Do i have the power to end a thread? ^^

neologist

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:50 pm
@Debacle,
I also have sleeping zombies lurking amongst the creative writing threads. The only sure way to kill a zombie, BTW, is to cause it to ingest salt. Makers of so called 'zombie killer' devices should be called to account for their omission of this vital information
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 05:18 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I also have sleeping zombies lurking amongst the creative writing threads. The only sure way to kill a zombie, BTW, is to cause it to ingest salt. Makers of so called 'zombie killer' devices should be called to account for their omission of this vital information

Oh I don't know. The garlic thing always worked pretty well for me. I ingest enough garlic and it will keep all zombies away. Also everyone else I know, including my wife.
neologist

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:13 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
The trick is to get it inside the zombie.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:37 pm
@neologist,
What's the good in that? So you can sense them getting near?

Here's a new thread you might be interested in:
http://able2know.org/topic/215954-1
Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 08:16 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Looking back to the title I have been wondering if this is solar power or nuclear or possibly some other form of power for ending the thread.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 08:25 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Re: neologist (Post 5352898)
What's the good in that? So you can sense them getting near?

Here's a new thread you might be interested in:

Andy, you old haint! Is that you posing under a new nom de plume - what is it? Rise & Shine?

No need tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes, I've known you too long and can see clean thru ya. Besides, I checked out the profile, the tags have you down pat, exceptin' maybe the bit about parenting; never considered you on that score.

And then the post you made there, the grossest example of flagrant self-promotin' I ever saw. Sheesh fire, you old zombie!

neologist

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:33 pm
@Debacle,
No sooner than things get settled down andbam!
Another Debacle!
Debacle

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 08:22 am
@neologist,
Aye, worse than the hydra's head, the divils are legion; one even went by the name.

Best keep the garlic salt to hand, tread softly and carry a big stick.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 02:10 pm
@Debacle,
Ahh, I wish I could claim credit for that quite inspirational post, so well and succinctly indited. But, no, I'm afeared I'm not Rinse&Shine or whatever that fine writer's nom de net is. We need more thoughtful threads like that on this forum.
Debacle

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 04:01 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Ahh, I wish I could claim credit for that quite inspirational post, so well and succinctly indited. ... We need more thoughtful threads like that on this forum.

We do indeed, Andy. That's precisely the reason I suspected it to be you, a man who in his time has played many parts, whose life is gentle, and the elements so mixed in him that nature might stand up and say to all the world, "This guy is really something!"
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 04:07 pm
@Debacle,
Just so long as we don't attempt a definition of "something", that's fine.
Debacle

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 05:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I thought 'something' was a definition. Or is it the object of a proposition; like an objet d'art in a pawn shop or a pretty woman standing under a street light?

Whatever it is, I recall filching it from Shakespeare and tossing it about a time or two. I gather the bird meant it to stand for 'a man' or a 'real man.' Certainly not some zombie blighter.

A compliment, to wit.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 06:14 pm
@Debacle,
As long as the object of this conversation is the subject, I do deeply regret making you the subject of an objective evaluation here. For, after all, who would fardles bear (whatever they are) to grunt and sweat? Please know that the Shakespearean derivation was not lost on me; however, inasmuch as I had no intent (either with or without malice aforethought) of accepting an unmerited compliment, I chose, instead to suffer the slings and arrows of that outrageous magazine called the Fortune 500 and ignore the allusion to Brad of Avon.

At any rate, it's good to have you back on the Zombie threads, D. As long as we stay away from the politics discourses, we should be all right here.
Debacle

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 07:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Noo fass frae me, Andy. I ken nuthin' aboot th' muck, and as me mither affen pu' it, "Laddie, dinna meddle wi' thins ye ken nuthin' aboot."

Staid me richt weel a fou 90 year, gi' or tak' a score.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 07:13 pm
@timberlandko,
If only we could resurrect you, dear bird. This thread could go on forever.
http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/e/eagle/graphics-eagle-678370.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 06:01 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Fardels? They ain't nuttin'.

0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 07:46 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Hearken, Andrei! Methought I heard a voice, a deep southern twang, drawlin' 'Don't hand me yer fardles! Lay off mah duff.'
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 08:01 am
@Debacle,
"Hello? Hello? Is that option 3? Hello?....Customer Service?...Hello?...."
jespah

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 08:23 am
Got a large pie with extra cheese and motor oil, for a Mister Yaswas?
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 09:02 am
@Lordyaswas,
Goooood mornin' ... Debacle's Live Bait an' Dynamite Emporum, wheah servuss is goldun. How might could Ah hep yew? Faw espanyawl priss one. Faw ebontics priss too. To heah this missege oncet moh priss nahn. Ta spik with an oprater, hang up 'n dahl naught. Y'all hev a nahs day, y'heah?
0 Replies