The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:32 am
Why is that the 2 prominent religions Christianity, Islam believe that any other religion is BAD and people belonging to that religion must go to Hell?

Is that what a religion teaches, "Hate Others!!!" or the other religions SHOULD NOT exist in the world!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,785 • Replies: 151
No top replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:48 am
Is this such a hard question to answer?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:50 am
Maybe can I try something: religions should not exist?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:52 am
Francis wrote:
Maybe can I try something: religions should not exist?

May be I can revise it better. Why shouldn't Religions CO-EXIST?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:53 am
religions are fine by me, it's the practioners of religion that need to cease existence.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:59 am
Actually, vinsan, I think religions can co-exist. It doesn't mean I believe any other religion is right. I am a Christian, and being a Christian, I believe there is one true God and I believe in His Son Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from sin. But, it's up to each individual to make this decision for themselves. No one has the authority or right to condemn anyone to hell other than God Himself.

As long as we are tolerant of one another and let each believe what we believe we can co-exist. Just because you do not agree with someone is no reason to "hate" them. None of us agree 100% with 100% with anyone. I have friends of different religions. Sometimes we talk about religion, sometimes we don't. But, we respect each other's right to believe what we individually believe.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:00 am
My philosophy on religious sects is:

--Any religious sect that says one should do good for one's fellow man is at least partly correct.

--Any religious sect that says it alone is correct and all other sects are mistaken is at least partly wrong.

--Spirituality is a direction, and religions are various roadmaps. Some people don't need a roadmap. Some roadmaps work better for some people than others. But it's easier to refold a roadmap and put it away than to refold a religion. If you stare too hard at the roadmap you might miss your exit.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:03 am
Equus wrote:
--Spirituality is a direction, and religions are various roadmaps. Some people don't need a roadmap. Some roadmaps work better for some people than others. But it's easier to refold a roadmap and put it away than to refold a religion. If you stare too hard at the roadmap you might miss your exit.

I like that, that is similar to my beliefs
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:04 am
Momma Angel wrote:
we respect each other's right to believe what we individually believe.

Momma, Why does this not seen so often? Why can't others follow it!!! or understand a simple rule o Nature to co-exist?

Why is religion, "being a reason to live" has become a "deadly matter of pride over humanity"?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:10 am
vinsan,

I honestly wish I could answer your question definitively. I am afraid it comes down to so many feeling they have to be right. In my experience, it is even common among Christians to argue and get angry about the differences we have in what we believe. I wish it were not so, but it is. We can only do what we each individually can do and hope that others will do the same. Someone on A2K finally got me to understand that God did not need me to defend Him and what I needed to do was show how God would want me to act and not just say the words. It was very wise advice that I am really trying to adhere to.

Pride - you hit it right on the head. It's pride pure and simple.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:13 am
Equus wrote:
My philosophy on religious sects is:

--Any religious sect that says one should do good for one's fellow man is at least partly correct.

--Any religious sect that says it alone is correct and all other sects are mistaken is at least partly wrong.

Wonderful!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:13 am
Momma Angel wrote:
God would want me to act and not just say the words. It was very wise advice that I am really trying to adhere to.

Try harder...
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:23 am
Francis wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
God would want me to act and not just say the words. It was very wise advice that I am really trying to adhere to.

Try harder...

are you still here?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:26 am
Is this forum only for the religionists and the intolerants?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:28 am
Francis wrote:
Is this forum only for the religionists and the intolerants?

Francis, the section "Spirituality & Religion" says it all.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:29 am
You are not being very spiritual...
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:30 am
Francis wrote:
You are not being very spiritual...

Why would u say that?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:31 am
You really are not...
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
Francis wrote:
You really are not...

Strange!! I thought I am moderately spiritual, though.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:37 am
Tell me a joke, then...
0 Replies