How should I act?

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:39 pm
Alright I'm 17 and I've just started talkin to this girl. She seems like she might possibly be interested in me, but I can't be sure. Were hanging out in 2 days, how should I act?

Should I act like there is nothing at all, should I flirt, what should I do?
I'm bad at flirting.

And she's a model.

Crap.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,193 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:42 pm
Just be polite, treat her with respect and be yourself. It's too early to know how either of you really feel.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:43 pm
"Hanging out" as in a date?

Just be yourself and observe her. If she's interested,
she'll give you enough signs.
0 Replies

ZonaGrapeade

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Just be polite, treat her with respect and be yourself. It's too early to know how either of you really feel.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Is it true that girls never want the nice guys? It seems that way and it's stupid. Not at this age at least.
0 Replies

ZonaGrapeade

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:46 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
"Hanging out" as in a date?

Just be yourself and observe her. If she's interested,
she'll give you enough signs.

Yeah hanging out does kind of count as a date, but an informal one.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:47 pm
If a woman doesn't respect herself enough to want a nice guy - you don't want her.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:50 pm
No, that isn't true. They only want nice guys when you come on as Charley Animal. Otherwise, they want someone exciting, interesting, and a bit dangerous.

In other words, Zona, we lose everytime. Oh, if she wants you to flirt, I'm sure you'll know.

Respect; not reverence.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:52 pm
HAH! We cross posted, Green Witch, but what an interesting juxtaposition of question and answer.
0 Replies

ZonaGrapeade

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:57 pm
It's nearly impossible to find a self-respecting girl in high school.
0 Replies

ZonaGrapeade

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:26 pm
I also have another question, were going bowling in a couple of days, should I pay for her? There's no one else going I don't think.
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:42 pm
I wouldnt pay for her , she might take advantage of it at this stage .

Also , be yourself , if you try hard to be something else , youll firstly look like an idiot pretending and secondly , she will figure you out over time and youll get that " youve changed " line . Also , if you try to be someone else to fit into her group , you wont feel comfortable going out with her friends with the tought of keeping up with them and what they do .

Believe me , better crying over it now for a few days before you hook her and cry for weeks after when she breaks up with you cause your not her type . Anyway , this is on the situation that she likes the bad boys .

I think these days girls dont mind the nice guy personally but i think ive stepped the boundary of age to really know what the teens are thinking so these comments may be totally useless to you .

Good luck .
0 Replies

ZonaGrapeade

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:03 am
Thanks man, I think maybe I come on too strong too early. Not really that strong, just too early. For instance, I was thinking I wanted to put my arm around her or hold her hand and it'll only be the second time hanging out.

My freind told me that was a real bad idea because she'd get freaked/creeped/weirded out and think I'm a stalker or something crazy like that.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:06 am
Did you call her and ask her to go bowling? If so, then I think you should offer to pay.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:12 pm
Yep, whoever asks, pays.

Unless you both agreed to pay your own way up front.

Bringing it up later, though, is very tacky.
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:05 pm
I just believe that paing too early in the piece may show over interest .

I reckon give it a few more dates still cause if you end up getting serious youll be paying for the rest of your life ... hehe .

How old is she .
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:07 pm
Sorry , just to reply to that as well , buy her drink or food instead as thats sort of more casual in the sense of " im gonna get a drink or a hot dog , you want 1 , my shout " .

Shows your not a tightass but also shows your not too eager .
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:20 pm
NO NO NO NO NO onthequiet!

Zona should pay for the bowling!

Zona, here's how to do it so that she's impressed with your gentelmanliness.....

When you get the to cashier, simply say to her as you take out your wallet....

"I'll take care of this...my treat" and put your money down.

Don't be worrying yet that she's going to "take advantage of you" It's WAY to early for that.

It's bowling and a soda....and you are interested....this is the way a gentlemen tells the lady he finds her company special. Not by the money per se, but by treating her special.

She may object (a little) but believe me, inside she will be flattered.

If she's gives the "oh no, I'll pay for myself" bit, just say

"Really, it's MY pleasure".
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

If she's gives the "oh no, I'll pay for myself" bit, just say

"Really, it's MY pleasure".

And if she really insists, say "Maybe you can pick it up next time." and open the door to another date. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:26 pm
Zona - don't let my avatar fool you....I'm a woman.

So are J_B and Eva....

It would be my opinion you should back on the opinion of women wise in the ways of romance rather than you friend you thinks you'd be acting like a stalker, or actually (no offense to you personally on the quiet) someone who thinks thinks it's suave to say

im gonna get a drink or a hot dog , you want 1 , my shout " .

tack-o-rama....

she's NOT one of the boys. Don't be aggressive, but don't treat her like a guy.
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:33 pm
hehe ... put me in my place why dont ya chai Embarrassed ... lol , only joking .

ZG , im a bloke so maybee the womans idea of thinking should be the way to go here , unfortunately we will never work out how their minds work ... i mean that in no disrespect ... lol .

All good . :wink:
0 Replies