Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 06:29 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

I know that God is a fictitious character because he/she is non-existent.

I agree with you, in essence, but your reasoning here is very circular.

Ya don't get more circular than the reasoning Jane is using, Roger. In fact, it is an insult to call it reasoning.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 08:26 pm
My goodness Frank, you have declined beyond reasonable doubts.

There is no God - singular or plural, period. You prove to me there is, then we can continue, otherwise I won't waste my time with you, no matter how bold or large your print is, you're just a nutcase!
Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:02 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

My goodness Frank, you have declined beyond reasonable doubts.

I have no idea of what you almost said in that sentence.

Quote:
There is no God - singular or plural, period.

Really?

And you know that how? (Same question as before.)

Quote:
You prove to me there is, then we can continue...

Why would I try to do that? I have no idea if there is a GOD; if there are gods; or if there are no gods.

I am simply trying to find out why you are so sure there are none.

Continue or do not continue as you see fit.

Quote:
...otherwise I won't waste my time with you, no matter how bold or large your print is, you're just a nutcase!

If you feel it is necessary to call me a nutcase...do so. It says more about the kind of person you are than about the kind of person I am.

And if you do not want to "waste your time" with me...stop doing so rather than just saying you are going to stop.
0 Replies

timur

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 06:25 am

Frank wrote:
Timur wrote:
Then let me ask you a question: do you really think this god, source of love, really exists?

Please, not the blind guess crap, just the question about the loving god.

Are you asking me?

If so, Timur...have the respect to at least address the question to me.

Is it the only way you found to avoid replying the question?

JLNobody

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 12:22 pm
@timur,
It appears that love is deep appreciation and hate is deep depreciation.
timur

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 02:03 pm
@JLNobody,
I'm inclined to partake that opinion.

But how god comes in the equation?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:02 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
Timur wrote:
Then let me ask you a question: do you really think this god, source of love, really exists?

Please, not the blind guess crap, just the question about the loving god.

Are you asking me?

If so, Timur...have the respect to at least address the question to me.

Is it the only way you found to avoid replying the question?

Not at all. In fact, I had the balls to address a question about your post to you...which is more than you did. If I wanted to avoid it, I would simply have ignored it. I did not want to ignore it...just wanted to let you know that I thought you were a coward for not addressing your question to me.

Anyway...about the question: "Then let me ask you a question: do you really think this god, source of love, really exists?"

RESPONSE: I have no idea if any gods exist...and if any do, I have no idea of what qualities they might have. I freely acknowledge that if gods exist, they might be much more complicated to understand than I am able to do.

How about you, Timur?
0 Replies

timur

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:17 pm
First you are a clown for addressing the fact that I didn't quote the way you do.

As I wrote immediately after you, with a directly related question, you have to be quite dumb not to see that the question was directed at you.

As for you calling me a coward, verbal violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

I think you are a poor old guy, whose senility is showing a lot more everyday and becoming bitter.

You are not man enough to have convictions and assume original stances.

All you keep saying is "blind guesses" or "I don't know".

Get a grip, man!

Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:29 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

First you are a clown for addressing the fact that I didn't quote the way you do.

As I wrote immediately after you, with a directly related question, you have to be quite dumb not to see that the question was directed at you.

As for you calling me a coward, verbal violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

I think you are a poor old guy, whose senility is showing a lot more everyday and becoming bitter.

You are not man enough to have convictions and assume original stances.

All you keep saying is "blind guesses" or "I don't know".

Get a grip, man!

Get a grip yourself, Timur. You are the one who sounds out of sorts...and out of control.

My comments were right on the button.

0 Replies

timur

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:33 pm
Well, right on the button, hum?

God being a source of love?

Poor guy!
ossobuco

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:53 pm
@timur,
Frank has said the same thing about not knowing about a god or gods for at least eleven years, many hundreds of times. Or maybe that has been thousands.

I like the man, but, to me, he is hugely repetitive and yells in type to get his way more forcefully. I assume he has digs at me, if so requested.

In contrast - but not to contrast them - to JLNobody, a guy I always listen to, even in the odd times we've argued on this and that, usually sharing about art.
I'm not sure we ever argued, just discussed. We have differed but hear.

I was interested in the takes on love in the earlier part of the thread, quite enjoyable at the least. Also what (who pointed it out, edgar?) Cicero said. Oddly somewhat like Aquinas, who showed up later.

I'm odd in that I tend to take philosophy as foo foo, but sometimes I listen.
Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:56 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Well, right on the button, hum?

God being a source of love?

Poor guy!

I did not say that.

Don't have the guts to deal with what I actually said, huh?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 03:57 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Frank has said the same thing about not knowing about a god or gods for at least eleven years, many hundreds of times. Or maybe that has been thousands.

I like the man, but, to me, he is hugely repetitive and yells in type to get his way more forcefully. I assume he has digs at me, if so requested.

In contrast - but not to contrast them - to JLNobody, a guy I always listen to, even in the odd times we've argued on this and that, usually sharing about art.
I'm not sure we ever argued, just discussed. We have differed but hear.

I was interested in the takes on love in the earlier part of the thread, quite enjoyable at the least. Also what (who pointed it out, edgar?) Cicero said. Oddly somewhat like Aquinas, who showed up later.

I'm odd in that I tend to take philosophy as foo foo, but sometimes I listen.

I am not yelling, Ossbuco. I have told you that. Other posters have used bold to make their comments distinctive...and I am doing so.
ossobuco

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 04:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Screamer.
Glennn

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 04:03 pm
I think that love is an attitude which is based on the knowledge of one's connection to all.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Screamer.

No, Ossobuco...I am not screaming.

But if it makes your life worth living...pretend I am.
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:20 pm
Suppose you're walking through the woods and you come across a live fly trapped in a spider's web, and the spider is moving in on the fly. You want to do the loving thing. So, do you:

A . Carefully remove the fly from the spider's web, doing your best to not damage the fly or the web?

B. Carefully remove the fly from the spider's web without giving a damn about the web?

C. Leave the fly in the web, but snap its neck before the spider gets to it, to save the fly any unnecessary suffering?

D. Look around on the ground for a dead bug of some kind (at least as big as a fly). Then free the fly and replace him with the dead bug?

E. Kill the spider and hang him by the neck from his own web as a warning to other spiders who might have designs on setting up shop in this area of woods, and then release the fly?

F. Kill both the fly and the spider, and then destroy the web, thus putting an end to this nightmare?

G. Set fire to the woods to put a stop to all such future nonsense?

Of course, the answer is none of the above. The answer is to just keep walking.

JLNobody

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 01:00 pm
@Glennn,
Very good. You accept reality as it presents itself.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 03:07 pm
Il n'y a pas d'amour; il n'y a que des preuves d'amour.
(there is no such thing as love; there are only proofs of love)
French proverb
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 05:44 pm
Lets see what some past famous dudes said about love

Napoleon: Une histoire de canapé.

Haveloc Ellis: Tumescence and detumescence.

Amalia Guglielminetti: The human necessity that resembles hunger the most.

Chamfort: The interchange of two fantasies and the contact between two epidermis.

Ferrante Alvaro de Torres Love is a dream, and we must not believe in dreams.

Alexander Dumas, fils : I was bored, here was the beginning... she bored me, here was the end.

0 Replies