Is this board anti-muslim?

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:32 pm
Thank you for your thoughts, Setanta
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:38 pm
So, someone died, and left you the host of this thread?

I don't comment in threads to gratify you, or anyone else.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:41 pm
BOOYA! Very well said Setanta. Though I haven't been here but a short little stint, I agree with what you are saying.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:51 pm
I'm continually surprised by other people's surprise at the criticism of religion at this site. This is an American site, for all that it has an international clientele. The issue of religion in America in the 21st century is, as it was and was described as in England in the 17th century, a "vexed question." Many people were already disgusted with or alarmed by christian fundamentalists before the tragedy on the morning of the eleventh of September, 2001. Since that time, the forces of irrational hatred have focused increasingly on Islam, and have had a fair field to openly excoriate Muslims in a manner which would have been unacceptable in, for example, describing Jews just a few years ago. Certain Christians in America have made themselves so obnoxious to the rest of the population, that the topic of religion in general has become a "vexed question."

This is not necessarily so in other places in the world. There are a couple of boards i visit in Asia, one in Japan, the other in Singapore. The topic of religion just never comes up. The other board i most often frequent is in Ireland--there, the topic of religion only comes up in the context of memories of a Catholic childhood, or what bloody twits some parents are that they make such a big deal of Catholic ritual (first communion and confirmation) when they don't give a rat's ass about the Church the rest of the year. "Philosophical" discussions of religion just don't get off the ground there. Anyone attempting to start such a discussion there is either ignored (the most likely response) or is laughed to ridicule.

Circumstances are such that religion is an engrossing topic for Americans. And nothing, absolutely nothing, is sacred to all Americans at all times.

Folks who come here need to keep that in mind, and get over it. If the heat in the S & R kitchen is too great for them, they need to find a more congenial venue to discuss their favorite delusions.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:01 pm
Setanta wrote:
So, someone died, and left you the host of this thread?

I don't comment in threads to gratify you, or anyone else.

Then please do not quote my post in order to make a comment that has nothing to do with my post, apparently. Then I won't have to make a reply thanking you for it. You are most unappreciative.

I can see that you are in no better humour today than most days. You really should try to put some sunshine into your life.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:03 pm
Or some fiber in his diet...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:04 pm
Well, I understand that he had to cook shepherd's pie the other night.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:11 pm
In resonse to the typical idiocy of two of the most obsessively hateful christians at this site--i get plenty of sunshine and fiber, and enjoy a serene and pleasant existence.

As for your particular whining, Intrepid, once you put it out there in "cyber-space," it's not longer your exclusive property. I quote you because, as is usually the case, you demonstrated the ability to see only a part of the situation, ignoring that which is not consonant with your favorite supersition. What my comment had to do with your post was to point out the many things your post ignored.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:13 pm
Yup - sounds serene and pleasant from here.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:14 pm
Setanta sees anything that he does not agree with or that is beyond his comprehension as hateful. Pity, really. Perhaps he is drowning in serenity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:15 pm
It does not surprise me that you are unable to understand that your warped and obsessively hateful view of me bears no relationship to the reality of my life--it is, in fact, just what i would expect from someone so dedicated to self-delusion.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:15 pm
I don't think it's that complicated. He just hates folks who don't kiss his ass.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:16 pm
You're so silly . . . i don't hate you . . . you're not that important to me . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:17 pm
We don't hate you Setanta. We really don't. We love you. And, God loves you. Yes, he does.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:20 pm
Of course, as i have no reason to believe that your imaginary friend exists, i also have no reason to believe that "he" loves me.

As for your reaction, you and Snit have time and again followed me around this site looking for opportunities to make snide remarks. That is a hateful and childish activity.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
Of course, as i have no reason to believe that your imaginary friend exists, i also have no reason to believe that "he" loves me.

As for your reaction, you and Snit have time and again followed me around this site looking for opportunities to make snide remarks. That is a hateful and childish activity.

Um, err, may I remind you, Sir that nobody followed you around. YOU replied to MY post. Are you following me? Are you confused?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
Perplexed,
I as sorry that your thread is getting derailed. I will not contribute to the derailment any longer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
How very virtuous of you. I did not state that this thread is an example of you and Snit following me around--i just pointed out that both of you have done so in the past.

I didn't "respond" to your post. I commented on it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:29 pm
I see Setanta is being the little ray of sunshine we've all come to expect. Such a delight.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 01:42 pm
Laughing

Yeah, he's a fun guy.
0 Replies