Have you ever seen "Lost"?

hhh1984

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:16 pm
When you watch the drama, you can see that Sun and Jin talk in Korean.
Do you feel or understand what they mean in the situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 11,888 • Replies: 157
No top replies

Mandso

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:11 am
only the people in my year watch lost
heh
not even i do
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 03:10 am
Ive seen a couple of episodes.
I think the general feeling is that the guy dominates the woman, trying to control her every move and she is desperate to break away.
Some communication is done through their tone of voice but most is done through body language/acting.
0 Replies

l0serish

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 01:35 am
well, due to the fact that Korean culture is patriarchal...
he USED to try & control her for honor reasons, & thought that she exposed herself too much w/ even short sleeve shirts.
she learned english behind his back, & finally exposed herself.
he's become tolerant, & even loving, of her now...
& truly appreciates what he's got
0 Replies

hhh1984

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:19 am
I have lived in korea for 20years. And when I watched the program, I thought he was strange. His pronunciation was so odd, brusque. At first time I could not understand. Korean men is not like Jin. He looks like angry.

I think body language is very important. And voice tone too.
I agree with material girl~
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:11 am
I can't remember the details, but much would be understood if you saw the flashback scenes from before they were married. If I remember correctly she came from "wealth" he from poverty and he got a job working for her father as an "enforcer". There was much family strife between father and daughter, and they got away from father. There was much more to it, but it escapes my declining memory. Then again, I could be mixing it up with another show. Maybe someone with a better memory can clear it up.
0 Replies

graemedaulby

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:04 pm
lost
ah, i love lost soooooooooooo much. i am dying to know what happens and stuff, i've got the new series on my computer...not so sure about the korean though
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:05 pm
I tried watching it a couple of times but I was so, well, LOST! I still don't know for sure what it's about.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:07 pm
Im hooked on 'Lost' as well, Im in the 2nd season of it and it bugs the hell out of me, as to how each episode ends leaving me wanting more!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:09 pm
Hey Kiwi! Great, I'm emailing you and asking you to explain the show to me. I'm so curious about this torturer guy!

You doing ok?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:32 pm
Momma... the point of the show is that you really never know what is going on. There are secrets around every corner and for each you you uncover you have 3 more questions.

The only thing we know for sure is that they are trapped on this island and that there are "Others" on the island somewhere who may be good and may be bad.

The thing I love about the show is how it gives us details of the characters past secrets. I think the character development on this show really makes it strong and really leaves you wanting more.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:35 pm
Thanx jp! Guess I'm not as lost as I thought then! Laughing I will have to keep watching.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:37 pm
You won't regret it.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:59 pm
Hey MA!

Im not sure where you guys are up to, we may be behind here, I figured
that there are the plane crash survivors, the french lady who's other team members have lost the plot and gone out on their own....but then there is the drug smugglers as well, which Im gathering the people on the boat who took the kid from the raft, must have come to pick up the drugs at an earlier stage and they have gone loopy as well.....oh I dont know LOL all I know is there are a bunch of nuts running around on this island freaking all the normal ones out!! Shocked ...time will tell all I hope
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:04 pm
Oh... sounds like you might be behind, Kiwi.

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW

Have you seen any episodes with the other peole from the plane?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:07 pm
only up to part when the guys on the raft just got back to land and the asian fellow came running out of the tree's with those hunters after him......and thats where it finished Sad
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:15 pm
Ohh... you are in for a some good upcoming episodes then! Lots of stuff happens in a relatively short time frame.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:17 pm
excellent!.. Im chomping at the bit to see next weeks episode!!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:51 am
I watched Wednesdays recorded episode last night (thursday) and what a show. Things are really starting to fall apart for the bunch of them. People are starting to turn on Jack (Its about time) and start to frgment into their own little cliques. It looks like next episode they find another bunker. I'm thinking they may split into two different camps.

Things could get real interesting.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:56 pm
yes getting very interresting now....
0 Replies