Bush's Approval rating at 34% and Cheney at 18%...NBC poll

mysteryman

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 04:15 am
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Yes, MM, but it does mean something. Something that you may not reali1ze but a lot of republicans are right now. When you run your administration totally from the political wing and no policy it comes around and bites you in the butt. Bush will have no coat tails and they know it.

I agree.
But,as far as Bush himself is concerned,in terms of his political career,the numbers mean nothing.

Quote:
God help the Republicans if they lose either house. It will be orange jump-suit fitting time.

How do you figure?
Even if the repubs lose one house,it still takes both.
REmember,the House impeaches,and the Senate Convicts.

So,if the repubs lose the house,and the new house does impeach Bush,there is no gaurantee that the Senate will convict him.
If the repubs lose the Senate,then what gaurantee is there that the house will impeach?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 04:59 am
bm
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:06 am
mysteryman wrote:
I hate to say this,but since Bush isnt running for re-election,the numbers mean nothing.

you love saying it....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:24 am
Mysteryman, you are missing the point. Bush is nothing now-- I don't want him impeached. I like him right where he is; his sorry butt front and center, tragically highlighting the failures of neo-cons who lusted after power, and then shot their friends when they got it.

The orange jumpsuit comment means (to me at least) the power to investigate. It means the Republican misdeeds that are being covered up, can be brought to light with subpoena powers.

It means a full investigation of Corruption, Governmental spying on Americans, and Guantanamo abuses. All of these things are being impeded by the current one-party lock on government (which is looking a bit tenuous now).

I am angry at where this current administration and Congress are taking my country, and I will find some comfort see them held accountable.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:29 am
well put ebrown.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 08:22 am
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 08:29 am
oh c'mon... we still have some tax money to spend.... so far my handicapped son has only had SOME of his benefits cut out from under him..... we can do better....
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 08:49 am
All it takes is full scale investigations in one house of congress. The Administration and the other house can try to ignore it but the media and the public won't.

If one house of congress not only finds crimes but details those crimes in such a way that they can't be denied there will be hell to pay for anyone that ignores them. (That means a GOP controlled house or Senate would be required to follow suit in order to defend any chance they have for reelection. 30% that will follow Bush anywhere doesn't get you reelected.)

That 30% is starting to look questionable now too. Can Bush break the 30% barrier in his polling numbers? We can only wait and see.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 08:55 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Mysteryman, you are missing the point. Bush is nothing now-- I don't want him impeached. I like him right where he is; his sorry butt front and center, tragically highlighting the failures of neo-cons who lusted after power, and then shot their friends when they got it.

The orange jumpsuit comment means (to me at least) the power to investigate. It means the Republican misdeeds that are being covered up, can be brought to light with subpoena powers.

It means a full investigation of Corruption, Governmental spying on Americans, and Guantanamo abuses. All of these things are being impeded by the current one-party lock on government (which is looking a bit tenuous now).

I am angry at where this current administration and Congress are taking my country, and I will find some comfort see them held accountable.

Thanks for splainin it to him.

BTW I don't want to go through an impeachment either especially when we will be rid of this crowd in 2008.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:06 am
VN - Good to see you!

Bush at 34% and Cheney at 18%. It gives me some comfort just to know people are waking up and paying some attention.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:28 am
Bush has to face the fact that what it appears to be is only hardcore conservatives who are supporting him, a distinct minority considering the moderates and liberals in the country. What happened to his profiling as a "compassionate conservative?" Katrina and Iraq put the kabosh on that notion. Trying to make anyone believe Bush has no concern over his legacy is whistlin' in the dark. It's only going to drop him into the bottom third of rated U.S. presidents. Get ready to join such company as Hoover and Nixon, Mr. Bush.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:40 am
mysteryman wrote:
I hate to say this,but since Bush isnt running for re-election,the numbers mean nothing.

I disagree. I think that there will be an impact on the gubernatioral and senatorial elections in 2006, and the presidential election in 2008.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 09:42 am
That whistlin' in the dark is getting progressively louder. Plates of crow may be also in order.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:37 pm
Historically, a weak President = big losses in the mid-terms. It looks like there is a good chance the Dems will regain the Senate. (at least)
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 03:25 am
Why GWB is in trouble is that he never wanted to be President but only to dress up as one.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:06 am
I was pretty bad at guessing the last election.

So I am going to say that Bush's low approval numbers will have absolutely no effect on the midterm elections. In fact this prognosticating will backfire and the Republicans will not only hold both houses of Congress... but will actually gain seats.

<<ebrown crosses fingers>>
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:26 am
On the contrary, Bush had the lust to become President but it didn't manifest itself in sex with an intern. It manifested itself in a gluttony for war and an ignorance of domestic needs. Lousiana still lies in waste without much evidence of any restoration.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:28 am
(He can try and rebuild a foreign country in an attempt to atone for attacking them but he doesn't seem to be able to come to bat on a domestic disaster).
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 11:05 am
Lightwizard wrote:
On the contrary, Bush had the lust to become President but it didn't manifest itself in sex with an intern. It manifested itself in a gluttony for war and an ignorance of domestic needs. Lousiana still lies in waste without much evidence of any restoration.

I disagree. I believe that not only did Bush not lust to become President, he really had no great deisre to be Predident. I believe he was more or less chosen to run by the neo-cons and to have Cheney run things while Bush simply fills the firgurehead role. If Cheney had been electeable, he would have been the chosen one by the neo-con cabal.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 11:12 am
Despite the shrub's poor communication problems, it doesn't take much cognitive perception to figure out he wanted to be President. Of course, he's the candidate the neo-cons believed could win and he was obviously quite aware of that, spouting out Rove's "compassionate conservative" smoke screen among other high profile clues. To believe he had no desire to be President is a perculiarly mishapen opinion.
0 Replies