Blatham, ehBeth, Canajuns!! What do you make of WHO...?

Sofia

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:24 am
HELP! Get the disinfectant! Get the iodine!

<the clown coughed on us>

"SARS-larded"= a little insensitive.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:30 am
Naah, I understood roger, just have a mad-on for Cindy Adams at the moment... Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:31 am
Yah think Sofia? Lol...
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 05:37 pm
Yeah cav, not time to panic, I just find the whole brushing it off your shoulder arrogant.

that:

"Stupid American Reaction Syndrom" is what prevented it from being a problem.

You probably don't think so, but I'm sure many Canadians have no clue how easily Toronto could have become Bejing.

Oh and the infection rate is still high lol...almost 3 times higher than what it was when it initially began. Remember it did begin without any quarantining or anything.

some 100+ over Sunday and Monday but Monday is not fully over, will have to wait till tomorrow...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 05:47 pm
shall we start a lottery?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 06:39 pm
5PoF, I have no desire to get into a fight with you. Let's just call it a day, shall we? You may find my attitude arrogant, but you don't live in Toronto, so you don't really know what kind of effect this has had on the economy here, and how people feel. Ergo, you can't really comment, except for posting facts regarding SARS that you find on the net. Your requests for pictures of SARS victims, your obsession with bubonic plague, etc, kinda creeps me out, to be honest. Hence my previous accusation of you being a 'disease groupie.' You say you have more common sense than I do, yet I am moving on with my life, despite what you see from afar as an epidemic. Let's just agree to disagree, yes?
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:11 pm
I think we do agree in a way, I too don't think you should stop everything you are doing.

Go run around have fun in toronto lol.

But I think it is just inappropriate to say that what WHO did to prevent further spread was wrong, maybe you aren't saying that, maybe no Canadian is saying that, but it seems that way.

The requests for SARS pictures is a legitimate one, in scaling the disease, there's a difference from being bed ridden and being hemoraging Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 09:10 pm
5PoF, I think the general consensus here is that the WHO were just a bit over the top with their reaction. Toronto's SARS 'epidemic' was mainly restricted to a few hospitals in the outskirts of the city, and quarantine was immediately put into place, and the hospitals shut down like prisons. We were being responsible, as responsible as the USA in our approach to stopping the spread of SARS, and I think that is why Toronto harbours some distaste when it comes to the WHO verdict, which has been lifted. I was indeed happy to hear Mike Meyers defending Toronto on the Tonight Show. Very Happy
0 Replies