The Other Religion!!!! Go to Hell...

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Yeah well here's where I differ with pretty much all of you. I think ALL belief systems should be constantly challenged/ridiculed/bashed (including my own) I believe this would separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. This, of course, would include religion/science/politics/environmentalism/tofu and polka music.
not tofu Sad
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Steve...

Your very last statement

"And our progress can only be helped by cutting down and exposing the primitive and redundant belief systems of backward and repressive religions such as Islam" seems to be making somewhat of a judgment?...
I'm hurt that you think this "somewhat" judgemental. It is absolutely judgemental. Moreover it is a judgement made after pricisely one lifetime of consideration, and two tv programs by Richard Dawkins regarding this matter. I rest my case m'lord.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:44 pm
That's the first time someone told me they were hurt because I didn't use harsh enough words! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
That's the first time someone told me they were hurt because I didn't use harsh enough words! Laughing Laughing
Well us Brits are strange people. I've heard Lord Ellpus likes a good rollicking occasionally.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:23 pm
BM

(Nothing to say here that Steve1400 isn't already saying much more eloquently than I would)
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:55 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Yeah well here's where I differ with pretty much all of you. I think ALL belief systems should be constantly challenged/ridiculed/bashed (including my own) I believe this would separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. This, of course, would include religion/science/politics/environmentalism/tofu and polka music.

Then again, how can you question what God has given you? He is all-knowing and all-wise.

It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong). (Quran 3:3)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:25 pm
Raul-7

Sure, you've been told all that, but how do you know it's not all a bit fat fairy tale ?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:41 am
Raul-7

Can you tell me what the word allegory means? Do you know why allegories were developed throughout human history? Much of what you quote from your holy book bears a great deal of similarity to the allegories of other religions.

If all you can do is quote scripture, you really show as much versatility and intelligence as a conversant machine (that's a type of computer). I suppose, however, you are so deeply programmed that you cannot capture, sustain, and understand any insights you are offered from other members on the forum.

It would be nice if you could tell me something rather than try to teach me something. Show me what you understand about your religion, not what you know about it.

You could quote scripture and verse of your holy book all day long, but if you want to reach other people with your message of love and enlightenment, show me you can read and understand the book of another person's life. Isn't this where religion begins and ends?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:41 am
The Quran is not about the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), neither is the Gospel about Prophet Jesus's (PBUH) life. All the heavenly books are a guide to show people how to live their lives.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:51 am
Eorl wrote:
Raul-7

Sure, you've been told all that, but how do you know it's not all a bit fat fairy tale ?

Soon will We show them Our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things? (Quran Al Fussilat:53)

http://www.al-imam.net/graphics/allahclouds.jpg
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 06:40 am
Tell me something honestly Raul7

Do you really believe that cloud is a sign from God any more than any other cloud could be considered a sign from God?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:37 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Do you really believe that cloud is a sign from God any more than any other cloud could be considered a sign from God?

They're all signs from God. The sky's a book you see and every cloud represents a word. It's just one Heck of a chore reading it, that's all... Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:44 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

They're all signs from God. The sky's a book you see and every cloud represents a word. It's just one Heck of a chore reading it, that's all... Laughing
Would that they were pantheists.

And why is it that the Arabic name of God is seen in the snow on a hillside or in the clouds or even in a sliced aubergene but never as a food stain down the front of a shirt or in a pile of poo?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 11:21 am
I drank a hell of alot of beer once and pissed in the snow. When I looked back, I saw the face of the Eternal One telling me who would win the next Giant's game. I never pissed in the snow again. Too intense!
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:53 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

What more evidence do you need that God exists. The cloud is in the shape of the Arabic word 'Allah'. This is a clear sign, unlike the "faces" of the virgin Mary on a sandwich.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:56 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

What more evidence do you need that God exists. The cloud is in the shape of the Arabic word 'Allah'. This is a clear sign, unlike the "faces" of the virgin Mary on a sandwich.
I take that as a yes. What sandwich?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:59 pm
Oh Fred. Can you believe it? They are talking about our Virgin Mary sandwich again. I think we should raise the price and add some fries.

Oh, and I have a new idea for a sandwich with the face of one of those prophets from the middle east. Do you think its a good idea? We'll make it out of pork bellies and hog jowls. Wadda ya think Fred?

Fred?

FRED! ARE YOU ASLEEP AGAIN?

Eh...no Martha. I'm trying out your new Bhudda Bagel. The more I rub its belly, the happier it gets.
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:16 am
I THINK THERE IS A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEENING HATING PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS AND CLAIMING THAT PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS ARE WRONG!

AND WHATS WRONG WITH HATING EVIL?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:29 am
raheel wrote:
I THINK THERE IS A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEENING HATING PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS AND CLAIMING THAT PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS ARE WRONG!

AND WHATS WRONG WITH HATING EVIL?
Which religions are evil?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:39 am
WHAT I MEAN IS IF THERE IS A GOD AND HE IS THE GOD OF CLASSICAL THEISM AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN HIM AND MOCK THOSE WHO DO BELIEVE IN HIM THEN CAN YOU SEE WHY THEY MIGHT BE CONSIDERED AS WRONGFUL PEOPLE WHO WILL GO TO HELL?
0 Replies