The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:43 am
raheel wrote:
WHAT I MEAN IS IF THERE IS A GOD AND HE IS THE GOD OF CLASSICAL THEISM AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN HIM AND MOCK THOSE WHO DO BELIEVE IN HIM THEN CAN YOU SEE WHY THEY MIGHT BE CONSIDERED AS WRONGFUL PEOPLE WHO WILL GO TO HELL?

word- NO
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:39 am
Yeah, dys can see it - just won't admit it.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:41 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Tell me something honestly Raul7

Do you really believe that cloud is a sign from God any more than any other cloud could be considered a sign from God?

What more evidence do you need that God exists. The cloud is in the shape of the Arabic word 'Allah'. This is a clear sign, unlike the "faces" of the virgin Mary on a sandwich.

Hm, let's have a look...

http://www.al-imam.net/graphics/allahclouds.jpg

الله

This merely states to me that you have a vivid imagination, either that or the photograph was edited in Photoshop. Besides, there's clear differences between the clouds and the actual word. For example, the first two clouds on the right aren't long enough to represent the first two Arabic characters that make up Allah's name.

Did you know that Ireland the United Kingdom look like a kangaroo and a Koala? Perhaps that means there's something special about Koalas and Kangaroos?

A coincidence is not evidence that a god exists. Besides, you're reading it backwards. Those clouds clearly spell out the secret name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in the ancient nearly lost tongue of Linguine.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:57 pm
I hear that if you burn the book of mormon the ashes will spell out "Buy Coke"
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 03:02 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Tell me something honestly Raul7

Do you really believe that cloud is a sign from God any more than any other cloud could be considered a sign from God?

What more evidence do you need that God exists. The cloud is in the shape of the Arabic word 'Allah'. This is a clear sign, unlike the "faces" of the virgin Mary on a sandwich.
It has to be on a tortilla or it don't count.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:45 pm
Even if I bring you the clearest of signs you still won't admit, even though both you and I know it's the truth.

Here's another one-

http://www.al-imam.net/graphics/bees.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:59 pm
I hear if you burn a redneck, it stinks to high heaven.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 06:30 am
There are two types of excessively religious people, the deluded and the dangerously deluded. From what I've read of his posts, Raul falls into the former category.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
Steve, I also think it's beneficial to keep in mind a third catagory: complete idiots.

I don't think that certain people, like Raul here, is sincere at all in what he's rambling about. Maybe it's just me not wanting to accept that people can be so delusional, but I'd like to think that he's just here pulling are leg; he doesn't actually believe what he's talking about, he's just trying to joke around on an online forum.

Unfortunately, I could be wrong, and this is what makes me weep for our world. I have no hope, no expectations. We're all going to die, and at the hands of complete and utter lunatics.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:14 am
Sanctuary wrote:
We're all going to die, and at the hands of complete and utter lunatics.

Who's willing to argue against this? (My thought exactly, Sanctuary. :wink:
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:19 am
I think these guys are putting us on. And you are all falling for it.

Nobody, but I mean NOBODY, could be that stupid. Could they? I mean really, clouds, message in a box.

They are either very, very young or very, very ignorant and grew up living on rice and roaches in the gutters of a large city.

Oh please. C'mon folks, it's a con job!
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:41 am
dyslexia wrote:
I think ALL belief systems should be constantly challenged/ridiculed/bashed (including my own)

Here's where you're wrong. Challenged? Yes. Ridiculed, no. The only thing ridicule accomplishes is the hardening of your opponents heart. They will just cling that much more to their beliefs and give them more reason to resist.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:44 am
Chris, Jason,

Gather 'round. Everyone, indeed. It's story time. Did anyone forget a sleeping bag? I have an extra, it's Little Mermaid, in the linen closet.

I live in central Oklahoma. Otherwise known as The Bible Belt. I witness things that most can not even imagine every day. Every. Day.

School is where much of the population acts out their ignorance. We are required to have permission slips signed in order to learn about evolution and the HIV/AIDS virus. If anyone is uncomfortable with these topics, they are free to leave the classroom at any time.

I am extremely uncomfortable learning about the area of a Parallelogram. However, if I were to walk out mid-class, I would be reported instantly and would promptly receive ASD (after school detention) for three + days.

Don't think the "religious" type refuse to use this double standard to their advantage. I know of many students who have no problem engaging in premarital sex, taking part in 'recreational' drug and alcohol use and who could out-curse a sailor any day of the week that have walked out due to "moral reasons." Hmph.

Living in a state where Blue-Laws are notorious for being insanely pointless (it's illegal to walk backwards eating a hamburger in downtown OKC on Sunday, for instance) has prohibited me from doing daily activities out of respect for the Christian population. Inhabiting a town that produces a result of 161 churches (that's only my zipcode), according to YellowPages.com, has made me witness the power of many over the few. Attending a school wherein the students are allowed to remain ignorant about a deadly and rapidly spreading virus, skip out and various chapters in World History and Biology, refuse stay after school on Wednesdays (church sessions) and have a moment of prayer each morning I see the effects of fundamentalism and over-zealous religious folk daily. The attitudes of the people I'm surrounded with amaze me...Contradictions, hypocrisy. It never fails.

You've never seen religious until you've visited the mid-west.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:51 am
Sanctuary wrote:

Unfortunately, I could be wrong, and this is what makes me weep for our world. I have no hope, no expectations. We're all going to die, and at the hands of complete and utter lunatics.

Get a grip drama queen.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:56 am
Sanctuary wrote:
You've never seen religious until you've visited the mid-west.

Yes but it all comes back to one, basic flaw of human psyche. We left the caves almost 2 million years ago and our tribal and superstitious nature has stayed with us all this time.

I have had discussions with Islamic scholars and they are decidely not brainwashed, ignorant, or unyielding. Please, can we find some of the Islamic faith on these forums with just a little more insight and understanding than what I have seen to date?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:00 am
chris2a- I would suspect that there are many intelligent, articulate, thoughtful Islamists in the world. Problem is, they are not the ones who opt to blow themselves up!
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:02 am
John Creasy wrote:

Get a grip drama queen.

Oh my God.

Did you just call me a drama queen? Oh.. my God. Literally. Oh my God.

How could you say that? Excuse YOU. You're just a loser, so..whatever.

Oh my God.

</end sarcasm>

Rolling Eyes

Chris,

I agree - I am often confused by what to think about Islam; part of me knows that there are genuinely good people that follow it in a peaceful, compassionate way, while the other part of me sees what the extremists are doing to it's image and wonders if it's just not too late for Islam. Do you think that even if the educated did speak up, that it would help our understanding of it at all? it's gained such a horrible reputation already...
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:07 am
Its the few that blow themselves up in the the name of Allah that have put the middle east religious sects AND cultures in a bad light.

What we see on the news as terrorists are those individuals who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, let alone Islam.

I am not even a muslim and know better than that.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:38 am
Sanctuary wrote:
John Creasy wrote:

Get a grip drama queen.

Oh my God.

Did you just call me a drama queen? Oh.. my God. Literally. Oh my God.

How could you say that? Excuse YOU. You're just a loser, so..whatever.

Oh my God.

</end sarcasm>

Rolling Eyes

Chris,

I agree - I am often confused by what to think about Islam; part of me knows that there are genuinely good people that follow it in a peaceful, compassionate way, while the other part of me sees what the extremists are doing to it's image and wonders if it's just not too late for Islam. Do you think that even if the educated did speak up, that it would help our understanding of it at all? it's gained such a horrible reputation already...

I repeat, get a grip drama queen.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
John Creasy wrote:
[I repeat, get a grip drama queen.

Hey. I was a drama queen and soon I will be promoted to drag queen.

Let's here it for the queens! We are the choosen ones!
0 Replies