How should I act?

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:00 pm
Well I jsut read over this post and here's what I see...

First I think Zona's got those good intentions, but he's a bit too hasty. Not in a vulgar, disrespectful way, but the exact opposite.

Zona is trying real hard to prove to her his character, but I think at this point she just seems them as freinds (they just might right?)

He should take things one step at a time and see if anythign amterializes and then see where he's at.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:08 pm
ZonaGrapeade wrote:
hey i heard that!

Very Happy You're all right Zona.....

I don't care what everyone else says..... Cool

Hey, why don't you come hang out on some of the other threads? You've only got 14 posts, that means you're not giving others a chance to get to know you!
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:20 pm
Yeh Zona! I want to see you in the philosophy room, that's where I started, and I got lambasted most every time I posted, but I did get broken in and now this place is like home.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:25 pm
oh yeah Zona....forgot to tell you to wear a safety helmet....

remember 2 things

when a bunch of people start making fun of you all at the same time....they like you. (well ususally, unless you're being a tool)

it is a great training ground for accepting that not everyone thinks like you.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 09:06 pm
Yes, but whatever you do, don't be afraid to say what you want. There's 2 reasons for this:

1. It's the internet, and it really doesn't matter. If some stranger doesn't like what you have to say.

2. This site is so big and there are so many different views here that someone is bound to agree with you, so don't give up on whatever you say......that is unless it's a rap battle polluting the Original Writing Forum, of course.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 03:02 pm
How should I act?
Quote:

CarbonSystem wrote:
Yes, but whatever you do, don't be afraid to say what you want. There's 2 reasons for this:

1. It's the internet, and it really doesn't matter. If some stranger doesn't like what you have to say.

It does matter what we say. There are real people, with real feelings behind those avatars. Of course, anyone with common sense knows that no one can be perfect. Mistakes are bound to be made. But it's wrong to not apologize in some way, either directly or indirectly when we do err.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 07:35 pm
I think you may have missed the point of what I was telling Zona.

I was saying that he shouldn't get real upset if people jump all over him for what he says (ex. in the politics forum or the philosophy and debate forum).

I definitly wasn't advocating degrading people because it's over the internet. I'm thinking you missed the whole point.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:26 pm
How should I act?
CarbonSystem, please don't think that I was contesting you, because I wasn't. I understood what you really meant. But there are some posters I've seen who have bullied others in a debate, and have rationalized that "it's only the Internet".

In case they were to read your reply and misinterpret it (which happens more commonly than you might think), I chose to clearly point out this matter for their benefit, not yours or ZonaGrapeade's.

I hope that clears it up. Smile
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 01:46 pm
Yep, it clears it up, my mistake.
0 Replies

ZonaGrapeade

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:11 pm
Sooooo I'm going to give a litte update.

Well it turns out she wasn't avoiding me and I didn't screw up too bad, we hung out a couple times and were supposed to tomorrow.

I think the turning point was when I said to myself "with this one, I wanna take it slow, I'm sick of hurrying"

Then it all seemed easier.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:15 pm
Wow - I think A2K should open a matchmaking service!
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:29 pm
I agree, we could hook everyone up.
0 Replies