Have you ever seen "Lost"?

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:15 pm
but that's a sole highlight of my entire week Crying or Very sad i object.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:19 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Quote:
The fourth season of the U.S. serial drama television series Lost began airing on Thursday, January 31, 2008.[2] With the season originally planned to contain sixteen episodes, eight were filmed before the start of the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike. Since the resolution of the strike, the network and producers of the series have confirmed that only five of the expected eight episodes will be produced to complete the season.[1] Lindelof and Cuse intend to "condense what were supposed to be the season's final eight episodes into what Lindelof calls a 'lean, mean' five."[3] The last of the initial eight episodes aired on March 20; a five-week hiatus will precede the other five episodes, set to air from April 24 through a season finale on May 22.

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:43 pm
FIVE WEEKS!!!!!!

Couldn't they sort of spread the hiatus out a little? Sheesh!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:47 pm
well, four weeks now. still, it's treason!

Trivia:
Over fifty male and female blonde-haired, blue-eyed babies have acted as Aaron throughout the first three seasons.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:50 pm
That's funny trivia. I guess you can't keep a good baby from growing up!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 06:34 pm
Ach! I'm watching part one of the last lost....... I am almost afraid to go back to it. Almost.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 07:41 pm
It was great! They tied up a ton of plot lines and opened up some new ones for next season.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 07:58 pm
I wasn't disappointed, for sure.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:01 pm
Oh, so good!! I'm still mulling it over, I felt like we got a ton of weird little tidbits of info... And I could tell Mr C really got into it too, because the very first thing he did this morning was check out Lostpedia. Laughing
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:36 pm
How could they possibly move an entire .....(poof!)....? Doesn't that seem strange? Is this alien or future technology?

Although they are probably dead, we didn't specifically see Michael and Jin die. I think Michael's gone, but maybe Jin madISLANDe it off the ship.

I watched Good Morning America to see the alternate endings, but I didn't recognize who was in the coffin in the alternate endings. Help?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:46 am
They can move the island because it is apparently a place where some group had been playing with time and space travel. Duh! <grin>

My issues with this show are often practical ones, like how has Hugo not lost weight. Or why, if they were low on gas, were they flying the chopper so high? Or even why, since he was so carefully tracking the gas left on the way to the boat, did he not notice he was out of gas on the way off the boat? And why didn't Jin dive off the boat instead of standing there waving.

I think Hugo really is talking to dead people, like Michael spoke with Jack and Claire's dad before the boat blew up.

I would have liked to see someone caught in the fringes of the moving island - like if Jin had jumped off the boat and gotten close enough to the island warp.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 01:41 pm
littlek wrote:
Or even why, since he was so carefully tracking the gas left on the way to the boat, did he not notice he was out of gas on the way off the boat?

Wasn't it that they didn't have time to put much gas in when they landed, because Desmond was immediately telling them to take off again? I thought they just didn't have any other choice but to take off again with too-little gas...?

Quote:
And why didn't Jin dive off the boat instead of standing there waving.

Ugh, totally. That was driving me nuts. It certainly seemed like if he had just run right out and jumped off the side he'd have at least had a shot at making it. That was very frustrating.

Quote:
I think Hugo really is talking to dead people, like Michael spoke with Jack and Claire's dad before the boat blew up.

Yeah, what did Jack's dad mean when he told Michael "You can go now"? I suppose I'm just grasping at straws, hoping somehow that meant Michael didn't die -- I feel awfully bad for him, he sure had a rough go of it... Sad

Quote:
I would have liked to see someone caught in the fringes of the moving island - like if Jin had jumped off the boat and gotten close enough to the island warp.

Like Daniel and the people on the raft with him -- there was a glimpse of them in the water near the island before it disappeared -- did they get pulled along with the island??
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:09 pm
It was the sudden realization that the tank was empty that bugged me.

I think Jack's dad told Michael he could go meaning that those who needed to be safe were safe. The island was protecting the group (or some in the group) on the helicopter.

I hadn't realized that Daniel's boat was in the picture, but yeah, it makes sense that they'd be between. Hmmmmm..... I assumed that those on that boat trip were all goners since all but Daniel were extras.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 10:12 am
I missed a few things (which is easy with this show).

I think I heard the name Jeremy Bentham mentioned a couple of times in the last episode. I don't remember him. Is he a character? How is he connected to the plot?

There was a real Jeremy Bentham, an English philosopher who died in 1832. He was an advocate for Utilitarianism, and spoke out for separation of Church and State, abolition of slavery, women's suffrage, animal rights, and abolition of physical punishment and torture.

On his death, his body (with a wax head) was preserved and placed on display at University College in London. His will instructed that his corpse attend board meetings. (He doesn't, but has attended several special meetings)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a6/Jbentham.600px.jpg/230px-Jbentham.600px.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 02:24 pm
They've lost me as far as trying to figure out where the plot's going or what's going to happen next.

The island can protect people (sometimes), even across the diameter of the globe, can cause planes to crash, can cause cancer to remit, can cause cars to crash and guns not to fire.

Yet the island needs to work through human operatives (sometimes).

A human agency built extensive science stations over (apparently) alien technology, but did not investigate the alien technology directly.

The island moves when you spin a frozen donkey wheel.

Anyone else finding the suspension of disbelief to be a bit hard nowadays?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 02:39 pm
Well, they don't want us to get everything yet.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 02:44 pm
ive never seen an episode.

am i missing out? or is it just another show on tv?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 08:12 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Anyone else finding the suspension of disbelief to be a bit hard nowadays?

I know just what you mean, but when you think about it (or at least this is true for me), these "Oh, come on, you just took it too far" moments really have happened at times all along, haven't they? I mean, the first time we saw that the big, scary, noisy, tree-shaking, roaring monster was....smoke? Yeah, it took me a while to accept that, personally... Laughing

Just seems like all the way along there have been some things that were more of a wildly big stretch than others and that were harder to swallow, and then after a while they seem to work into the tone of the show.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 09:26 pm
I think the smoke monster is a swarm of flying nanobots. Maybe.

I want to know what's the deal with the four-toed foot statue they sighted two seasons ago.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 09:43 pm
The smoke, the foot.... who dropped the food for the dharma group.... what that woman from the freighter has to do with the island.... why The Others don't age - where did they come from....
0 Replies