Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!

Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:17 am
Re: Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!
PPatience wrote:
If you said it is freedom of speech, well, but ur freedom ends at the lines of others! You dont want anyone to call your father names, or make fun of your mom, and then say, it is freedom of speech! Right?!

That is true, but that is not what freedom is about. Freedom means that you have the right to do things I don't want you to, and that I have the right to do things you don't want me to. If you don't like caricatures of Muhammed, don't buy newspapers that contain them. But just because a Danish newspaper published those caricatures, that is no excuse for violence against Danes who had nothing to do with this.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:05 pm
http://pewglobal.org/reports/images/248-30.gif

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?PageID=814
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:11 pm
Thomas wrote:
Freedom means that you have the right to do things I don't want you to, and that I have the right to do things you don't want me to.

With all my due respect, I disagree.
There is no such thing as rule-less freedom. Like everything in life, freedom also must have rules and limits. For example, you're free to favor any type of music to listen to, but not free to pump up the volume of your stereo in the middle of the night and wake the entire neighborhood. You're not free to publish anti-semitic content, or question the holocaust. You're free to choose to be a non-religion, but you should not be free to insult other people's faithes.

Thomas wrote:
But just because a Danish newspaper published those caricatures, that is no excuse for violence against Danes who had nothing to do with this.

We - Muslims - love Prophet Muhammad (may Peace and Blessings be upon him) so much. We love him more than our families, more than ourselves. What the newspapers have done is a crime against the best of human beings, Prophet Muhammad (may Peace and Blessings be upon him).

Your (and my) Creator says: "Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment." [Glorious Qur'an 33:57]
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:14 pm
muslim1 wrote:
Your (and my) Creator says: "Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment." [Glorious Qur'an 33:57]

If that's the case, then there's no reason to anything about it, right? Let God deal with it, and the rest of us can go about living our lives.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:25 pm
muslim1 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Freedom means that you have the right to do things I don't want you to, and that I have the right to do things you don't want me to.

With all my due respect, I disagree. There is no such thing as rule-less freedom.

There is indeed no such thing as rule-less freedom, and I didn't say that there is. I only said that the disapproval of others of what I am doing does not by itself justify a prohibition. There is a lot of room between my liberty to do some things you don't me want to -- which I have -- and the right to do everything you don't want me to -- which I don't have.

muslim1 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
But just because a Danish newspaper published those caricatures, that is no excuse for violence against Danes who had nothing to do with this.

We - Muslims - love Prophet Muhammad (may Peace and Blessings be upon him) so much. We love him more than our families, more than ourselves. What the newspapers have done is a crime against the best of human beings, Prophet Muhammad (may Peace and Blessings be upon him).

Are you saying this to explain the violence against Danes throughout the Islamic world, or are you saying this to justify such violence? You are responding to a section where I talk about this violence, but your position on it remains unclear to me.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:27 pm
Thomas wrote:

muslim1 wrote:

There's a word for this.

fa·nat·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:42 pm
Thanks for your opinion, Questioner. Do you feel better now?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:47 pm
Thomas wrote:
Thanks for your opinion, Questioner. Do you feel better now?

You're implying I felt poorly beforehand? I grow tired of this question being asked every time I make a statement. Perhaps if you feel it inappropriate you can avoid drawing further attention to it by not replying.

The statement that someone mocking the 'beloved prophet Muhammad' is a 'crime against the best of human beings' is both laughable and ridiculous. When such a statement is made, people will point it out and comment.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:02 pm
Thomas wrote:
There is a lot of room between my liberty to do some things you don't me want to -- which I have -- and the right to do everything you don't want me to -- which I don't have.

And the worst thing I don't want you (or anyone else) to do, is to approve what the newspapers published regarding our beloved Prophet, Muhammad (May Peace and Blessings be upon him), the Greatest human being ever.

Thomas wrote:
Are you saying this to explain the violence against Danes throughout the Islamic world, or are you saying this to justify such violence? You are responding to a section where I talk about this violence, but your position on it remains unclear to me.

And the word "violence" you used thrice here remains unclear to me.
- Do you mean the large protests that are spreading throughout the Islamic world? This is freedom.
- Do you mean burning the danish flags? This is also freedom.
- Or do you mean boycotting danish product?

You agreed that there is no such thing as rule-less freedom, and since there is no more annoying thing for us than what "jyllands posten" has done, and because the danish government has no law protecting Muslims, we will firmly boycott all danish products until their government (which is beginning to daily lose millions of Euros) is obliged to prohibit such crimes.

May the Peace and Blessings of almighty God be upon Muhammad, His last and final Messenger.
"We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures."[Glorious Qur'an 21:107]
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:05 pm

Interesting report and webpage.
Thanks.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:08 pm
You are quite welcome.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:44 pm
Momma
I want to thank you and all for your concern and good wishes. Thankfully the news could not have been much better. The condition is in it's early stage and there is a 70% chance I never have any effects from it. Should it progress beyond the present stage there are medications available for it's treatment. . As for now all that needs be done is to monitor the condition thru blood tests.
Again thank all for there concern and good wishes.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:51 pm
That's good news, au. Thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:58 pm
Au1929,

I am so very thrilled to hear that! Such wonderful news for you!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 03:32 pm
That sounds really promising, au. Thanks for updating us.
0 Replies

bluebaby

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 03:49 pm
au1929 wrote:
Momma
How and why should anyone show respect to the religious beliefs of Islam. When they show none to those of other faiths The concepts of freedom of religion and expression are foreign to them.

Isee that u r only trying to condemn ISLAM and to show that it's not a good religion ..and that Muslims r all savages (stereotyping) ok why don't u behave in a more civilised manner and never talk about ISLAM &MUSLIMS ..leave ISLAM alone, can u dare to talk about the jews, the holocaust,who tortured the Christ or this will be considered anti-semitism? try to be fair and don't talk about issues that u totally ignore
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 03:57 pm
bluebaby wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Momma
How and why should anyone show respect to the religious beliefs of Islam. When they show none to those of other faiths The concepts of freedom of religion and expression are foreign to them.

Isee that u r only trying to condemn ISLAM and to show that it's not a good religion ..and that Muslims r all savages (stereotyping) ok why don't u behave in a more civilised manner and never talk about ISLAM &MUSLIMS ..leave ISLAM alone, can u dare to talk about the jews, the holocaust,who tortured the Christ or this will be considered anti-semitism? try to be fair and don't talk about issues that u totally ignore

HOW DARE YOU WRITE ABOUT THE GLORIOUS ISLAMISTS PEACE AND MERCY BE UPON THEM FOREVER, IN SUCH HORRIBLE SYNTAX! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR IGNORANT GET! DO NOT BE SPREADING THE LIES AND DECEIT OF IGNORANCE UPON THOSE OF WHOM YOU KNOW NOTHING YOU LYING DOG!!!!112

etc. etc. Honestly, does this rhetoric never get boring to you guys?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 05:07 pm
Moishe3rd wrote:
Do you believe that some Muslims advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents?
Do you believe that one could apply a number to which would encompass those Muslims that do advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents?
Would this be more than 10?
More than 1,000?
More than 100,000?
More than 1,000,000?
Or do you believe that numbers are irrelevant in the context of discussing whether or not a particular religious group is prone to advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents?
Would you say that because 200 people who call themselves Christians advocate, condone or excuse the murder of innocents, that this is the same or equally as irrelevant as a million Hindus advocating, condoning or excusing the murder of innocents?

What i believe is that you are attempting to slander an entire class of people called Muslims based upon an inferential accusation that Muslims are more likely than Jews, or Christians, or Hindus, or Animists or any other category of persons defined by religion, to be murderously violent.

You have provided no evidence for your case . . . therefore, you have no case. You are left with your vicious religious bigotry plain for all to see.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 05:09 pm
muslim1 wrote:
And the word "violence" you used thrice here remains unclear to me.
- Do you mean the large protests that are spreading throughout the Islamic world? This is freedom.
- Do you mean burning the danish flags? This is also freedom.
- Or do you mean boycotting danish product?

I have no fundamental problem with any of these -- though I do find it unfair and cowardly to punish every single Dane for the actions of one Danish newspaper. When I said violence, I meant the storming of the European Union's office in Gaza, and the threats of physicall assaults on Danish citizens. My question was what your position on these is.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 05:09 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies