Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!

Perplexed

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:45 pm
I find that last remark hurtful and insensitive.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:56 pm
Sorry, I had to pawn my 'kid gloves' to make rent.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:02 pm
Perplexed,

Ok, let me jump in here really quick. There are some on A2K that just flat out seem to have no respect for other people, other people's belief systems, etc., and some do. You will get to know who they are the longer you hang around.

Right now, I think everyone is pretty gunshy because of what has been going on in the world. It's pretty common for every person to take some hits due to their belonging to a certain group sometimes. I really don't think anyone deep down means it. I think it's just a bit easier for people to vent some on a forum like this but if you met them in public I am sure you would find them to be quite different.

So, try not to take it too personally and if you can, just let as much roll off your back as possible. Some will respect what you say and some won't. That's just the way of A2K.

I haven't welcomed you to A2K and I am sorry for that. So, welcome and I do hope that you can find some friends here. There ARE plenty of nice folk on A2K. You've already met, Nimh? Very nice folk, indeed. Laughing

Peace be with you.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:25 am
I agree wholeheartedly with MommaAngel re the trying not to take it too personally, though it is tough when it is your group, belief system, etc. that is being attacked.

Those who try to throw all Muslims into the Islamofacist terrorist camp are just plain wrong and I hope there are enough postings already on even just this thread to show that very few, if any, of us believe all pr most Moslems are bad. Most thinking and/or educated people know that it is a small faction of Islam that commits the horrible atrocities that make the front pages almost every day. Some criticism is justified. Most is not.

Those of us who profess Christianity when the ignorant and prejudiced try to paint our religion as nothing but evil, narrow minded, judgmental people too. Some Christians in fact are. But most are not. Some criticism is justified. Most is not.

The trick is being able to stand back and be critical of our own where justified, and to defend our own when justified. But except for a few rather indelicate (and uneducated) types, nobody is blaming the individual Moslem or Christian or Mohammed or Jesus the Christ.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:59 am
Perplexed wrote:
I find that last remark hurtful and insensitive.
Welcome to A2K, Perplexed. When I joined someone advised me to post what I want, pay attention to those I chose to and most importantly to ignore whomever I chose. It was good advice. :wink:
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 12:38 pm
I recently came across a beautiful article about Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). Here is an approximate translation of it (the original article was in Arabic):

"
Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)

No one studied closely the life of the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) except he/she gave him credit: Some of them considered him as one of the greatest reformists, others classified him as a great revolutionist. Dr. Michael H. Hart, the American author of The Hundred: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History, called Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) "the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels."

We are not against criticism, questions or studies, on the contrary. However, what we denounce is the deliberate distortion of the life and character of the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) for political or religious reasons, or simply because of ignorance.

And above all, does the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) need someone to defend him? Does he need a lawyer, he who spent his whole life in conveying a guidance message not only to his family, tribe or the Arabs, but to all the creatures: "We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures." [Glorious Qur'an 21:107].
Many people are unable to understand this unique relationship between the Islamic Nation and its leader, this eternal meeting and perpetual love between Muslims and the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him).

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He never forgot us, Muslims were always on his memory, he spent his life for our benefit.

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). His highly important position (Messenger of God) never undermined his modesty and simplicity. Once, a man came to the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him); In the presence of such a great Man (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him), he felt agitated and excited. The Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) then said to him: "No, no... Calm yourself. I am not a king nor an emperor, I am only the child of a woman of Quraich who used to eat the Kaddid (a sort of food usually eaten by poor people).

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He was so modest in his living standards. His wife, the mother of the believers Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: "The family of Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) was often hungry due to the lack of food in his house (...) Usually (practically always) we ate nothing but dates and water!"

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He used to sleep on a hardened (solid) bed, which caused prints on his back. Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) saw him and cried for this situation. Some of the companions of the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) prepared a softer bed for him, he refused and said: "I have nothing to do with this world. I and this world are like a traveller in a very hot day, who stood under a tree for a short period of time, and then left it forever".

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). After his own people expelled him out of Makkah, he said, full of sorrow, sadness and grief: "You are (Makkah) the dearest land to my heart, and did your people not expel me out, I would have never left you".
After 8 years, when he returned victorious to Makkah, he (in his unique mercy) said to those same people who tortured and expelled him and his companions: "Today I forgive and pardon you. You can go, you are free".

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He was a Prophet in the revelation, a Messenger in delivering God's Message, a lovely human being at home with his family. Once, he was leading the believers in prayer. Hasan (his grand-son), who was still a child, would come to him while he was in prostration, and sit on his back or sometimes on his neck. The Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) would lift him tenderly.

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He was very close to the Nation's affairs and issues, living its happiness and sadness. When Muslims were digging a trench around Madinah to prevent the pagans' (and their allies) attack, he (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) was also digging. Muslims used to tie a stone on their stomach to control the feeling of hunger, while Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) tied two stones out of severe hunger. He was really the perfect example of patience, consistency and sacrifice.

Do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) would see the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) standing in prayer at night so much that his feet would crack. She would ask him, "Why do you do this when Allah has forgiven all your sins, the past and anything you may do in the future?" And he would reply, "Shouldn't I be a thankful slave?"

These were very small glimpses of the extraordinary life of the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). The pen and the keyboard are unable to describe how we love the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He is the real symbol of Islamic unity. So, do not blame us for so much loving the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)."
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:16 am
that post would be half the length and much more readable if (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) was LEFT OUT.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:31 am
I think it would be more coherent if ALL the words were left out.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:52 am
It worries me that Muslim1 loves Mohammed (who is dead) "more than her parents her child or her life", (who are not)...

OK Muslim1 I know nothing about you, whether you have living parents or children etc etc. but the gist of your post a few days ago was that you did indeed love Mohammed more than your own life and family.

I think you should get your priorities right. I dont think its healthy to be fixated on the memory of someone who died 1400 years ago.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:51 am
Thank you Steve for your important remarks,

Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
that post would be half the length and much more readable if (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) was LEFT OUT.

I am following what your Creator almighty Allah commands us in His Book: "Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect" [Glorious Qur'an 33:56]

Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
It worries me that Muslim1 loves Mohammed (who is dead) "more than her parents her child or her life", (who are not)...

I am following what the best of creatures, Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) says in an authentic Hadith: "By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, none of you truly believes until I am dearer to him than his own self, his wealth, his children and all the people".

And it is my extreme happiness and optimal joy to follow what my Creator almighty Allah and His final Messenger (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 09:49 am
Perplexed wrote:
Questioner wrote:
PPatience wrote:
you dont have any other answer?! This is ur answer to all posts!

It's the only type of answer your drivel warrants.

Why is asking for the same respect given you 'drivel'?

I'm starting to see a definite anti-muslim bias on this board.

It's not an anti-muslim bias, it's an anti-moron bias. It's unfortunate that you seem to link the two in your mind for some reason. Perhaps you're the one with a bias.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 02:21 pm
muslim1 wrote:
...it is my extreme happiness and optimal joy to follow what my Creator almighty Allah and His final Messenger (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say.
Well I'm glad it makes you happy Muslim1, really I am. But what does your Creator almighty Allah say about me? Is it a message I can be happy about too? Or is it that you, in your mind are saved, and I, in your mind, am condemned to eternal damnation? Does that make you happy too?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 01:09 am
muslim1 wrote:
...none of you truly believes until I am dearer to him than his own self, his wealth, his children and all the people".

And it is my extreme happiness and optimal joy to follow what my Creator almighty Allah and His final Messenger (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say.

In saving yourself, you are willing to sacrifice others.
In finding insight, you have lost your foresight.
In the name of religion, you show a lack of faith.
In preaching your philosophy, you are deaf to the voices of sanity.
In your desperate search for truth, you do not recognize when you have been deceived.
In living your dream, you will never live your life.

If you do not see the eternal in your fellow man, you will never find it in a book.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:48 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Well I'm glad it makes you happy Muslim1, really I am. But what does your Creator almighty Allah say about me? Is it a message I can be happy about too? Or is it that you, in your mind are saved, and I, in your mind, am condemned to eternal damnation? Does that make you happy too?

Thank you very much Steve for your questions.

1) When I wrote "my extreme happiness and optimal joy", I meant that I am very proud to follow the teachings of my religion. If my words caused any offence, I am sorry indeed.
2) A Muslim should always make all his/her efforts in trying to save himself/herself and the others from God's punishment. Take for example the Prophet Muhammad (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him), he spent years and years trying his best to convince people that they have a God who must be worshiped, and he was very sorry about the people who rejected the Message: "Thou wouldst only, perchance, fret thyself to death, following after them, in grief, if they believe not in this Message" [Glorious Qur'an 6:18]

When a person A denies the existence of God, B associates partners with God and C believes in God but deliberately disobeys Him: As a Muslim, I shouldn't be happy about the three.
Muslims also make sins and mistakes (May God forgive us all), but they have a true concept of God, which is the most important thing. Islam is the religion of clear and pure monotheism.

And Allah knows best.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:42 am
Quote:
In saving yourself, you are willing to sacrifice others.
In finding insight, you have lost your foresight.
In the name of religion, you show a lack of faith.
In preaching your philosophy, you are deaf to the voices of sanity.
In your desperate search for truth, you do not recognize when you have been deceived.
In living your dream, you will never live your life.

If you do not see the eternal in your fellow man, you will never find it in a book.

What you have written here, Chris2a, is true. Thank you.

Joe
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:49 am
Lash wrote:
nimh wrote:
Uhm, no Steve; I quoted Lash's claim that they were not perpetrated by a small minority. That would be a claim I disagree with - riots are almost always the work of a small minority.

Unless it's a large minority in an area.

Thousands constitutes LARGE.
God, how anal can one person be?

If it's thousands in an area of millions (say: France, or even just: the Muslims/immigrants in France, or say: Beirut), then no, it's not particularly large.

<insert ad hominem of choice to counter yours - wouldnt want to disappoint you>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:50 am
Perplexed wrote:
Questioner wrote:
It's the only type of answer your drivel warrants.

Why is asking for the same respect given you 'drivel'?
I'm starting to see a definite anti-muslim bias on this board.

If you insist on only engaging with the most strident voices on the board then, yes, thats the bias you will find. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your choice.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:39 am
Lash wrote:

So, nimh says none of this happened. Or, if it did, what does he say...well, besides that instance... I can't believe you expect me to take you seriously. Where's the outrage at the lying newspapers?

Really. What possible reason do you refute so many articles? Citing articles is hardly a "wild claim," or an "erroneous claim."

The reason I brought the articles about the first round of violence was you refused to admit it was "sweeping" then. Just as you refuse to admit it now.

Did you just totally ignore everything I wrote in my answer to your post or does it just seem that way?

Your claim was that there were "sweeping riots across Europe -- once again -- by Muslims".

Note: "once again", so you werent talking about the violence of November. Note: "across Europe" -- so you werent talking about Africa or Indonesia.

It was a very straightforward claim, and THATS the one I've been answering, and yes, calling "erroneous" and "wild".

Why? Because there were no "riots sweeping Europe once again".

Read this very carefully: I'm saying there were no riots sweeping Europe once again. I'm not saying there were no riots in Beirut; I'm not saying there were no riots back in November; I'm not saying there isn't a problem centring around the Muslim minorities in Europe in general. (WTF is so difficult to grasp here?) I have been merely refuting this actual claim of yours, because it was indeed wild and erroneous.

Now you can go on and on about how I am refuting "so many articles" that you brought, and that it must be because I must believe all those newspapers are just lying or something, but you are ignoring a rather obvious point:

NONE of the "so many articles" you linked in from BBC and CNN said ANYTHING about riots sweeping Europe over the cartoon affair. As I noted. Duh..

The only one of the "so many articles" you ever brought that was even in any way ABOUT your claim was the BrusselsJournal link that had news about a demonstration in Antwerp turned violent. Which I acknowledged. Which is why I suggested that perhaps you should have gone with, "one riot swept across Europe once again - or Antwerp, anyway"...

God, are you really so dishonest that you cant even face up to a straightforward claim you made? "Riots are sweeping Europe -- once again -- by Muslims" is what you said, so NO, you were not talking about "their first wave of violence surrounding the deaths of two youths near Paris". Those riots sweeping Europe, once again never happened, and no 29 articles from BBC and CNN about riots in Nigeria are going to change that.

And thats ALL I ever said about this, no matter how many other claims you have tried to put in my mouth, or how many times you have called me anything from ignorant to pathetic (not gonna look up the exact epithets youve been throwing my way since I first dared call your claim erroneous).

[last paragraph, which was too personal, deleted]
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 10:39 am
You know nimh, Lash might have been technically incorrect to say riots swept across Europe. But Muslims all across Europe are angry and protesting.

from one of the BBC sites Lash refered to

"Now they (protests) are directed at a whole country, in this case Denmark, and more than that, against large parts of Western society and its traditions."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:24 pm
Define riot.

And, I don't think I'll accept the apology this time.

An angry protest is a riot.

Now, I see where he was so wrong. I couldn't figure out WTF he was doing before. Thanks Steve.
0 Replies