JoanneDorel

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 01:29 pm
What ever love is everyone seems to want it in all of it's forms.
0 Replies

Dux

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 06:47 pm
JoanneDorel wrote:
What ever love is everyone seems to want it in all of it's forms.

Not everyone wants it in all of it's forms, the only way I want it is in the way I have it, in my selfish love for myself, I have no need or want for other type of love(my opinion:which all are false or come from sharing part of the love for yourself)

I have to partially contradict trixabell, not all kinds of love are fear, your love for yourself is not fear, it's security & apreciation for what one is.

Smile
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 10:13 pm
Sorry Dux; but that's not a description of love; but of the absense of love.
0 Replies

Eva

Mon 7 Jul, 2003 11:27 pm
Dux, it sounds as though you haven't had much luck in the "love" department. I am so sorry. To experience deep love in any form...platonic, paternal/maternal, romantic, spiritual, sexual...is the best reason for living that I know. It has the power to make us better human beings. Please don't give up on finding it.
0 Replies

Dux

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 01:20 am
Eva wrote:
Dux, it sounds as though you haven't had much luck in the "love" department. I am so sorry. To experience deep love in any form...platonic, paternal/maternal, romantic, spiritual, sexual...is the best reason for living that I know. It has the power to make us better human beings. Please don't give up on finding it.

Had what you can call few experience of that "department", they were not bad, but I couldn't share myself with them, & ended those experiences, it's not bad luck it's just that the concept of love for others doesn't fit in my head.

I can't believe in love for others, I'm too selfish for that, I can only feel sympathy for them, my concept of love is about the kind of love I feel, not the one society has.

Just a couple of more points about the concept of love:

1.- Nietszche once said "Love is beyond good & evil". He was right, it is beyond good & evil, you can't classify it.

2.- He also said "Love makes the best hidden qualities of the one who loves come out, what in him/her that it's exceptional & rare. In this sense, it deceives easily what in him/her is usual". In that case does it makes people better, or worse, since they are deceiving somebody.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 04:11 am
Love is greed.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:08 am
Love spelled backwards is Evol (sic)
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 01:06 pm
Dux, love isn't just a concept - it's also real. That you deny it is evidence that you're in an unfortunate situation caused by trying to rationalize what is seemingly irrational.

Self-love is only one manifestation, and it's not the same as self interest (which is a base animal instinct).

BTW, I wouldn't take anything Nietzsche wrote too seriously...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 01:11 pm
i would take anything Nietzsche wrote seriously, if i understood it.
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 01:15 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Tue 8 Jul, 2003 05:28 pm
Dux; I find it interesting that you get deeper, and deeper into your own feelings, as we discuss these important topics, in your ivory tower; and, before we notice, you are suddenly taking flight!
0 Replies

John Galt

Sun 13 Jul, 2003 07:37 pm
Love
Simply stated, Love is admiration. One will love that person that most embodies their own sense of life and deeply held values.
0 Replies

blubomber

Mon 14 Jul, 2003 12:56 pm
Are we talking about the love between two humans or the love between a person and their favorite food? Also, what about being "in love"? What is the difference between loving a person and being "in love" with that person. Can one be "in love" with God?

Just thought i would throw those questions out there. Love is a confusing subject personally. It is hard for me to think that one day some one can tell their partner they love them, then the next day, leaving there partner because they love someone else. That in a way tells me love may be a physical response based on instinct. Maybe love attaches use to another through our ancient instinct to find the best possible match to ourselves to ensure our genes will survive. So that might explain how we can quickly love another. Confused
0 Replies

kuvasz

Thu 17 Jul, 2003 09:14 pm
for $1,000 a night i will show you what love is.

i dont come cheap, or often.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:23 am
Well, Kuv...: that lowered the level a wee bit!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Fri 18 Jul, 2003 02:03 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
Well, Kuv...: that lowered the level a wee bit!

well then, as one of my ole' galfriends would say, "let's bring it up a little."

thus,

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

sonnet 116 the bard
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 18 Jul, 2003 02:24 pm
Richard Lovelace:

When love with unconfined wings
Hovers within my gates,
And my divine Althea brings
To whisper at the grates;
When I lie tangled in her hair,
And fettered to her eye,
The birds that wanton in the air
Know no such liberty.

When flowing cups run swiftly round
With no allaying Thames,
Our careless heads with roses bound,
Our hearts with loyal flames;
When thirsty grief in wine we steep,
When healths and draughts go free,
Fishes that tipple in the deep
Know no such liberty.

When, like committed linnets, I
With shriller throat shall sing
The sweetness, mercy, majesty,
And glories of my King;
When I shall voice aloud how good

He is, how great should be,
Enlarged winds that curl the flood
Know no such liberty.

Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone, that soar above,
Enjoy such liberty.

I'm sorry, but i just can't buy that crap. Love is a form of madness which infects men with the desire to surrender their wallets and their freedom to a woman who has what he wants and will not give it to him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 18 Jul, 2003 04:42 pm
s
well, that's flattering.
0 Replies

blubomber

Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:00 pm
i belive that real love is possible but not for everyone. It all depends on the environment you grew up in and the life experiences you had when you left home to live on your own.

Example, if a boy grows up in a home where his father abuses his mother, then he may only see women as a punching bag or something to take your anger out on. I dont think that boy would ever really feel "love" for a woman. The reverse can be the same. A girl sees her mom getting abused, mentaly and/or physicaly, and sees that as how a woman is to be treated and has a distroted view of Love.

On the other hand, if a son or daughter grows up in an environment with the parents showing alot of affection and respect for their spouse, then it is a good chance that the child will have the same experience with love as an adult. But even in that situation, as an adult, one can have a bad relationship and thus changing their views on what love is.

It has been said that love is a fragile and rare gift and i tend to agree with that. I know what i posted before, doubting love as maybe just a chemical reaction, but that may have been a bad day for me. Love, to me, is a mutual respect between two partners, physical attraction between the two, and a good sexual relationship. Communication is also another big one that is necessary for a loving relationship. So, if you have had a bad experience, dont judge a sex by your experience with just one example. 2 Cents
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:20 pm
Damn, that darn girl is ever where . . . busted again . . .
0 Replies