The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

snood

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:57 pm
Hey, PS - I PM'ed you a question about your avatar, but either you ignored it or didn't get it. So, Who is she?
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:00 pm
Hi. New members are no longer automatically permitted PM privileges.

It's just a photograph that I located on the Internet. I was looking for a woman with blonde hair, and she fit the bill.

Glad you like it! Thanks.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Is so!!

Is not!!! :wink:
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:06 pm
Francis wrote:
So, are you pleased with it, Nimh?

mm... mmm... good...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:03 pm
Whether religions SHOULD co-exist with other religions is a bit of a stupid question.

Each religions own rules (supposedly set by the gods themselves) determine how much co-existence is acceptable, and to what degree.

Personally, I'm coming around to thinking that religions with intolerant views of others do not deserve to be tolerated by me.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 01:38 am
Eorl wrote:
(his signature): You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

"I believe in the beautiful, ongoing music of the heart. For without it, there is no reason to be. This is no question." - PoetSeductress
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 02:34 am
Special Telegram from PS to my significant someone > Please don't let them change you, think for you, or clip your wings... you are so wonderful the way you are. Let your happy heart sing with tenderness. Fly with the wings you've been given.

If you wish, I will sing with you in the glow of that star, and enjoy peace of mind. This is my desire.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:08 am
Re: The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I just want to kill their stupid ideas with a dose of rationalism.
You silly idealist, you Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:13 am
Eorl wrote:
Whether religions SHOULD co-exist with other religions is a bit of a stupid question.
Not in the eyes of certain religionists.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:49 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Actually, vinsan, I think religions can co-exist. It doesn't mean I believe any other religion is right. I am a Christian, and being a Christian, I believe there is one true God and I believe in His Son Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from sin. But, it's up to each individual to make this decision for themselves. No one has the authority or right to condemn anyone to hell other than God Himself.

Momma Angel I respect your views, but please note that Jesus is NOT the son of God, and Jesus did NOT die - that is why his second-coming is before the Day of Judgement where he will slay Al-Dajjal (anti-Christ).

The Quran recognizes the fact that Jesus had no human father, but this does not make him the son of God, or God himself. By this criterion, Adam would have been more entitled more entitled to be the son of God, because he had neither a father nor a mother, so the Quran draws attention to the miraculous creation of both in the following verses;

"truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then He said upon him, 'Be' and he was." (Al-Imran 3:59)

"Say: "God is Unique! God, the Source [of everything]. He has not fathered anyone nor was He fathered, and there is nothing comparable to Him!" (Quran 112:1-4).

The denial of Jesus divinity (and. for the matter, of Mary's divinity) is presented in the Quran in the form of a dialogue, at the Day of Judgement, between the Almighty Jesus. All the Messengers and their nations will gather before God and He will ask the Messengers how they were received by their people and what they said to them. Among those who will be questioned is Jesus:

"And when God said, 'O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God"? He said, 'To you be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, you would have known it, knowing what is within my heart, though I do not know your knowledge; you know the things unseen. I only said to them what you did commands me: "Serve God, my God and your God." (Al-Maida 5-116)

As for his cucifixion, it is a false.

"They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they thought they did." (Quran 4:156) "God lifted him up to His presence. God is Almighty, All-Wise" (Quran 4:157) .

It is a sad fact of history that not many are following the "straight path" to which people were called by Jesus. He was only followed by a few disciples inspired by God to support him. The non-believers plotted - as they would against Mohammed, six centuries later - to kill Jesus. But God had better plan for him and his followers, as the Quran tells us:

"And when Jesus perceived their unbelief, he said 'Who will be my helpers in the cause of God? The apostles said, 'we are Gods helpers. We believe in God; so bear witness of our submission God, we believe in that you have sent down, and we follow the Messenger. Inscribe us therefore with those who bear witness. 'And they devised, and God devised, and God is the best of divisors. When God said, 'Jesus, I will take you to Me and will raise you to Me, and I will purify you (of the falsehoods) of those who do not believe. I will make your followers above the unbelievers till the Resurrection Day." (Al-Imran 3:52-55)

As the above verses indicate, Jesus was taken and raised to heaven. He was not crucified. It was certainly the plan of the enemies of Jesus to put him to death on the cross, but God saved him and someone else was crucified:

"And for their unbelief, and their uttering against Mary a grave false charge, and for their saying, 'We killed the messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messiah of God"…yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him are surely in doubt the following of conjecture; and they did not kill him of certainty…no indeed; God raised him up to Him; God is Almighty, All wise. There is not one of the people of the book but will assuredly believe him before his death, and on the Resurrection Day he will be a witness against them." (An-Nissa 4:156-159)
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:52 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
It is time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation.

Perfect!!! But then will that justify making cartoons of prophets of other religion and make fun of them?

Do we have "factual intelligible rational explanation" for such acts !!!!

I am not on the side of Islam but I have seen this happening with almost all religions.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:05 am
Letty wrote:
I thought that vinsan was asking for a discussion that dealt with fanaticism

U r somewhat correct Letty. But the whole point DOES lead us to Co-Existence issue.

Fanaticism - Extreme devotion. Yes !!! The question was addressed to such people who are religiously fanatic.

I mean, Why can't they stand the other religions. Surely No religion teaches you to Hate "Others" but "Love and Live" ultimately.

Isn't it!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:43 pm
Perhaps at Brook Farm or Utopia, vinsan. I can only speak for myself, I suppose, but this has been a good thread, India. <smile>

For info on the dark side:

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0809079.html
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:13 am
vinsan wrote:
Why is that the 2 prominent religions Christianity, Islam believe that any other religion is BAD and people belonging to that religion must go to Hell?

Is that what a religion teaches, "Hate Others!!!" or the other religions SHOULD NOT exist in the world!!!

Your thread is pointless, the Quran doesn't say that Jews and Christians will go to Hell, on the contrary-

God reveals that those Christians and Jews who believe in Him and the Day of Judgment and do good deeds will receive the fairest rewards for their virtue:

Those who believe, those who are Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans, all who believe in God and the Last Day and act rightly will have their reward with their Lord. They will feel no fear and will know no sorrow. (Qur'an, 2:62)
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:02 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Those who believe, those who are Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans, all who believe in God and the Last Day and act rightly will have their reward with their Lord. They will feel no fear and will know no sorrow. (Qur'an, 2:62)

This is New!! All that I heard since years from Muslim Gurus is that the other religion people are Fitur, a hindi word which mean dishonest & deserve no stand under God.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:11 am
Vinsan

Is is our uncertainty about the "next" life that has us so obsessed with religion?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:52 am
chris2a wrote:
Is is our uncertainty about the "next" life that has us so obsessed with religion?

Good Point!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 12:48 pm
vinsan wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
It is time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation.

Perfect!!! But then will that justify making cartoons of prophets of other religion and make fun of them?

Hey Vin, your little man just stopped. Honestly he did, at the bottom for about 3 seconds. Just enough to catch his breath, then he was off again...It Must Be a Sign...

To answer your question, imo yes. I would never attack the man, but stupid belief systems are fair game. Especially when those stupid beliefs are more than just irrational or silly, when they get people to do real harm to others. I used to think well if that's what he believes fair enough. I can see he's serious about it, so why cause unnecessary offense by challenging his beliefs? But when we get people abusing children because some nominally Christian pastor has told the parents their child is possessed by kindoki, or when some kid from Bradford thinks he is doing gods will by detonating a bomb on a train, and will be rewarded by 70 virgins in heaven (yes I know its difficult to get your mind round that but they ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT)... THEN things have gone too far.

We can only grope towards the truth. But that does not mean we cant make progress....and more important, we know which direction to go.

And our progress can only be helped by cutting down and exposing the primitive and redundant belief systems of backward and repressive religions such as Islam.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:11 pm
Steve,

I tend to agree with quite a bit of what you are saying. The only thing I am not sure about is your choice of some words. Your very last statement "And our progress can only be helped by cutting down and exposing the primitive and redundant belief systems of backward and repressive religions such as Islam" seems to be making somewhat of a judgment?

I will agree that within all religions there are the extremists that will take up arms such as in bombing abortion clinics and what the Muslims are doing right now. However, I don't think these are the majority of those religions. I think they are in the public eye because of their sensationalism. I think it is the responsibility of those within the particular religions to show what they are about, to show the love of God, and not what is going on now.

I think a good place to start is to stop using words that are (though I don't think you meant them to be intentionally) offensive and judgmental.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:16 pm
Yeah well here's where I differ with pretty much all of you. I think ALL belief systems should be constantly challenged/ridiculed/bashed (including my own) I believe this would separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. This, of course, would include religion/science/politics/environmentalism/tofu and polka music.
0 Replies