THe ReDHoRN

Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:20 pm
Love is being side by side with your lover in a shoot out at the local bank and using him as a human shield so that he would feel happier in the after life, NOW THAT IS TRUE LOVE! Having a disregard for or not being binded by the idea of death splitting one another apart and hoping for the better of your lover's well being in the after life, THAT IS TRUE LOVE! But what I've heard of heaven, to me, it sounds kind of boring.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Sun 3 Aug, 2003 11:35 am
red;
with u there, even heaven would not b boring!
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:32 pm
Very Happy Why spank you!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:56 pm
'True Romance' was one of favorite movies. That and 'Harold and Maude'. Everything you need to know about love in all it's forms can be found there.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Mon 4 Aug, 2003 08:39 am
would'nt knowing everything about love spoil the fun? Rolling Eyes
(but it would b a blast getting there!) Laughing
0 Replies

dianadj543

Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:03 am
@Violet Lake,
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. - 1 Corinthians 13:5-7
0 Replies

kuvasz

Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:27 pm
0 Replies

Curiosity Is Key

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 10:46 am
@Terry,
Love is something purely from God.
Without God showing love we wouldn't know what it was, you can't truely love someone without him.
Now when you do love someone whole heartedly your willing to die for them and do anything. It doesn't mean that you love God less but even more because you know that he has given someone to you to help you with your physical needs.
Also God gave us Sex so its not bad as long as you follow marriage before sex.
ossobuco

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 02:24 pm
Great to see this thread again, and some posters I dearly miss.

I'm going to steal a JJorge post as a new sig line, soon as I give my present one a few more days.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 02:53 pm
@Curiosity Is Key,
Sweetheart, us who do not believe in God still love.

What you believe and what you were taught from your parents and church, does not apply to everyone. God is a ficticious character that does not exist.
Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 03:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Sweetheart, us who do not believe in God still love.

What you believe and what you were taught from your parents and church, does not apply to everyone. God is a ficticious character that does not exist.

You KNOW there are no gods...HOW????

Or are you asserting there are no gods the way those others are asserting there is a GOD?
timur

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 03:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, don't begin making crap again.

This is not a blind guess.

Even if we abide by agnosticism, the god that is defined here (source of love) doesn't exist.

It's a fictional creation.

If not, let's talk about the love god has for the starving children all around the world..
Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 03:55 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank, don't begin making crap again.

This is not a blind guess.

Even if we abide by agnosticism, the god that is defined here (source of love) doesn't exist.

It's a fictional creation.

If not, let's talk about the love god has for the starving children all around the world..

Jane is asserting that "god" is a fictitious character.

I am asking her how she KNOWS this. I am also asking if she is asserting there are no gods the way those others are asserting there is a GOD?

They are logical questions.

If you do not like them...what can I say. I will ask them anyway.
timur

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 03:59 pm
Then let me ask you a question: do you really think this god, source of love, really exists?

Please, not the blind guess crap, just the question about the loving god.
CalamityJane

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 04:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Or are you asserting there are no gods the way those others are asserting there is a GOD?

I had to read it three times to make some sort of sense out of this.
There are plural gods in your belief system? Please do tell!!

Simply put, Frank, there are no God(s) as they have not presented themselves to us. Or have they to you?

I don't know what others are asserting in their mind that makes them
believe in God. As I had pointed out, if you are brainwashed to believe in something, then you will - regardless what it is. The operative word is
"brainwashed".
CalamityJane

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 04:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I am asking her how she KNOWS this. I am also asking if she is asserting there are no gods the way those others are asserting there is a GOD?

These questions are not logical at all, Frank. Logic adheres to strict principles of validity. I know that God is a fictitious character because he/she is non-existent. If you prove to me he/she is, I will gravel on my knees and apologize.
roger

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 05:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I know that God is a fictitious character because he/she is non-existent.

I agree with you, in essence, but your reasoning here is very circular.
Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 06:19 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Then let me ask you a question: do you really think this god, source of love, really exists?

Please, not the blind guess crap, just the question about the loving god.

Are you asking me?

If so, Timur...have the respect to at least address the question to me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 06:25 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I had to read it three times to make some sort of sense out of this.
There are plural gods in your belief system? Please do tell!!

I cannot help your lack of comprehension, Jane. My comment was clear.

I do not have a belief system.

Quote:
Simply put, Frank, there are no God(s) as they have not presented themselves to us. Or have they to you?

So...there are no living creatures on any planet circling the nearest 5 stars to Sol...BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT PRESENTED THEMSELVES TO US???

C'mon...you may not be a genius, but you must have enough common sense to post something that makes sense.

You cannot logically conclude there are no gods simply because you have never seen any gods...any more than you can conclude there are no quarks just because you haves never seen any.

Quote:
I don't know what others are asserting in their mind that makes them
believe in God. As I had pointed out, if you are brainwashed to believe in something, then you will - regardless what it is. The operative word is
"brainwashed".

The operative words are "You definitely are not a genius."

I do not care what anyone "believes" or "guesses." If you want to "believe" or "guess" something...do so. But if you present your belief or guess as fact, I will question it.

You presented "there is no god" as a fact...I am asking how you know it.

HINT: YOU DO NOT KNOW IT. You are just guessing it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 06:27 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

These questions are not logical at all, Frank. Logic adheres to strict principles of validity. I know that God is a fictitious character because he/she is non-existent. If you prove to me he/she is, I will gravel on my knees and apologize.

I am not asserting there is a GOD...or that there are gods.

I am merely asking how you KNOW there are none.

ANOTHER HINT: You do not know...you are merely guessing.

And you ought to consider not giving lectures on logic, Jane...because your "logic" is abysmal.
0 Replies