The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:40 am
Francis wrote:
Tell me a joke, then...

No time! Smile Gotta Go Home and sleep sound. I am very tired, as I just tried spreading world peace at a ground level. :wink:
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:41 am
Francis wrote:
Is this forum only for the religionists and the intolerants?

yes, and guess which one you are
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:41 am
vinsan wrote:
Francis wrote:
Tell me a joke, then...

No time! Smile Gotta Go Home and sleep sound. I am very tired, as I just tried spreading world peace at a ground level. :wink:

Yes, I know what you mean, I once dated a French girl.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:43 am
John Creasy wrote:
Francis wrote:

Fortunately, not one of your kind...
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:43 am
dyslexia wrote:
Yes, I know what you mean, I once dated a French girl.

LOL
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:45 am
Dys - I've no poopity head list but if I had one...
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
Francis wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
Francis wrote:

Fortunately, not one of your kind...

You're not Irish?? Well nobody's perfect.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:51 am
No, and I wouldn't like to have your kind of perfectness...
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:02 pm
Francis wrote:
No, and I wouldn't like to have your kind of perfectness...

suit yourself pal
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:12 pm
There are two types of excessively religious people, the deluded and the dangerously deluded. Steve41oo
Without religion bad people would still do bad, and good people would still do good, but for good people to do bad it takes religion. Steven Weinburg
The process of transforming unanswerable questions into unquestionable answers is called religion. BBC phone in.
It is time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation. Steve41oo

Just a few thoughts
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:23 pm
Very spiritual thoughts, my friend.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:31 pm
Steve,

Do you think that only good people that are involved in religion do bad things? I think everyone is capable of doing good things just as they are capable of doing bad things.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:37 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
There are two types of excessively religious people, the deluded and the dangerously deluded. Steve41oo
Without religion bad people would still do bad, and good people would still do good, but for good people to do bad it takes religion. Steven Weinburg
The process of transforming unanswerable questions into unquestionable answers is called religion. BBC phone in.
It is time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation. Steve41oo

Just a few thoughts

Why "fight"? Why not just let them live their lives, and you live yours? If they try to recruit you and you don't want to join, just say, "No thank you," and walk away. Just as not believing is your inherent right, so also is one's right to believe. It would be wrong to try and take that right away from a religious or spiritual person, just as it would be wrong to take away your right to not believe. When certain agnostics and atheists become intolerant and hateful about the issue (which most, I'm happy to say, do not), they teeter on the edge of danger, no less so than your radical religionist. In the end, they become that which they despise, as each calls the other deluded. One side can be just as irritating as the other.

Live and let live. No if's, and's, or but's!

Make love, not war! :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:55 pm
vinsan, look behind ever religious fanatic and you'll find a politician lurking about.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:02 pm
Letty wrote:
vinsan, look behind ever religious fanatic and you'll find a politician lurking about.

Fanatics of any kind are undesirable.

It is possible for us to coexist, if we try! For instance, I have a niece whose personal belief is Christian (but not fanatical). She is married to a Wiccan. They both love each other and are happy together. Each are considerate of the other's beliefs. When you love someone, this is not hard to do.

I also know of a woman who believes in God (but not fanatical) and her husband is athiest. They're both good-natured and accepting of the other, and it's never an issue between them because they truly love and respect each other. This is how it should be.

You can't control who you fall in love with, so why be unhappy? These are good lessons on how to get along, and appreciate each other for who we are.

Likewise, we can't control who our neighbor is, so why make yourself miserable by resisting the differences?

Just be happy.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:14 pm
p.s., I understand co-existence, but I thought that vinsan was asking for a discussion that dealt with fanaticism, or at least that's what his topic suggested.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:18 pm
Letty wrote:
p.s., I understand co-existence, but I thought that vinsan was asking for a discussion that dealt with fanaticism, or at least that's what his topic suggested.

I understand, sweet Letty (and mistress DJ, I might add!). But some have made sweeping accusations toward all those who are of a religion or faith. So I thought I'd balance the books.

No offense intended. Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:28 pm
P.S., one must intend offence for me to be offended, and even then, I try to understand the why of it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:37 pm
Re: The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...
PoetSeductress wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Just a few thoughts

Why "fight"?
Again I mean on an intellectual level.

Fight bad ideas with better ideas. Dont let them get away with their pernicious nonsense. It is actually harmful. It hurts people.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:48 pm
Re: The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...
PoetSeductress wrote:
Letty wrote:

Fanatics of any kind are undesirable.

It is possible for us to coexist, if we try! For instance, I have a niece whose personal belief is Christian (but not fanatical). She is married to a Wiccan. They both love each other and are happy together. Each are considerate of the other's beliefs. When you love someone, this is not hard to do.

I also know of a woman who believes in God (but not fanatical) and her husband is athiest. They're both good-natured and accepting of the other, and it's never an issue between them because they truly love and respect each other. This is how it should be.

You can't control who you fall in love with, so why be unhappy? These are good lessons on how to get along, and appreciate each other for who we are.

Likewise, we can't control who our neighbor is, so why make yourself miserable by resisting the differences?

Just be happy.

Oh yeah forgot about that. They said something similar in WW1 and 2 and Vietnam didnt they?

See the man with the knife and the glint in his eye, well just be happy.

(How is one supposed to tolerate those who are intolerant of our very exisitence?)
0 Replies