HELP Heeeeeelp!!! I'm auditioning for a musical tomorrow!!!

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:52 pm
ooooooh, i can't decide. littlek votes for the Black Boys Are Delicious -- she thinks they might find it hilarious. IF I could swing it right.... Frank Mills is perfect because it allows for many facial expressions and gestures, so you come across as an actor and a singer at the same....
czech would be interesting and captivating...potentially.... i don't have a preference right now.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:52 pm
I have to vote for Black Boys too. I just feel it from when you first posted about it, and now you are overthinking it. Just go out there and slay them. Confidence, girl !
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:54 pm
hmmm, there might be something to that, lion. i CAN put on a show if and when i have confidence in myself. and what have i to lose? if i make a fool out of myself, i'll never have to see them again. AND it gives me something to blog about!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:58 pm
She played them.... and did some arm and hand gestures.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:07 pm
...black boys? really?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:09 pm
I dunno. I can see you doing the other one, too. What it boils down to (hearing Hari Krishna from HAIR! in the background) is what you feel comfy doing. You'll be nervous enough as it is.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:14 pm
right. back to the czech one then. comfortable - as in, i can do that one in my dream, and the other two i can do well only when i'm alone and can concentrate fully.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:18 pm
Don't be afraid to push yourself Dag...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:20 pm
oooh, lion, you're the snake wrapped around the apple tree....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:21 pm
Oh, my. You need to start developing that onstage persona, then. You just have to leave the one that needs to concentrate at the door. Actors do it; so do salesmen and bill collectors. They can all seem perfectly normal, till the get onstage, on the phone, or whatever. It's almost like split personalities.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:21 pm
Listen to the man in the fez.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:23 pm
i AM that, roger. just out of shape, i guess.

i am a shy, introverted person, i would say. but put me in front of the classroom, or on a stage, and i can go.... but i haven't been on a real stage for a long time.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:23 pm
you also think the Black Boys, bethie?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:29 pm
I think given the context of what you're trying to do - a little bit of outrageous will go an appropriately long way.

You definitely wanna give 'em a little gasp or a giggle if you can.

and LTX was right, I think, about going with that initial instinct

you know what they say ... go big or go home
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:32 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

i am a shy, introverted person, i would say. but put me in front of the classroom, or on a stage, and i can go.... for a long time.

Dag, focus on your second sentence.

You can go. I've seen you do it here. Pick whatever song you like, but OWN it !
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:16 pm
Right on, Mr X!
0 Replies

Mr Penberthy

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:19 pm
Can't hurt to show a little leg either. Perhaps a soothing gypsy lullaby.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:30 pm
own a song...show some leg....got it..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:39 am
sooo, i had a dream last night, that my good pants became too small, ripped on my back and i had to break into my friend's room in some hotel to borrow a towel. i went to audition stark naked wrapped in two towels. not a bad idea, come to think of it...
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:42 am
It's like going to the Doctors Dag.

Brush your teeth and wear your best smile.

Good luck
0 Replies