Flight of Conchords

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:29 pm
I discovered them today (no TV in this household...so discoveries take time) and I'm in love.

The Humans Are Dead

Bowie's In Space

A Kiss Is Not a Contract

If You're Into It

etceteraaaa, etceteraaaa....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,450 • Replies: 13
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:34 pm
Yeehaw!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:35 pm
<snort>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:37 pm
I've just spent the last, oh,dunno, 3 - 4 hours on youtube watching FOTC clips and I never want to do nothing else. Nope.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:41 pm
Caught it by accident a few months ago... The one with "A Kiss is not a Contract" and coudn't wait to tell Cub I figured out where that song came from.

We watched it together the next night and we were both hooked. About the time I wanted to just watch it On Demand from the start, the first 6 episodes were no longer available.

Very nice. Yes, it's very nice.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:48 pm
Inner City Pressure

Ladies of the World

Prince of Parties
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:52 pm
I've just seen bits on YouTube...but it looks like you can get Season 1 on Netflix. Wooo!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:59 pm
man i saw that a few months ago! its SO FUNNY!!!!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:58 am
They are hyesterical. My husband will sit and watch them on Youtube forever as well...so goofy - and adorable...
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:19 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
In a flurry of industrious self-promotional activity, usually shy and lazy New Zealand duo Flight of the Conchords have set up a myspace page. www.myspace.com/conchords When queried, the band stated that they intend to take the same attitude with their myspace page as with their website. That is to update it quite a bit at first and then not as much, and then kind of get into it again and put a few more things on it and then just forget about it for a while and then get into it again. This is seen as a positive move for the band. The page has some gig dates and a demo of their song Foux du Fafa. The popularity of the band has already ensured the Conchords one friend even though the page has only been up a couple of days. Thanks to ‘Tom’.
In a follow up to a story from last October the Conchords have yet again been compared to Legendary British pop group ‘The Beatles’. The other day Jemaine said to Bret "Have you noticed that ‘Clement and McKenzie’ sounds a bit like ‘Lennon and Mcartney’?". Bret replied that he had noticed but was too shy to bring it up because he would sound too full of himself.

0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:27 pm
I Love FOTC as Well!

Mutha Uckers

Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros

She's So Hot - Boom
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:30 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU
hubby likes to sing - It's Business Time
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:50 pm
Just found this thread and saw "the humans are dead". Very witty. I never heard of the "flight of the conchords before, but I'm well on my way to loving them.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 11:58 am
Jemaine got hitched... sigh.
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/26955669.html
0 Replies