The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

John Creasy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:01 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
Jason, there are some people who need attention. There are some people who must have absolute victory (which often means the last word) in order to feel like big boys and girls. There are some people who get behind a keyboard and build a facade so rough and tough that even they believe they could continue to throw out insults in the same manner should you be sitting across from them in a bar.

There are some people who are all of the above, and I simply shut up and let them make fools of themselves.

It's no use, Jason. When you're arguing against someone who doesn't see it as a discussion but instead a war-of-wits and a competition to come off the most esteemed, you must let go of your cause and let their ego get the reward it's searching for. That way they'll eventually shut up and go on their merry little way, and the rest of us can continue on with ordinary, human life.

All this from the same person who cries, "We're all going to die from religion!!!" Classic.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:13 pm
Actually, I said that we'll all die from practitioners of religion, and considering that the person I was referring to is defending religion, I think what I said holds up beautifully.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:30 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
Actually, I said that we'll all die from practitioners of religion, and considering that the person I was referring to is defending religion, I think what I said holds up beautifully.

Your statement remains ludicrous regardless of who you were referring to. I could be wrong, but I think even most athiests would find your alarmist view ridiculous.

Please explain how "practitioners of religion" are going to kill all of us.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:47 pm
John Creasy wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to try to educate a young confused kid like me. You are a real humanitarian.

You're welcome. And you are quite the sport, John.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:50 pm
Francis wrote:
Dys - are you trying to get educated by Creasy people?

Good one Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:47 pm
Laugh it up guys. When you're done, you could prove me wrong.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:41 pm
John Creasy wrote:

Please explain how "practitioners of religion" are going to kill all of us.

Darling it was a hyperbole to begin with, let alone in good humor.

I am done with this bickering, continue your misguided rambling if you wish.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:52 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
I admit that I've given up, as far as trying to save the youth of our world.

One of my sisters is a missionary, the other sister an avid church-goer (though much more liberal than the missionary). The wife of one of my brothers is a Sunday school teacher...
I have 11 nieces and nephews, 12 this September.
I am confronted, and mainly by the children of the missionary, with questions from them. "Aunt Crystal, are you a Christian?" "Do you believe in God?" "Was Noah real?"
I can't help but smile and reply, "go talk to your parents about that. " I have enough respect for my sister as a parent not to undermine her teachings.

I know how you feel, Sanctuary. But they are your family, your blood. If any of them comes to you and asks you, "do you think God exist?" Your obligation as a parent and rational human being is to answer with the truth; tell them the truth. You should tell them, "I don't know. But a lot of people think God exists. What do you think"? And your nieces and nephew parents' beliefs would not be spoiled.

Sanctuary wrote:
That doesn't mean that it doesn't burn inside of me to take them and teach that they don't have to believe what they're taught.

I know what you mean.

Sanctuary wrote:
Hey, if they grow up and chose to, then by all means. But my biggest concern as far as the welfare of my nieces and nephews goes, is that they will never feel as if religion is an option. They will be burdened, just as I was as a child, with the guilt and shame that comes along with wondering. Wondering if God really does exist or if evolution really did occur. It will be condemned by their parents, I know it will be, to think outside of the Christian faith. This pains me, because I think that they should have the choice to learn.

Their parents should not denounce you for telling the truth. But you should never tell those kids that all religions are bunch of nonsense all together. Children nowadays are very smart, and if you tell them the truth, they will notice the inconsistencies of their parents' belief and have a mind of their own. But if their parents forbid you to get closed to your nieces and nephews, so be it. Your nieces and nephews will seek you out wherever you are. And their parents, when they become aware of the damage that they would have caused them, they will ask you for forgiveness. It is the law of human nature.

Sanctuary wrote:
Their parents being missionaries/Sunday School teachers, religion is incorporated into everything they do. They read the Bible daily, their schooling is based upon religious teachings, they hold church meetings at their homes... This would be a great thing if the children were given other options as well, but they aren't. This is was pains me the most. When they are old enough, I will spend quality time with them and explain to them the vast world of religion, theories, science and so on. But not until they are old enough to understand that by doing so, I'm not a bad person.

But don't tell them that religion is wrong. Let them see the irregularities for themselves. Just tell them the truth. Don't speculate. Just tell them the truth. Teach them how to think for themselves…not for their parents…not for their church…but for themselves. They will eventually love you more than what you think.

Sanctuary wrote:
Right now, at the age they are (none of them older than 9), they're understanding of Christianity is that anyone who isn't a Christian - who doesn't believe in God - is a sinner, is evil.

This is what I refer to as the "cancer of society," teaching innocent children how to be biased towards people who think different than they. This nonsense has to stop. What makes Christianity or any other religion better than the other?

Sanctuary wrote:
I don't want them to fear me, I want them to trust me.

They won't fear you, Sanctuary. They will trust you, when they get to the age in which they become aware of the torrents of nonsense that they're exposed to. They will come to you. Believe me.

Sanctuary wrote:
I will be one of the few people in their lives who will accept them regardless of their sexual orientation, religious affiliation or political leaning. Not that they would stray from Heterosexual Christian Republicans, considering the fear placed in them by their parents.

That's a big plus!!! And I congratulate you for that. Few people think like you.

Sanctuary wrote:
I wish to do the same as you do, Jason, but I don't know if I have hope to.

Don't you give up, Sanctuary. You have the same right to expression, just like these demented, delusional individuals. Don't stop. Think about your objective; it will keep you going.

Sanctuary wrote:
I don't mind religion as long as it's an optional thing. The forcing of it onto children is my biggest pet peeve. I worry a lot for my nieces and nephews, but what can I do until they're older?

But most cases, religion is not an "optional thing." The majority of religious people think like that. They force their children to be part of their world of persuasion and "right" and "wrong," and demeaning other people because they look and/or think differently.

Sanctuary wrote:
Right now if I were to go to them and say, "everything you've learned is false," then they'd think of me the devil.

That would be quite harsh. But just go and tell them that you love them no matter what, that you will always be there for them, no matter what, that you will understand them no matter what. Don't tell them that "everything they learned is false." Just tell them that lots of people think that they are true. And you would not be penalized for telling the truth. Let those children think for themselves.

Sanctuary wrote:
I don't want that... I'd rather wait until they outgrow the grasp of their parents first, and are able to comprehend something outside their own belief. Then I can promise you I will discuss with them the issue at hand.

Don't impose your belief onto them. Let them have a brain and use it. Right now, their parents think for them. And that's quite frustrating.

You have to understand, Sanctuary, that there is a conflict between ancient literature and human awareness. It will have to end some time. Think about it.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

But most cases, religion is not an "optional thing." The majority of religious people think like that. They force their children to be part of their world of persuasion and "right" and "wrong," and demeaning other people because they look and/or think differently.

Complete BS. I was born and raised in the Catholic Church and not once was I taught to look at anybody as evil or demean them in any way. I don't know where you get this idea that "most" religious people are this way, but it is pure bs.

It's quite hypocritical of you also Mr Proudmoore to condemn anybody for demeaning others for their beliefs. This just after you've finished demeaning me every chance you got because of what you assumed were my beliefs. This seems to be a major character flaw of yours, making assumptions.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:54 pm
John, I just love to point out your dementia. It makes me vigorous with amusement. And just knowing that every letter that you type on your keyboard is intended to try ineffectively to ridicule every sentence that I post on this thread, makes me want to keep highlighting your lack of understanding on the matter. You amuse me, John.

John Creasy wrote:
Complete BS. I was born and raised in the Catholic Church and not once was I taught to look at anybody as evil or demean them in any way.

Was the Catholic Church a great contributor to your delusion?

Check it out, John. Today I will teach you how to read in English.

Can you read where it says "most cases"? I'm not generalizing here, nor I'm saying that you belong in such group (however, the way you behave tells me the contrary).

Jason Proudmoore wrote:
But most cases, religion is not an "optional thing."

Can you read where it says "the majority of religious people"? It means that I'm not including all of them; I don't know all of them to say that they all treat children like that.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:
The majority of religious people think like that.

John Creasy wrote:
[
I don't know where you get this idea that "most" religious people are this way, but it is pure bs. But most cases, religion is not an "optional thing"

Well, I got the quote "optional thing" from Sanctuary. And I got the idea from experience: personal, TV, radio, internet, newspaper, people, etc.

John Creasy wrote:
[It's quite hypocritical of you also Mr Proudmoore to condemn anybody for demeaning others for their beliefs. This just after you've finished demeaning me every chance you got because of what you assumed were my beliefs.

Awwww. I'm sorry for telling you the truth and "demeaning" you in the process. Let me give you a lesson that is not taught in high school about demeaning people, John. Read carefully, because I will type this once: Early last century, black people who wanted to ride and sit in front of the bus were simply not allowed, and had to sit in the back... HUMILIATED. If you were black and dared to sit in front of the bus, you would've gotten into serious problems with the authorities, just because of the color of your skin. Also, black people had their own bathrooms (in poor conditions); and they were not allowed to use the "ONLY WHITE" bathrooms at public places. If they did, they would've gotten into serious problems with the owner of the restaurant (or other public places) and/or with the authorities. And there were restaurants (and public places) that were only designated to white people. If you were black and attended those places, and refused to leave when told, you would've gotten into serious problems with the owners and with the authorities, John…and in many cases you would've found death.

This is what I meant when I said that demeaning people is a bad thing. So, do you still feel "demeaned" after this brief lesson, John?

John Creasy wrote:
[This seems to be a major character flaw of yours, making assumptions.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:04 am
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Whats ur point! Is that good or bad?
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:46 am
vinsan wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Whats ur point! Is that good or bad?

What do you think?
0 Replies