The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
Sanctuary, I understand you quite well. But the predicament is that we don't have a cure for such disease (religion) yet, the disease that is taking sway over the minds of our young and forcing them to live the rest of their lives in permanent fear, with extreme delusion. We can only wait and see what will happen, if we human beings will change our illogical ways of perceiving the rest of the world that we still don't understand fully. I think that religion will disappear complete. But unfortunately, probably neither you or me, or your kids, or your kids's kids, or your kids' kids' kids kids (you get the idea) won't see it happening. You just have to think about how ancient Greek and Rome devoted their entire civilization into praising absurd, selfish, idiotic, cruel, and jealous gods. Where are these gods now? Because the religious ideals of such civilizations shriveled into nothingness doesn't mean that they were wrong and today's religions are right? But what makes today's religions "the true religions" if their principles are based on the ancient, filled with contradictions and mere nonsense. I have read numerous ancient stories that date before the Bible and the Koran (Babylonian, Egyptian, Hebrew), and they all have very, extremely close resemblance to how the world was created, and the concept of gods' behavior as being selfish, idiotic, cruel, and jealous. Today's people, when confronted with such issue, they will deliberately ignore it. They don't understand that religion was (and still is) a political tool to control the masses. Teach your children to not be afraid of the idea that there is a god who's watching them, who punishes people and judges anyone who didn't follow his baloney. Teach them how to be compassionate to others; tell them that you love them; tell them that there are people out there who would take advantage of them, and that you will not always be there to protect them. And you will see that your purpose will be met…not to the whole world, but to your own blood. And your children's children will pass down the wise knowledge that only you could taught them. And that's how the world would change.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:53 am
The real wonder of life is not in a religion that is learned. It is in every instant that we see how much a part of everything we are.

Pretty corny, huh?
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:20 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Sanctuary, I understand you quite well. But the predicament is that we don't have a cure for such disease (religion) yet, the disease that is taking sway over the minds of our young and forcing them to live the rest of their lives in permanent fear, with extreme delusion. We can only wait and see what will happen, if we human beings will change our illogical ways of perceiving the rest of the world that we still don't understand fully. I think that religion will disappear complete. But unfortunately, probably neither you or me, or your kids, or your kids's kids, or your kids' kids' kids kids (you get the idea) won't see it happening. You just have to think about how ancient Greek and Rome devoted their entire civilization into praising absurd, selfish, idiotic, cruel, and jealous gods. Where are these gods now? Because the religious ideals of such civilizations shriveled into nothingness doesn't mean that they were wrong and today's religions are right? But what makes today's religions "the true religions" if their principles are based on the ancient, filled with contradictions and mere nonsense. I have read numerous ancient stories that date before the Bible and the Koran (Babylonian, Egyptian, Hebrew), and they all have very, extremely close resemblance to how the world was created, and the concept of gods' behavior as being selfish, idiotic, cruel, and jealous. Today's people, when confronted with such issue, they will deliberately ignore it. They don't understand that religion was (and still is) a political tool to control the masses. Teach your children to not be afraid of the idea that there is a god who's watching them, who punishes people and judges anyone who didn't follow his baloney. Teach them how to be compassionate to others; tell them that you love them; tell them that there are people out there who would take advantage of them, and that you will not always be there to protect them. And you will see that your purpose will be met…not to the whole world, but to your own blood. And your children's children will pass down the wise knowledge that only you could taught them. And that's how the world would change.

Would you say that to Martin Luther King or Ghandi?? How about Mother Theresa??? It must be nice to live your life in black and white.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:39 pm
If I had in front of me right now (or if they were still alive) Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, or any other religious entity whose acts of kindness are simply based on the belief of political nonsense of fairy tales written by ancient people, I'd would tell them that they should do the right thing not because we must please a selfish, cruel, idiotic, and jealous god, but because we should (regardless of what religions tells us to do), because it is good to do the right thing; and also, cut out the bullsh!t!!!! That's what I would tell them.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:53 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
If I had in front of me right now (or if they were still alive) Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, or any other religious entity whose acts of kindness are simply based on the belief of political nonsense of fairy tales written by ancient people, I'd would tell them that they should do the right thing not because we must please a selfish, cruel, idiotic, and jealous god, but because we should (regardless of what religions tells us to do), because it is good to do the right thing; and also, cut out the bullsh!t!!!! That's what I would tell them.

You're a real gem.

So tell me, why is kindness and compassion "the right thing to do"? Who made this decision? This certainly hasn't been humanity's outlook throughout history. Many people would say that kindness and compassion are a form of weakness. Ironically, you're notion of right and wrong is a development of the very beliefs that you disdain.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 02:14 pm
John Creasy wrote:

You're a real gem.

Thank you, and so are you.

John Creasy wrote:
So tell me, why is kindness and compassion "the
right thing to do"?

I don't think I get your question. But you probably meant "what is kindness and compassion?" If this is true:

kindness

n 1: the quality of being warm-hearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic [ant: unkindness] 2: tendency to be kind and forgiving [syn: forgivingness] 3: a kind act [syn: benignity]

com·pas·sion
n.
Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it. See Synonyms at pity.

The right thing to do is to not demean, hurt (physically or mentally), or abuse people. A simple fragment of understanding will do, too.

John Creasy wrote:
Who made this decision?

We (humans) made "this decision."

John Creasy wrote:
This certainly hasn't been humanity's outlook throughout history.

Would you be surprised if I told you that it has been?

John Creasy wrote:
Many people would say that kindness and compassion are a form of weakness.

That is true if you're a Roman gladiator. And many people would also say that they can walk on water. Nonsense.

John Creasy wrote:

Ironically, you're notion of right and wrong is a development of the very beliefs that you disdain.

I do not "disdain" philosophy, John.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:12 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

John Creasy wrote:
right thing to do"?

I don't think I get your question. But you probably meant "what is kindness and compassion?" If this is true:

kindness

n 1: the quality of being warm-hearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic [ant: unkindness] 2: tendency to be kind and forgiving [syn: forgivingness] 3: a kind act [syn: benignity]

com·pas·sion
n.
Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it. See Synonyms at pity.

The right thing to do is to not demean, hurt (physically or mentally), or abuse people. A simple fragment of understanding will do, too.

Thank you, you've not only confirmed your ignorance, but you've also proven yourself to be obnoxious.

Quote:

I don't remember being consulted on this. Seems like a bit of a generalization, don't ya think??

Quote:

At this point, nothing you say would surprise me.

Quote:

That is true if you're a Roman gladiator. And many people would also say that they can walk on water. Nonsense.

Completely ignorant statement. Does survival of the fittest sound familiar to you??

Quote:

That's nice. What you don't realize is that your notion of right and wrong that is totally ingrained in western civiliation is a product of Judeo-Christian values. Do you think the Romans subscribed to "Do unto others as you would have done to you"?? What about helping the poor and sickly?? These are attributtes of Judaism and Christianity.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:17 pm
Are you all blind? How can call this a coinsedence even though there countless visual signs of the same nature. Do you think the honey bees formed that honey comb in the shape of Allah by accident? Or that cloud for that matter? If you are going to be that ignorant about it, then you will only see the truth once you die - which sadly maybe too late then.

For this reason, the apparent signs of the existence of Allah are not seen by these people. Or rather, it is not their will that those signs be seen. These people strive greatly to prevent belief in the existence of Allah and they spread this disbelief through society in general. Eventually, masses appear who either do not believe in Allah or else have "forgotten" Him as mentioned in the Qur'an. (Surat at-Tawba, 67)
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:33 pm
John Creasy wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

John Creasy wrote:
right thing to do"?

kindness

com·pas·sion
n.

Thank you, you've not only confirmed your ignorance, but you've also proven yourself to be obnoxious.

Quote:

I don't remember being consulted on this. Seems like a bit of a generalization, don't ya think??

Quote:

Quote:

Completely ignorant statement. Does survival of the fittest sound familiar to you??

Quote:

That's nice. What you don't realize is that your notion of right and wrong that is totally ingrained in western civiliation is a product of Judeo-Christian values. Do you think the Romans subscribed to "Do unto others as you would have done to you"?? What about helping the poor and sickly?? These are attributtes of Judaism and Christianity.

Is this the best you can do to defend your argument, John, exuding meaningless showers of human excrement throughout your fingers onto the keyboard? If you want to continue this argument, you will have to pull out your cerebrial enema and "see the light," be somewhat rational.(Oops, I sort of forgot; this is just asking for the impossible. Patheric.)
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:37 pm
That's right, don't refute any of my arguments. Just spew insults and call me irrational. Please gather yourself, and try again.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:46 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Are you all blind? How can call this a coinsedence even though there countless visual signs of the same nature. Do you think the honey bees formed that honey comb in the shape of Allah by accident? Or that cloud for that matter? If you are going to be that ignorant about it, then you will only see the truth once you die - which sadly maybe too late then.

For this reason, the apparent signs of the existence of Allah are not seen by these people. Or rather, it is not their will that those signs be seen. These people strive greatly to prevent belief in the existence of Allah and they spread this disbelief through society in general. Eventually, masses appear who either do not believe in Allah or else have "forgotten" Him as mentioned in the Qur'an. (Surat at-Tawba, 67)

When I was a child, I always saw the faces of Disney characters whenever I went to the barbershop to get a haircut. But these faces appeared on the floor, formed by the falling of thousands upon thousands of pieces of my own hair. Do you think this is a message from Walt Disney, telling me that I have to continue to cherish and believing in Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Guffy, and Pluto? If this is not the case, I'm so disappointed.
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 04:09 pm
John Creasy wrote:
That's right, don't refute any of my arguments.

"Dont refute" what arguments, John? You don't have any. All of your ridiculous arguments have been debunked. And these last posts consist merely of pure nonsense.

John Creasy wrote:
Just spew insults and call me irrational.

Someone who constantly lies is called a "liar." People who think only about themselves are called "selfish." People who think that other people are persecuting them are called "paranoics." And a person who lacks normal mental clarity, and is incoherent is called "irrational."So, why would I call you "irrational", John?

John Creasy wrote:
Please gather yourself, and try again.

I will not continue jumping through your hoops, John. I have established clear, rational, and coherent arguments. You either don't understand them, don't want to understand them, or simply you just want to continue with your deranged ranting of delusional nonsense. I would gladly explain anything that you don't understand. But you have to stop the nonsense and acknowledge the obvious.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:24 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
That's right, don't refute any of my arguments.

"Dont refute" what arguments, John? You don't have any. All of your ridiculous arguments have been debunked. And these last posts consist merely of pure nonsense.

John Creasy wrote:
Just spew insults and call me irrational.

Someone who constantly lies is called a "liar." People who think only about themselves are called "selfish." People who think that other people are persecuting them are called "paranoics." And a person who lacks normal mental clarity, and is incoherent is called "irrational."So, why would I call you "irrational", John?

John Creasy wrote:
Please gather yourself, and try again.

I will not continue jumping through your hoops, John. I have established clear, rational, and coherent arguments. You either don't understand them, don't want to understand them, or simply you just want to continue with your deranged ranting of delusional nonsense. I would gladly explain anything that you don't understand. But you have to stop the nonsense and acknowledge the obvious.

Maybe you should be a little proudless Jason. You haven't offered much here to be proud of. Let alone have you "debunked" anything that I've stated.

Let me try this again. You say "the right thing to do is to not demean, hurt (physically or mentally), or abuse people." I asked you why and how this "philosophy" if you will, came about. You didn't have an answer for that. You claim that kindness and compassion have been considered noble traits throughout history, yet you offer no evidence of this. You claim that only a "Roman Gladiator" would consider kindness and compassion a weakness, and yet again, you call me delusional for not taking your word for it. To top it all off, you show your delightful ignorance of history by claiming that "philosophy" is the foundation of the west's morality and ethical outlook.

So, let me say this, if you despise Judeo-Christian morality, I can respect that. But don't sit here and ignore the fact that it is the foundation of the very same morality that you profess. Are you following me??
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 12:04 am
This is the post that started the whole thing. Pay careful attention to what we have written.Lets analyze the arguments, ok?

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

This is what you wrote after my post.

John Creasy wrote:

Would you say that to Martin Luther King or Ghandi?? How about Mother Theresa??? It must be nice to live your life in black and white.

This is my answer to your post.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

If I had in front of me right now (or if they were still alive) Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, or any other religious entity whose acts of kindness are simply based on the belief of political nonsense of fairy tales written by ancient people, I'd would tell them that they should do the right thing not because we must please a selfish, cruel, idiotic, and jealous god, but because we should (regardless of what religions tells us to do), because it is good to do the right thing; and also, cut out the bullsh!t!!!! That's what I would tell them

This is the bombardment of nonsense that reveals your uncontrollable delusion. Don't you think that the answers to these questions are obvious?

John Creasy wrote:

So tell me, why is kindness and compassion "the right thing to do"? Who made this decision? This certainly hasn't been humanity's outlook throughout history. Many people would say that kindness and compassion are a form of weakness. Ironically, you're notion of right and wrong is a development of the very beliefs that you disdain.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

These are the definitions to the words that you don't seem to know the meaning to.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

kindness

com•pas•sion
n.

This is the answer to your question regarding "the right thing to do."

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

This is your question.
John Creasy wrote:

Who made this decision?

And when I said "we (humans)," I meant the human race, and to be more precise, philosophers.
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

This is my answer.

This is your question. What the HELL did you just say, and why did you say it? You don't think that kindness and compassion are two attributes of nobility? Don't you think that people throughout history knew this?
John Creasy wrote:

And this is my answer to your question.
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

And your answer from my comment above depicts the quality of someone who is not just delusional, but ignorant. You be the judge of that.

John Creasy wrote:

This is a question that you trying to attack me with. But it renders itself futile when you don't even know how to apply it. So what if many people say that those two entities are forms of "weakness"? What are you trying to prove here? Why did you even bother to type such nonsense?

John Creasy wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

At least we agree on something here.

John Creasy wrote:

Ironically, you're notion of right and wrong is a development of the very beliefs that you disdain.

And I told you that I don't "disdain" philosophy, John.
John Creasy wrote:

That's nice. What you don't realize is that your notion of right and wrong that is totally ingrained in western civiliation is a product of Judeo-Christian values.

And I got a trivia for you, John. Where did the Judeo-Christian get their values from?

John Creasy wrote:

Do you think the Romans subscribed to "Do unto others as you would have done to you"??

Who's the ignorant? Read books, John. They won't bite you.

John Creasy wrote:

What about helping the poor and sickly?? These are attributtes of Judaism and Christianity.

More nonsense.

John Creasy wrote:

Maybe you should be a little proudless Jason.

I don't take pride when it comes to explaining the obvious to the delusional. There is no sense of pride at all, really. It is just a shame.

John Creasy wrote:

You haven't offered much here to be proud of. Let alone have you "debunked" anything that I've stated.

Scroll up.

John Creasy wrote:

Let me try this again. You say "the right thing to do is to not demean, hurt (physically or mentally), or abuse people."

That's right.

John Creasy wrote:

I asked you why and how this "philosophy" if you will, came about.

Have you heard of Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle?

John Creasy wrote:

You didn't have an answer for that.

Yes, I did. But the answer is too complex for your brain to process it.

John Creasy wrote:

You claim that kindness and compassion have been considered noble traits throughout history, yet you offer no evidence of this.

Can you read the amount of garbage that you are contributing to this thread, John? Kindness and compassion are two of the main traits that form nobility, throughout human history. Do you even know what you are thinking about when you place your fingers on the key board to try and type a coherent argument? Do you need evidence for this, John? Come on.

John Creasy wrote:

You claim that only a "Roman Gladiator" would consider kindness and compassion a weakness, and yet again, you call me delusional for not taking your word for it.

A Roman gladiator is one example of many. And yes, you are delusional for posting nonsense and not seeing the obvious.

John Creasy wrote:

To top it all off, you show your delightful ignorance of history by claiming that "philosophy" is the foundation of the west's morality and ethical outlook.

Which one came first, John, Greek philosophy or Judeo-Christian morality?

John Creasy wrote:

So, let me say this, if you despise Judeo-Christian morality, I can respect that.

Rolling Eyes Oooookkk….

John Creasy wrote:

But don't sit here and ignore the fact that it is the foundation of the very same morality that you profess.

Are you out of your mind, John (obviously)? What fact are you talking about? Have you been to school, John?

John Creasy wrote:

Are you following me??

Yes, I'm following you...for a mile now, and I'm thinking about calling the men in white.

It seems that trying to reason with the irrational is something that not even the most rational of men would do. And yet, I'm trying. It's like discussing a game of Basketball with the Great Wall of China. Futile. Nevertheless, you seem to have accomplish somthing in your life, John. For a second there I thought you were talking some sense. But then I looked again at the posts.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:50 am
Jason, there are some people who need attention. There are some people who must have absolute victory (which often means the last word) in order to feel like big boys and girls. There are some people who get behind a keyboard and build a facade so rough and tough that even they believe they could continue to throw out insults in the same manner should you be sitting across from them in a bar.

There are some people who are all of the above, and I simply shut up and let them make fools of themselves.

It's no use, Jason. When you're arguing against someone who doesn't see it as a discussion but instead a war-of-wits and a competition to come off the most esteemed, you must let go of your cause and let their ego get the reward it's searching for. That way they'll eventually shut up and go on their merry little way, and the rest of us can continue on with ordinary, human life.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:24 am
I understand that well, Sanctuary. And I thank you for the advice. But we have a great problem before us...a problem that has been affecting us and continues to affect us to this date…a cancer if you will. These individuals poison the minds of the young (of our children), filling them with silliness and ancient fairy tales to put the boogie man in them and claim property over them. And that has to stop. It is preposterous that the ancient notion of scaring people shitless and claiming reign over them continues to be put in practice to this day. And I will not get tired of rubbing on their faces, unveiling their unrestrained idiocy, absurdity and irrationality. Because one way or another, they would at least have a mote of shame and rather acknowledge their delusion. But that's not a guarantee, mind you.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:44 am
I admit that I've given up, as far as trying to save the youth of our world.

One of my sisters is a missionary, the other sister an avid church-goer (though much more liberal than the missionary). The wife of one of my brothers is a Sunday school teacher...

I have 11 nieces and nephews, 12 this September.

I am confronted, and mainly by the children of the missionary, with questions from them. "Aunt Crystal, are you a Christian?" "Do you believe in God?" "Was Noah real?"

I can't help but smile and reply, "go talk to your parents about that. " I have enough respect for my sister as a parent not to undermine her teachings. That doesn't mean that it doesn't burn inside of me to take them and teach that they don't have to believe what they're taught. Hey, if they grow up and chose to, then by all means. But my biggest concern as far as the welfare of my nieces and nephews goes, is that they will never feel as if religion is an option. They will be burdened, just as I was as a child, with the guilt and shame that comes along with wondering. Wondering if God really does exist or if evolution really did occur. It will be condemned by their parents, I know it will be, to think outside of the Christian faith. This pains me, because I think that they should have the choice to learn.

Their parents being missionaries/Sunday School teachers, religion is incorporated into everything they do. They read the Bible daily, their schooling is based upon religious teachings, they hold church meetings at their homes... This would be a great thing if the children were given other options as well, but they aren't. This is was pains me the most. When they are old enough, I will spend quality time with them and explain to them the vast world of religion, theories, science and so on. But not until they are old enough to understand that by doing so, I'm not a bad person. Right now, at the age they are (none of them older than 9), they're understanding of Christianity is that anyone who isn't a Christian - who doesn't believe in God - is a sinner, is evil. I don't want them to fear me, I want them to trust me. I will be one of the few people in their lives who will accept them regardless of their sexual orientation, religious affiliation or political leaning. Not that they would stray from Heterosexual Christian Republicans, considering the fear placed in them by their parents.

I wish to do the same as you do, Jason, but I don't know if I have hope to. I don't mind religion as long as it's an optional thing. The forcing of it onto children is my biggest pet peeve. I worry a lot for my nieces and nephews, but what can I do until they're older? Right now if I were to go to them and say, "everything you've learned is false," then they'd think of me the devil. I don't want that... I'd rather wait until they outgrow the grasp of their parents first, and are able to comprehend something outside their own belief. Then I can promise you I will discuss with them the issue at hand.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:47 am
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
This is the post that started the whole thing. Pay careful attention to what we have written.Lets analyze the arguments, ok?

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

This is what you wrote after my post.

John Creasy wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

If I had in front of me right now (or if they were still alive) Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, or any other religious entity whose acts of kindness are simply based on the belief of political nonsense of fairy tales written by ancient people, I'd would tell them that they should do the right thing not because we must please a selfish, cruel, idiotic, and jealous god, but because we should (regardless of what religions tells us to do), because it is good to do the right thing; and also, cut out the bullsh!t!!!! That's what I would tell them

This is the bombardment of nonsense that reveals your uncontrollable delusion. Don't you think that the answers to these questions are obvious? are you high??

John Creasy wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

These are the definitions to the words that you don't seem to know the meaning to.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

kindness

com•pas•sion
n.

Again, your attempt at sarcasm is obnoxious. Thank you for bringing up pity. Pity is despised by many philosophers (most famously Nietzsche) for being worthless and counter-productive. Honor, strength, wealth and beauty are considered noble by these philosophers. The same goes for the ancient Greeks and Romans. Pity and compassion were FAR from noble attributes to these ancient cultures. For example, why do you think that Christianity spread so rapidly in the early centuries?? Here's a hint, because it preached the equality of souls and that the poor and sickly were to be helped and not looked down upon. This was a revolutionary idea at the time.

This is the answer to your question regarding "the right thing to do."

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

This is your question.
John Creasy wrote:

Who made this decision?

And when I said "we (humans)," I meant the human race, and to be more precise, philosophers.
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

This is my answer.

This is your question. What the HELL did you just say, and why did you say it? You don't think that kindness and compassion are two attributes of nobility? Don't you think that people throughout history knew this?
John Creasy wrote:

Are you that naive?? Please, say it ain't so. Yeah how about those Huns?? They were full of compassion. What about the Mongols? Tender and kind. It warms my heart to think of all the compassion throughout history. Rolling Eyes
And this is my answer to your question.
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

And your answer from my comment above depicts the quality of someone who is not just delusional, but ignorant. You be the judge of that.
Pot, meet kettle
John Creasy wrote:

This is a question that you trying to attack me with. But it renders itself futile when you don't even know how to apply it. So what if many people say that those two entities are forms of "weakness"? What are you trying to prove here? Why did you even bother to type such nonsense?
I'm trying to "prove" that you are wrong. Period.
John Creasy wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

At least we agree on something here.

I don't see where we agreed on anything. You made an assinine statement about how everybody but Roman gladiators have been all lovey dovey throughout history and I pointed out the ridiculousness of this.

John Creasy wrote:

And I told you that I don't "disdain" philosophy, John.
John Creasy wrote:

That's nice. What you don't realize is that your notion of right and wrong that is totally ingrained in western civiliation is a product of Judeo-Christian values.

And I got a trivia for you, John. Where did the Judeo-Christian get their values from?
This point, I admit, is debatable. While SOME aspects of earlier culture was assimilated into the Judeo-Christian culture, many of it's morals were new. Like compassion for the weak and poor as opposed to a strict hierarchal class system where the weak were looked down upon. Philosophy did also contribute to western ethics, but this was not until relatively recent times.
John Creasy wrote:

Do you think the Romans subscribed to "Do unto others as you would have done to you"??

Who's the ignorant? Read books, John. They won't bite you.

This is an utterly preposterous statement. Please don't strain yourself by trying to explain your position. Let me help you, the Roman culture honored strength and beauty. War and conquest was seen as admirable. So if they followed the above ethical code, they must have been just itching to be conquered.

John Creasy wrote:

What about helping the poor and sickly?? These are attributtes of Judaism and Christianity.

More nonsense.

John Creasy wrote:

Maybe you should be a little proudless Jason.

I don't take pride when it comes to explaining the obvious to the delusional. There is no sense of pride at all, really. It is just a shame.

John Creasy wrote:

You haven't offered much here to be proud of. Let alone have you "debunked" anything that I've stated.

Scroll up.

John Creasy wrote:

Let me try this again. You say "the right thing to do is to not demean, hurt (physically or mentally), or abuse people."

That's right.

John Creasy wrote:

I asked you why and how this "philosophy" if you will, came about.

Have you heard of Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle?
I don't recall any of these gentlemen being overly concerned with the plight of the poor or weak.
John Creasy wrote:

You didn't have an answer for that.

Yes, I did. But the answer is too complex for your brain to process it.

If you say so.

John Creasy wrote:

You claim that kindness and compassion have been considered noble traits throughout history, yet you offer no evidence of this.

Can you read the amount of garbage that you are contributing to this thread, John? Kindness and compassion are two of the main traits that form nobility, throughout human history. Do you even know what you are thinking about when you place your fingers on the key board to try and type a coherent argument? Do you need evidence for this, John? Come on.
this is humorous. I don't know where you come up with this stuff.
John Creasy wrote:

You claim that only a "Roman Gladiator" would consider kindness and compassion a weakness, and yet again, you call me delusional for not taking your word for it.

A Roman gladiator is one example of many. And yes, you are delusional for posting nonsense and not seeing the obvious.
Somebody get me a straightjacket.
John Creasy wrote:

To top it all off, you show your delightful ignorance of history by claiming that "philosophy" is the foundation of the west's morality and ethical outlook.

Which one came first, John, Greek philosophy or Judeo-Christian morality?
Which one had more influence, would be the correct question.
John Creasy wrote:

So, let me say this, if you despise Judeo-Christian morality, I can respect that.

Rolling Eyes Oooookkk….
Very Happy

John Creasy wrote:

But don't sit here and ignore the fact that it is the foundation of the very same morality that you profess.

Are you out of your mind, John (obviously)? What fact are you talking about? Have you been to school, John?
I must be. Please get me to the hospital. I need my meds.
John Creasy wrote:

Are you following me??

Yes, I'm following you...for a mile now, and I'm thinking about calling the men in white.

It seems that trying to reason with the irrational is something that not even the most rational of men would do. And yet, I'm trying. It's like discussing a game of Basketball with the Great Wall of China. Futile. Nevertheless, you seem to have accomplish somthing in your life, John. For a second there I thought you were talking some sense. But then I looked again at the posts.

Thank you for taking the time to try to educate a young confused kid like me. You are a real humanitarian.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
If there's anyone around that can educate us it must be JOhn Creasy.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:57 am
Dys - are you trying to get educated by Creasy people?
0 Replies