Probably Deliberately, Hunter Steps In Front Of Cheney's Gun

DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
The news stories have left out the part where Cheney kicks the poor sap for making him miss his shot...
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:35 pm
Probably Deliberately, Hunter Steps In Front Of Cheney's Gun
Thomas wrote:
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
now every time I hear that whistle I hang my head and cry...

You blue-staters just can't get those ancient country traditions. Totally insensitive, you libs. Go to a movie theater and watch Walk the Line.

When I was a baby, my mother would hunt rabbit on the ranch, for dinner. She kept a gun in her purse when we traveled. So did my grandmother. My grandfather kept one with him almost all the time. As an adult in the Army, I discovered that I had a natural knack for marksmanship (picture me as Goldie Hawn/Doris Day, a feminine soldier Razz ). When I lived in Houston, I kept a gun in my purse when I had to go out at night, because I worked the midnight shift, when car-jacking was the craze.

I'm very glad to say that I've never had to actually use one on a person, but there has been a time or two when it came very close, out of self-defense. My mother always told me to never pull a gun on anyone, unless I was prepared to use it. I hope that time never happens, and I doubt seriously if it ever will. But least I've been trained, in case of an emergency.

I can cook, too! :wink:

http://www.thegreenhead.com/watercooler/images/funny_cats_8.jpg

Thomas, would you mind passing the ammunition, please?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:06 pm
Re: Probably Deliberately, Hunter Steps In Front Of Cheney's
PoetSeductress wrote:
My mother always told me to never pull a gun on anyone, unless I was prepared to use it. I hope that time never happens, and I doubt seriously if it ever will. But least I've been trained, in case of an emergency.

I'm a good cook, too! :wink:

Now there's a Red State gal, neatly summed up in just four sentences! (Said the academic in Munich who isn't even American. Wink) (Nice picture, too!)
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:22 pm
Re: Probably Deliberately, Hunter Steps In Front Of Cheney's
Thomas wrote:
PoetSeductress wrote:
My mother always told me to never pull a gun on anyone, unless I was prepared to use it. I hope that time never happens, and I doubt seriously if it ever will. But least I've been trained, in case of an emergency.

I'm a good cook, too! :wink:

Now there's a Red State gal, neatly summed up in just four sentences! (Said the academic in Munich who isn't even American. Wink) (Nice picture, too!)

Why, thank you kindly, sir. I do favor my 2nd Amendment kitty. I might warn you, however, that I'm half German...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:20 pm
I think everyone knows what "going postal" means. I suggest we create a new phrase for the English language and American vernacular. It's called "going Cheney."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:24 pm
http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:41 pm
We used to sign the attendance sheets in P Chem hall with a Mike Hunt, and the good Brotjher Doctor David would call out Mikes name.

we'd sit there sniggering thee thee hee hmmph heen henh. I ws the only one who passed the course out of the comedian group. Maybe Brother Doctor David knew some **** besides his Avocado numbers.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:56 pm
Tentatively emerging from the undergrowth now that the coast is finally clear, a bunch of quails on a farm in South Texas scratch their little heads is disbelief: Stupid humans!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:01 pm
Seriously, its fortunate they were hunting quail with 9 shot, which is about as big as a medium fine sand. Had they been pheasant hunting with 6 shot, this man would be dead.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:09 pm
It's probably a good thing Cheney didn't go to VietNam ... we don't need to lose any more soldiers to "friendly fire"...

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:10 pm
msolga wrote:
Tentatively emerging from the undergrowth now that the coast is finally clear, a bunch of quails on a farm in South Texas scratch their little heads is disbelief: Stupid humans!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:11 pm
msolga wrote:

you are assuming they quit hunting after he shot the guy....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:14 pm
30 yds with #9 shot = less than standing in my front yard during a new mexico sand storm.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:19 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
msolga wrote:

you are assuming they quit hunting after he shot the guy....

Of course he wouldn't stop, bvt! Would he let a little thing like shooting a friend in the face stop him? NEVER!

But hey, this particular bunch of quail got a reprieve on this particular day! Yay!

This situation brings to mind a sticker message posted on a long-gone fridge of mine: Big guns, little d*cks!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
30 yds with #9 shot = less than standing in my front yard during a new mexico sand storm.

Maybe that how he got his deferments....couldn't shoot straight.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
woiyo wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Maybe that how he got his deferments....couldn't shoot straight.

There were plenty of useful things the sorry sonovabitch could have done which did not require accuracy with a firearm. He's no different than the rest of the scumbags at PNAC, happy to see some other poor sonovabitch die for his country . . .
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:56 pm
Pick the odd man out ...

Associated Press, 15 November 2005

Teen charged with shooting neighbor

UNION, S.C. - A Jonesville teenager has been charged with shooting and killing his neighbor with a hunting rifle. Brandon Boyea, 17, of Jonesville was charged Monday with involuntary manslaughter. According to the arrest warrant, Boyea pointed a 30-30 Winchester rifle at Christopher Todd Austin, 27. The gun fired and the bullet hit Austin near his mouth and came out the back of his head.

Boyea told deputies that he, Austin and another teenager, who was not identified by police, were out on a logging road, talking when he picked up the gun and it went off. "He handled the firearm in a criminally negligent manner, in such a reckless manner that it caused death," Union County Sheriff Howard Wells said.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/13167237.htm

Washington Post, 13 February 2006

Cheney Shoots Fellow Hunter in Texas Accident

Vice President Cheney accidentally sprayed a companion with birdshot while hunting quail on a private Texas ranch, injuring the man in the face, neck and chest, the vice president's office confirmed yesterday after a Texas newspaper reported the incident.

The shooting occurred late Saturday afternoon while Cheney was hunting with Harry Whittington, 78, a prominent Austin lawyer, on the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas. Hearing a covey of birds, Cheney shot at one, not realizing that Whittington had startled the quail and that he was in the line of fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/12/AR2006021200524.html
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:00 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Pick the odd man out ...

I'm guessing it's the dead guy....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:13 pm
One of these things is not like the other
One of these things is not the same
If you pick out the thing thats not like the others
Then you will have won this game

THE DEAD GUY!!! YAY WE WIN
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:21 pm
I guess this all means that Cheney can no longer go to Cabinet meetings if he's packin'.

Or maybe now he can ....

Mr. Vice President, there are no animals in the East Room.
0 Replies