Support freedom of the press - buy Danish products.

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:34 pm
Huh?

What lie did I tell, Zippo?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:36 pm
"Disapproving of Israel's policy is one thing. I do too."

you said that without giving me previous examples, you cant say that you do something and then do it when your asked to.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:37 pm
See . . . see how it is with them Dutchmen . . . ya just can't trust 'em . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:42 pm
Zippo wrote:
"Disapproving of Israel's policy is one thing. I do too."

you said that without giving me previous examples, you cant say that you do something and then do it when your asked to.

Uhmm ... I said I disapprove of Israel's policies. Well, I do. I just told you about it again, too. End of argument - nothing I need to "prove" to you about it.

Note that I didnt say, "I've often disagreed with Israel's policies on this forum", or anything ... because I stay away from any Israel/Palestine discussion forum thread, because they always only feature two sides bashing each other's head in, and the discussion never leads to nowhere <shrugs>.

Now, what point was it you were making about how in Europe, if you criticize Israel, you're prosecuted? That was your argument, right? That was the point we were discussing, right? Got anything on that still, or wanna run?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 04:51 pm
Ok, so i maybe i was wrong about the criticizing of Israel , so let me rephrase it.

Indeed the only freedom of speech left in the west is bashing Islam otherwise it does have its limits. In Europe you can be prosecuted for questioning the extant of the Holocaust , Israel and its bloody history is now the “Holy Grail” for the civilized west, the champions of human rights.

So lets talk about freedom of speech, take a look at the pic below.

Waddya say, do you see the double standards ?

http://www.bendib.com/newones/2006/february/2-5-Denmark-cartoons.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 06:23 pm
I suppose a picture of Jesus stabbing someone might be seen as rather offensive. Some of those cartoons were roughly that bad.

Not that I don't think this whole situation is being exploited, or that it excuses the violence...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies