Republican Congressman Predicts Bush Impeachment

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:44 am
http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/december2004/121204newheader.gif

Quote:
Republican Congressman Predicts Bush Impeachment
Says US close to dictatorship

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com | March 3 2006

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/march2006/030306paul.jpg

Republican Congressman Ron Paul has gone on record with his prediction that the impeachment of George W. Bush is right around the corner but warned that in the meantime the US was slipping perilously close to a dictatorship.

Appearing on the Alex Jones Show and addressing the port sell-out, Paul stated that, "it probably will contribute to the Republican's failure in the next election."

Asked if the Democrats would use gains in the mid-term elections to set in motion impeachment proceedings against George W. Bush, Paul responded,

"I predict that would happen."

"I think he (Bush) has numerous things that the Democrats if they get a chance, not only will they be after him for that but it will be payback for the Clinton impeachment."

Paul was inclined to believe that the port sales would go ahead anyway but took a positive perspective in pointing out that it again highlighted George W. Bush's complete abandonment of conservative principles.

source

The whole US Government is falling apart. Yes, they will try to dump the blame on Bush, but Bush could never have done all that he is done without the willing complicity of thousands of bureaucrats who say their own personal fortunes improve by going along with Bush's agenda. When Bush goes, everyone who helped him needs to go with him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,589 • Replies: 223
No top replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:54 am
Quote:
http://www.newsday.com/images/banner/header2005.gif

The bungling Bush presidency is falling apart

March 3, 2006

An old acquaintance in Washington - a former member of Republican administrations whose foreign policy views are decidedly hard-line - recently had this to say to a friend about the Bush administration: This might be the most inept administration in American history.

Considering some of the bozos who have served in the White House - James Buchanan and Warren Harding are two names that come to mind - that is a breathtaking statement. Considering the stakes involved with the United States, the most powerful nation in the world, it is also frightening.

contiuned...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:02 am
Although he did not say it however, I suggest that he believes the republicans will lose or come perilously close to losing their congressional advantage in the 06 election.
Should that not happen there is no chance IMO of a well deserved impeachment of Bush.

Unfortunately I have faith in the ignorance of the American electorate. "The masses are asses."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:20 am
BBB
As much as I despise Bushco, I favor doing what is best for the country's Common Good. That would mean voting the rascals out of office rather than impeachment. Pay back thinking would not be a good idea.

Both Bush and Cheney would have to be impeached and you still would have the Speaker of the House as president.

I'd rather clean house in the 2006 election.

BBB
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:53 am
Get rid of the sons of bitches...and be done with it. This country does not need another impeachment.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 10:51 am
I disagree. What message would it send that the US will impeach a president over a peccadillo, but give a free ride to the likes of Bush?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 10:58 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Get rid of the sons of bitches...and be done with it. This country does not need another impeachment.

It is a Hobson's Choice, no doubt. One has to wonder what would be worse: letting Bush finish off as a weakened President or impeaching the bastards (Bush AND Cheney)

I lean to the former.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 11:02 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
As much as I despise Bushco, I favor doing what is best for the country's Common Good. That would mean voting the rascals out of office rather than impeachment. Pay back thinking would not be a good idea.

Both Bush and Cheney would have to be impeached and you still would have the Speaker of the House as president.

BBB

Ummm. weren't we talking about after the mid-terms? Nany Pelosi could become speaker, wouldn't that be something? Of course, Cheney would resign first and they would try to get Rice in as VP which, if I recall, requires two-thirds of both Houses. This could all get very interesting. But don't forget the old Chinese Curse.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 11:04 am
DrewDad wrote:
I disagree. What message would it send that the US will impeach a president over a peccadillo, but give a free ride to the likes of Bush?

The message would be that the true patriots are the Democrats. This Republic is bigger than any one administration.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:46 pm
DrewDad wrote:

I think multiple counts of lying under oath and obstruction of justice amount to a bit more than a peccadillo.

While Bush has authorized a few violations of international law, I haven't seen anyone make a case that his actions rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:01 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

More than likely the hypothetical impeachment trial of both the President and Vice President would not happen simultaneously, letting a new Republican be appointed vice president. There would be little danger of the Speaker becoming president.

However, I have yet to see anyone make a case as to how any of Bush's actions amount to a high crime or a high misdemeanor.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:55 pm
oralloy wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

More than likely the hypothetical impeachment trial of both the President and Vice President would not happen simultaneously, letting a new Republican be appointed vice president. There would be little danger of the Speaker becoming president.

However, I have yet to see anyone make a case as to how any of Bush's actions amount to a high crime or a high misdemeanor.

Perhaps, you should make an effort to stay informed.

You have no idea what you are talking about regarding a possible impeachment. Do you really think a Democratically controlled chamber would approve Rice or anyone else by a 2/3 vote when it was clear he/she might ascend to the top job? Your lack of applying critical thinking is appalling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:11 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Perhaps, you should make an effort to stay informed.

I already do.

Roxxxanne wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about regarding a possible impeachment.

Yes I do.

Roxxxanne wrote:
Do you really think a Democratically controlled chamber would approve Rice or anyone else by a 2/3 vote when it was clear he/she might ascend to the top job?

Are you proposing that the Democrats will refuse to confirm a new vice president (the vote would only have to be a simple majority) in order to seize power in an impeachment?

After seeing Congressional Democrats refuse to convict Clinton for impeachable offenses, I wouldn't put it past them to try to impeach Bush for non-impeachable offenses.

But I have trouble believing that they would stoop to such a power grab.

And I'm pretty sure that such a power grab would be enough to prevent the Senate from convicting in any impeachment trial.

Roxxxanne wrote:
Your lack of applying critical thinking

Balderdash!
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:59 pm
As much as I dispise the SOB I'd still want to see him go, he's done enough damage
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:03 pm
Orally, Everybody knows the official story is bullsh!t. And that is all you ever got. Your a mouthpeice for lies. Your like a robot.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:53 pm
I think they should get that Nazi first -Karl Roverer.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:36 pm
Amigo wrote:
Orally, Everybody knows the official story is bullsh!t. And that is all you ever got. Your a mouthpeice for lies. Your like a robot.

I'm not sure what official story you are talking about, but your characterization of me is erroneous, regardless of what you meant.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:40 pm
No, i'm right on.

Your a mouthpiece of government disinformation. The only issue is why.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:42 pm
talk72000 wrote:
I think they should get that Nazi first -Karl Roverer.

I am into the whole French Revolution concept with the entire Bush Cabinet! Anyone have a straw basket and a Guillotine??

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
No, i'm right on.

Your a mouthpiece of government disinformation. The only issue is why.

A rightwinger just isn't at home unless they're lying about something!

Anon
0 Replies