometimes women can bear children but they are actually abusively male dominating females in a woman's body. Their husbands are actually the only mothering the children have ever had. The children love their father and fear their mother.

So if the husband should leave the woman after years of abuse and find comfort and love in another man's arms, and both men are virtuously nurturing and loving to their children then who should the children be with? Their mother or their father? Can a father be the mother?

When does a maternal mother's abuse become too much? Should it evolve to the point where her sons grow up to hate women or develop an abnormal longing for a father than has been abused and rejected for another man? I do not personally hold any type of hatred for any persons but I know of these types of things happening often and I find it rather peculiar to say the least.

Some types of female snakes give birth to their babies in trees so that when they are born they fall from the trees to the ground. This way the children cannot come back and sting the mother.

When two men try to raise their children from their broken marriages even today the world looks at them with disapproval. Even though their children have been abused by overbearing manic mothers, the world still often feels as if some other woman should raise them and not their fathers. Especially if their fathers turned out gay.

What better to raise them but the fathers who were the only real nurturing thing in their lives, the thing they were deprived of for so long.

Their families members disapprove, their ex-spouses disapprove, social workers frown on it and yet the children want to be with their fathers. So should the man who finds after a long abusive relationship with a woman that he is gay, is he really better finding another woman when he himself has also been hurt by “women” or should he find a man who has also been in the same situation and can actually relate?

Once children have been pushed, hated, insulted, denigrated, neglected and pushed again by their mothers eventually they get to the age where they strike back and they the become institutionalized. All because they wanted to be with their father.

All because it was their father who, all along, was actually their mother.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 05:27 am
@elloello,
You know, the internet is a wonderful thing. It allows you to meet people with incredible intellect, as well as the other end of the spectrum...

The one thing I've learned from this site is that sometimes, you shouldn't even try to argue. Sometimes, there is no argument.
0 Replies

wadall

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:05 pm
@moogly bear,
homosexuality is bad. homosexuals do not reproduce. since they do not reproduce they are not helping humanity because humanity has always (as historical and evolutionary examples abundantly state) thrived and prevailed in numbers.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:38 pm
@wadall,
Quote:
homosexuality is bad. homosexuals do not reproduce. since they do not reproduce they are not helping humanity because humanity has always (as historical and evolutionary examples abundantly state) thrived and prevailed in numbers.
as if we need more people on this earth!!. I am more concerned with gender confusion, with throwing instability into the society. Until we are clear that homosexuality does not exacerbate these problems it should be discouraged. Gay marriage should not be allowed under the same grounds, and also because this is not marriage.
RexRed

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 08:22 am
@hawkeye10,
It is preposterous to deny two loving people the right to marriage, Hitler tried that. Only despots and totalitarian war mongers are against gay marriage. Perhaps Freud was right and it is a small penis complex that causes some to deny others a right to love and the pursuit of happiness.

As if a piece of paper can really ordain true love.... Homosexual love is a sacred rite that is outside of the realm of what others think.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:50 am
"Homosexual love is a sacred rite"? Sez who?
snood

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 08:54 am
Rex:

Quote:
Human sexuality is first to love, then to reproduce...

?? Really? Who sez?
JLNobody

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:03 pm
@snood,
Snood, I'm surprised at you. If Rex says that love has primacy over reproduction, he's making a value judgement. I think that all love, including gay love is divine. That's my value judgement. The very title of this thread contains the word "bad". That makes it a value, not an empirical issue.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:12 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I'm pretty sure RexRed said that.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:31 pm
@joefromchicago,
Green Queen it must have been. Mr. Green 2 Cents Drunk
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:34 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

snood wrote:

I'm pretty sure RexRed said that.

Yeh. Know that, joe.
It sounded like some sort of proclamation, and I wanted some foundation or precedent for it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:36 pm
@JLNobody,
Yeah, I know. It just seems like he thinks he's speaking from some sort of authoritative place or something. Opinions and assholes, y'know.