Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:59 pm
Au1929,

Ok, I can understand your thinking here, but let me ask you a question. Do you think that every Muslim believes that they should murder as you are suggesting?

Do you believe that all the deaths committed in the name of any religion should be attributed to every single person that believes in that particular religion?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:19 pm
Momma
You miss the point. Whether every Moslem believes that way or not is not relevant. What is-is that the religion advocates it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:21 pm
Au1929,

Ok, if the Muslim religion does advocate it then I think it's wrong. However, there are many that will say that the Bible advocates some of the same line of thinking. Now, I don't happen to believe that it does. So, where would you stand concerning the Bible?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:29 pm
The bible both the Old and New testaments are just a series of man made myths and fairy tales. And it describes a vengeful God. However, to my knowledge it never advocates wanton killing and suicide. In fact those actions would be considered to be sins.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 08:48 pm
Whew! Had me scared there for a minute, Au! You are right. They would be sins.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:05 pm
Momma
Say a little prayer for me, I have to cover all the bases. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to get the results of tests I recently took and what, can be done medically to treat the condition. Of course treatment is based on the stage of the disease. He insisted I come in rather than give me a heads up over the phone. In any event say a little prayer for me every little bit helps.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:07 pm
It would be my pleasure Au1929. Please let me know what happens?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:18 pm
Hey, good luck, au.

I like how Noddy put it: "I'm not a praying woman, but I am a creature of forceful thoughts."

Will be thinking of you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:21 pm
yep, best wishes and crossed fingers from me too, au.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:54 pm
Good luck, au. He probably just wants you to come in so he can bill for an office visit.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:52 pm
I'll be thinking forcefully positive thoughts, and praying for you, au.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:02 pm
Well, it's not quite kosher to say tehillim for Au's, but I'll go with it. Smile
Good luck!

Momma:
Quote:
Ok, if the Muslim religion does advocate it then I think it's wrong. However, there are many that will say that the Bible advocates some of the same line of thinking. Now, I don't happen to believe that it does. So, where would you stand concerning the Bible?

The point is that millions of Muslims support the most violent and vile aspects of Islam. Those who do not support these vile aspects of Islam also do not condemn it! They excuse it. This is a problem.
I do not know of any Jews or Christians who support any of the violence depicted in the bible. There may be a few thousand who actually believe that it is okay to kill innocent people because they believe the bible condones it - but even that sounds high to me. Either way - millions of Jews and Christians condemn, categorically, other Jews or Christians who believe that the bible condones violence against innocents. There is no excuse for deliberately murdering innocents. And neither Judaism nor Jews nor Christianity nor Christians accepts any excuse for doing so.

Millions upon millions of Muslims advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:52 pm
Re: Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!
roger wrote:
PPatience wrote:
We, Muslims, respect Jesus and all other prophets. It is blasphemous to insult any prophet! If a Muslim dishonored a prophet, he will go to hell FOREVER!!

If we respect ur prophets, why dont u respect ours?!

You might think it's quite broadminded to acknowledge Jesus as a prophet, but Christians tend to think of him as one aspect of God.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:20 am
Well of course.

Who could require more evidence than 6 paragraphs from a book?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:02 am
Moishe3rd wrote:
Millions upon millions of Muslims advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

I see Moishe is up to his usual racist bigotry . . .

Millions upon millions of Jews advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Millions upon millions of Christians advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Millions upon millions of Hindus advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Millions upon millions of Right-handed people advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Billions upon billions of hysterically fanatical hating bigots have, throughout history, attempted to demonize people who are different to facilitate the slaughter of those whom they fear and despise . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:35 am
As usual Set is spot on. We must all be careful not to demonise other people. And we must all be careful to understand that there are people around who are interested in doing just that.

I dont believe religion is at the heart of the violence we see. It might be used to justify violent acts (which otherwise would be merely criminal) or even incentivise "martyrdom operations"...thats why I think the cartoon showing the martyr arriving at the gate of heaven only to be told they have run out of virgins is quite valuable...

but the real cause of terror and violence is not excessive reading of the bible or the koran but struggles here on earth today for control of land (Palestine, Sudan) oil (middle east, Nigeria) or political independence (Aceh province, Indonesia) etc etc. In other words men fight about things of this world but justify their barbarism with images of the next. (But not cartoons obviously)

except for Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/l/leonardo_da_vinci.asp
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 06:39 am
Setanta wrote:
Moishe3rd wrote:

I see Moishe is up to his usual racist bigotry . . .

Millions upon millions of Jews advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Millions upon millions of Christians advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Millions upon millions of Hindus advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Millions upon millions of Right-handed people advocate or condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents. This is not good.

Billions upon billions of hysterically fanatical hating bigots have, throughout history, attempted to demonize people who are different to facilitate the slaughter of those whom they fear and despise . . .

I don't believe Muslims are a race.
Nor are the rest of your fantastics.
So, millions upon millions of Muslims do not advocate, condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents?
How odd.
They really ought to be informed... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:13 am
Moishe3rd wrote:

How very sloppy of me . . . i ought to have specifically referred to your hateful religious bigotry--thanks for pointing that out for me.

Quote:

The charitable course is to assume that you know how to use the Engtlish language properly, despite what appears to be evidence to the contrary. Therefore, i looked for a definition of fantastic as a noun, rather than an adjective. The only definition for fantastic which i can find which specifies its use as a noun refers to an eccentric person. Would that it were true that only eccentric people are hateful bigots--however, i'd say the evidence is good that hateful bigotry is a very widely spread trait.

Quote:
So, millions upon millions of Muslims do not advocate, condone or excuse the deliberate murder of innocents?
How odd.

Yes, how very odd--you need to make up your mind. Just a few posts ago, you were asserting the exact opposite.

Quote:
They really ought to be informed... (idiotic emoticon removed in the interest of good taste)

Why, what makes you think Muslims would be interested in your apparent inability to make and maintain a coherent argument?
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:39 am
Setanta wrote:
Moishe3rd wrote:

How very sloppy of me . . . i ought to have specifically referred to your hateful religious bigotry--thanks for pointing that out for me.

Quote:

The charitable course is to assume that you know how to use the Engtlish language properly, despite what appears to be evidence to the contrary. Therefore, i looked for a definition of fantastic as a noun, rather than an adjective. The only definition for fantastic which i can find which specifies its use as a noun refers to an eccentric person. Would that it were true that only eccentric people are hateful bigots--however, i'd say the evidence is good that hateful bigotry is a very widely spread trait.

Quote:
How odd.

Yes, how very odd--you need to make up your mind. Just a few posts ago, you were asserting the exact opposite.

Quote:
They really ought to be informed... (idiotic emoticon removed in the interest of good taste)

Why, what makes you think Muslims would be interested in your apparent inability to make and maintain a coherent argument?

Laughing
Do you believe that some Muslims advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents?
Do you believe that one could apply a number to which would encompass those Muslims that do advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents?
Would this be more than 10?
More than 1,000?
More than 100,000?
More than 1,000,000?
Or do you believe that numbers are irrelevant in the context of discussing whether or not a particular religious group is prone to advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents?
Would you say that because 200 people who call themselves Christians advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents, that this is the same or equally as irrelevant as a million Hindus advocating, condoning or excusing the murder of innocents?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:01 am
Re: Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!
Raul-7 wrote:

So you're using the Quran to prove that the Christian Jesus was a prophet, not the son of God. Makes about as much sense as anything else I guess.
0 Replies