izzythepush

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:04 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
They're all very mainstream. For example Punk is limited to the Sex Pistols and the Clash, which implies that if it were three bands you'd include the Stranglers, or four the Buzzcocks.

Compare that to a genuine eclectic music fan Hingehead who can give you chapter and verse on bands you've never heard of, not just top 20 stuff.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:11 am
@izzythepush,
...oh yes I am not a "connaisseur" of numerous nonmainstream bands by any means you got that right...I don't collect band names for show off, I have other hobbies I am deeply engaged with also...but I give you my word for what its worth for you I got good hears...I have taught interpretation of piano to professional piano players that were my friends and I can't read a score...my wife takes advice from me to. The sort of why a ritardando here not there...allegro man non-tropo...nuance is the name of the game.
Now believe what you want! Have a good day Izzy!
izzythepush

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't show off, I like good music, not bubblegum crap produced by paedophiles.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:23 am
@izzythepush,
Oh God you are so "emotional"...it's not worth it! And I don't want to fight debate you...yes if he was a pedophile he is a sick monster!
izzythepush

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
He was, watch the documentary.

If you're not going to get emotional about the abuse of children what are you going to get emotional about?
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:33 am
@izzythepush,
If you want to test me, and I am challenging you, give me some choices between A and A++ on all styles to make it hard, and I promise you I will get it right!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:37 am
@izzythepush,
I've seen it and I am not convinced...I am very careful when it gets to making accusations to public figures for obvious reasons...in any case, if true it is horrid!
...oh and by not being emotional I mean to separate the man from his talent!
yes MJ is loud, mainstream, extremely visual, and very produced...and again to avoid the cliché that doesn't mean nor equates to necessarily bad!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:43 am
@izzythepush,
Let me ask you a question do you like Maria Callas? I think she was really bad...
...on the other hand, Cecilia Bartoli is good!
izzythepush

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't like opera. The kid likes it, but I never have, that, country and western and folk are the three genres I don't get on with.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 07:49 am
@izzythepush,
..oh common Country is fun and simple!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
...for instance Claudio Arrau instead of a perfect Chinese technician...

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 28 Sep, 2019 08:21 am
As I said I don't like Opera either but I can tell the difference between Maria Callas explosive loudness and Cecilia Bartoli nuanced approach!

Olivier5

Mon 30 Sep, 2019 02:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Bach is okay, often a bit brainy but his mind wanders in interesting places. Maybe you would like his most lyrical work, like the cantatas.

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 30 Sep, 2019 05:42 pm
@Olivier5,
From Mozart, I like some bits of the Requiem tho I don't know a tenth of his extensive almost 1000 compositions...
Same from Bach (for many he is the best of them all)...indeed I like the cantatas and 1 or 2 "classics" like Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring...
Obviously is hard to dislike everything about composers that did extensive work and marked a place in the history of music.
When I say I don't like X or Y composer I mean on average, and I am very upfront about it...no tabu about disliking great composers for me.
I am also very upfront about pseudo-intellectual chronic clichés against commercial music. There is a place for tacos and beer and a place for Champagne and caviare...if it is good, it is good, simple or complex, there is always some space left for a bit of everything.
Thank you for that link!
Olivier5

Tue 1 Oct, 2019 12:41 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Totally agree; don't like Mozart much either, and you might remember how much I enjoy popular love songs à la Cabrel.

Some posters get a kick out of putting down others. Nothing new here.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 05:06 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Bartoli's expression and performance evokes the same feeling as a great ATV ride.
You can even see the anticipation before she starts.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 07:09 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Ive always wondered about what folks feel about the works of Vivaldi? He gets little credits as to influencing many of the greats.
Im a Vivaldi nut along with J Strauss. (ever since I watched 2001 when I was a kid, Ive been hooked).

I like to search out less known examples of Mozart from the K list and seek a performance out with help from Alexa. Its really great for painting when you have a wee leaning to synesthesia.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 07:10 am
@Olivier5,
If you like Jazz how can you feel dispassionate about the Bachs??
0 Replies

Carljohnson5467

Fri 22 Nov, 2019 09:04 am
What is love baby dont hurt me no more Very Happy.
0 Replies

Estevan Correia

Sat 23 Nov, 2019 09:59 am
Love encompasses a range of strong and positive emotional and mental states, from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection and to the simplest pleasure.
0 Replies