Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:18 am
bluebaby,

I completely understand what you are saying and feeling. What I am trying to tell you is Yes, there are people who do not believe that one's religious beliefs are sacred and are instead open to criticism. I have spoken against this very same thing concerning my beliefs. I am afraid you will not be very successful in stopping this kind of thing from happening.

You cannot change anyone's behavior but your own. I have come to understand that more and more everyday. If they ridicule God or my beliefs I am just going to ignore them. To feed into their comments will only bring on more of the same.

I hope this helps.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:31 am
bluebaby--

Why don't you tell us the truth about the Holocaust?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:39 am
Lash wrote:
bluebaby--

haven't you heard, it never happened :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:44 am
<I dare her>

Meanwhile, I'm lovin your quote. Who's Billy Sol? LOL!!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:02 pm
Lash wrote:
bluebaby--

Please, God, no. I really don't want to know.

I think that maybe had this sort of insult come from within the Islamic world, there might have been less of a stink about it. The life of Brian was hilarious and controversial, but it came from people who would know. The fact is that, rightly or not, a lot of muslims think that the western world (ie. christianity) is launching an assault on their faith, way of life, culture, whatever and cartoons like these just put fuel on the fire.

The cartoonist had a right to draw it, the papers had a right to publish it, but I believe their motive was to offend, to provoke, to flip the proverbial bird to every muslim in the world. And that was stupid. So is rioting.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:05 pm
Freeduck, of course it was.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:13 pm
Who needs cartoons?

WASH YOUR EARS FROM INSIDE IF YOU WAKE UP LATE

If you wake up late in the morning and miss the fajr prayer, Satan who spends the night in your nose walks out and urinates in your ears. It results in ear infection.

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 21, Number 245:
Narrated 'Abdullah :
A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, "Satan urinated in is ears."

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 492:

Narrated 'Abdullah:
It was mentioned before the Prophet that there was a man who slept the night till morning (after sunrise). The Prophet said, "He is a man in whose ears (or ear) Satan had urinated."
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:16 pm
More good knowledge

Avoid Sicknesses By Clean Islamic Habbits

HOW TO CLEAN YOURSELF AFTER DEFECATING, THE ISLAMIC WAY

Apostle of God used to clean himself after defecation using only odd number of stones. That is the sunna (examples set by Muhammad). Muslims living in U.S. can go to Home Depot and buy a bag of gravel for this purpose (the used gravel can be good landscaping material).

Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 163:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, " whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do so with odd numbers"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:07 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
The cartoonist had a right to draw it, the papers had a right to publish it, but I believe their motive was to offend, to provoke, to flip the proverbial bird to every muslim in the world. And that was stupid. So is rioting.

Leave it up to FreeDuck to summarise my opinion in three lines ... saves me a lot of typing!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:05 pm
Lash wrote:
<I dare her>

Meanwhile, I'm lovin your quote. Who's Billy Sol? LOL!!

it's a character played by the late john candy (see avatar) in his youth (SCTV), billy sol ran a morning farm report that doubled as a film review, he loved movies that things blew up in, the segment was later changed to farm film celebrity blow up and they used to blow up famous people
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 03:55 pm
Danish, Norweigan embassies set ablaze

Updated: 2:14 p.m. ET Feb. 4, 2006

DAMASCUS, Syria - Several thousand Syrian demonstrators set the Danish and the Norwegian embassies on fire on Saturday to protest at the publishing of cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed by European newspapers.

The protest marked an escalation in the Muslim world's uproar over the cartoons, which have been reprinted in a number of European publications. One depicted Prophet Mohammed wearing a turban resembling a bomb.

The fire badly damaged the Danish embassy's

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:14 pm
I remember!! I used to watch it. I'd forgotten the punchline.

"He blowed her up real good!"

Freeduck-- nimhster--

If we coddle one group, and hold them out for special consideration over all the other groups, how is that a good thing? Don't we condition them to expect, and demand, preferential treatment--to our detriment and theirs?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:15 pm
Which group is that?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:16 pm
That ol' John Candy, he blowed up real good his own self . . . i also greatly enjoyed the fishin' musician segments . . . SCTV was prime entertainment . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:19 pm
The one we were talking about, Duckie. But, it would apply to any one group.

<nods in homage to Levy, Martin, the beer brothers...Those silly Canadians...>
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:22 pm
It's not a matter of coddling. It's a matter of recognizing current events and guessing as to what the effect of one's words/actions/depictions will be.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:28 pm
I hear that muslims are upset not only because the cartoon ridicules the prophet, Mohammed, but that it is blaphemous merely to depict him whether it be in a unfavorable or favorable way. I've seen works of muslim art that depict the prophet in religious settings. Is this a contradiction? I wonder. It was my understanding that the proscription against depiction pertain only to Allah "himself". But it also seems to me that when muslims refer to Allah as a male, as in "Allah is God, and Mohammed is HIS prophet", they are verbally depicting Him in terms of his maleness.
I would like to have a knowledgeable muslim clear this up for me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:30 pm
Freeduck--

I guess that's one way to look at it.

The way I look at it is we have several religions which have been around since the dawn of time, practically. There's only one that feels they have the right to kill people, who criticise their religion. Following that delusion as if it's credible, is a big mistake.

They should be assimilated into the global community.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:39 pm
Lash, I understand and agree. I also think that the beliefs of one religion should be binding on the behavior of people who do not share that religion's beliefs. Christians believe that God CAN be depicted. And if they also believe there is only one God, and "Allah" is one of His many names, they believe that "Allah" CAN be depicted. Muslims, however, SHOULD NOT make visual depictions of Allah for that is a proscription of THEIR religion.
Now, am I in danger for saying that? I do think that Pat Robertson has a hit out on me for my bad thoughts. I have no idea how got into my head, but I AM guilty.
We must keep in mind, however, that not all muslims believe in the assasination of Islam's critics, only its Islamists fundamentalists, the muslim equivalents of Robertson.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:40 pm
It is the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia that is feeding this fundamentalism. They fund all the mosques and indirectly foment violence.
0 Replies