farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 10:10 am
aw yeh, HOJO's fried clam friday, all youse can eat with tartar sauce .

You could build a free standing masonry building out of Starbucks pastries
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 10:27 am
Perhaps using the sticky beans as mortar...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 10:31 am
ya know I just thought a moment. If someone goes and googles "Starbucks" they are sure gonna get a difference in opinions about their product just from this thread.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 09:07 pm
This is about Starbucks, tangentially maybe, but still about Starbucks.

One of the mysteries of living in New York is you never know what will make the news. You can be walking down Seventh Ave and see three police cars careening through traffic in hot pursuit of something far ahead of them while overhead the heavy hum of a helicopter or two fills the air.

"Wow!!" you say to your companions, "What's all that about?!"

You will never know. Tune in the radio that afternoon, nothing on the Seventh Ave chase, not a word. Check out Channel One, News All Day and Night, nope, nada. Local newscasts at six reveal nothing and the next day's paper of record, the New York Times and the world's highest quality fishwrapper, the New York Daily News contain not a word, no helicopters, no squadcars with screaming sirens.

You can be down the block and see four fire engines and an ambulance as I did at Sixteenth and Eighth yesterday morning about 7:30AM. They had Eighth Avenue shut down. There were men with fireaxes, something I have sometimes wanted to carry at Eighth Ave and Sixteenth at times earlier in the morning than 7:30. Hoses had been stretched down Sixteenth Street towards the Jamaican restaurant and the Oo La La Laundry. People were staring out the window at Starbucks. That's right. People at Starbucks were gawking. There's your news story. People at Starbucks do not gawk. They do not. They stare laser-like at their newspapers looking for the article on the wild pursuit on Seventh Ave yesterday and, not finding it, read yet another editorial piece on Cheney's idiotic sense of himself. They have a bite of low-fat cinnamon-swirl coffeecake, they do not gawk.

I tuned to 1010 WINS, news every ten minutes, weather every ten minutes, sports every -- well, you get the idea. Nothing about the fire in Chelsea. Four fire trucks, an ambulance and men with fireaxes can't get a mention, they did report that Cheney had turned the blame regarding the shooting onto himself and, added as an aside, that in regards to intelligence matters he has the power to declassify information. Oh, that's why it took so long, but what about the fire?

Still no word.

J
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:21 am
If you go into Lancaster (Pa) by route 30, there is a Starbucks near a bunch of the tourist traps and across from a cigar outlet. Rt 30 is a congested hiway, but its only one block wide, so behind route 30 is a huge expanse of farm fields and Amish farms. Often the Amish kids will come down to the Starbucks and park their buggies and buy coffees at Starbucks. Its a weird juxtaposition of cultures. The AMish customers are usually kids because , in their church, they have a policy of "Rhumspringe" which loosely means "goin bananas". The Amish kids can try anything of the world until they join the church.
So, like in Canada , where many signs are in French, there are some signs that accompany the "Starbuck speak" like Vente has a slash andthe word "groster" .
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:27 am
cjhsa wrote:
Yeah but Starbucks doesn't have all you can eat fried clams on Fridays.

Dang! That was some good eating...I still like em on a bun
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:30 am
I just remembered that I have several Starbucks gift cards buried in my wallet.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:37 am
What goes
Clip....Clop
Clip....Clop
Clip....Clop
Clip..Clop
Clip..Clop
ClipClopClipClopClipClopClipClopClipClopClipClopClipClopClipClop
?

An Amish kid in a buggy when the caffeine kicks in.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:53 am
splffff
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:56 am
lighten up, panzade. At least give George a courtesy laugh.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:07 am
clop clop clop clop clop (BLAM) (BLAM) clop clop clop

AMISH DRIVE BY
0 Replies