Why insulting prophet Muhammad?!

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:37 pm
Eorl wrote:
Muslim1, Raheel, Ali87,

I really want to know what YOU think of AU's post.

(As for me, it's the first ray of sunshine I've seen in weeks)
Seconded.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:50 pm
I would like to remark...

The way this thread was started was that someone came in and most people were rude to them (maybe their question was not phrased all that well) and they never replied again, even once... (that I can see) and everyone went on talking with each other...

I would really have rather have heard more of what they had to say...
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:37 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
chris2a wrote:
Try asking some of our Muslim brothers the literal translation of the word "sin" in arabic. It may help in establishing some intercultural perceptions.

And while your at it, ask them the literal translation of the word "martyr" in arabic.
No. Too much pain for not enough gain. But you can if you want.

Oh no. My wife just reminded me that we are not supposed to talk to muslims. They are non-believers.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:45 am
chris2a wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
chris2a wrote:
Try asking some of our Muslim brothers the literal translation of the word "sin" in arabic. It may help in establishing some intercultural perceptions.

And while your at it, ask them the literal translation of the word "martyr" in arabic.
No. Too much pain for not enough gain. But you can if you want.

Oh no. My wife just reminded me that we are not supposed to talk to muslims. They are non-believers.

Who knows who is "non-believing"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:46 am
What do we believe in?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:12 am

Not unless Indonesia has moved to Europe.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/POLITICS/analysis/toons/2006/02/08/mitchell/08b.gif
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 04:44 pm
Do as I say not as I do. Cartoons found in the newspapers of the Moslem world.

http://www.adl.org/cartoon_campaign/default_slide_show.asp
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 05:20 pm
The hypocrisy angle is compelling. I was thinking of a comparable cartoon that worked for another religion. I think that just dissing israelis or jews isn't quite to the level of something like this. How about a cartoon of Moses telling his chosen people that God says to kill all the Palestinian children? Or Jesus in a US military uniform, telling the kid with the hood on his head who thinks he's hooked up to wires that he'll die if he moves.

Neither of these images would cause me to protest or to riot, mind you, but I don't think the kinds of anti-Jewish images usually touted to show hypocrisy rise to the same level as the cartoons we're talking about. But then again, I'm not a religious person so what do I know.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:14 am
Funny, we are in day 12 of rioting and protests over this cartoon and everybody that is not a Muslim appears to have lost interest in it. Yet, these morons are still rioting and getting them selves killed for nothing. Rolling Eyes

It's incomprehensible that these people don't care enough about the war in Iraq to protest, but they riot for almost two weeks over a stupid cartoon. Has anybody figured out what's wrong with these people? Don't they know that nobody is listening to them anymore, the entire world is laughing at them now and that they are accomplishing nothing but making them selves look stupid?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
roverroad
Religion does strange things to people.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
au1929 wrote:
roverroad
Religion does strange things to people.

That's the truth!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:26 am
people do strange things to religion
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:28 am
dyslexia wrote:

Wow, that sounds kinky.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 02:53 pm
dyslexia wrote:

Religion is man made, truth is God made...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 03:09 pm
people combined with religion combined with god results in the absense of truth.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 06:07 pm
Relativation:

Quote:

Radio Netherlands Press Review Service
* Press Review, 10 February 2006, by Marijke van der Meer

Controlled

The smoke around the cartoon controversy appears to be lifting, and that seems to have given the press some space to step back and assess the events of the last days. De Volkskrant is struck by the contrast between the reactions in the Middle East and in Europe, "In the Middle East intolerance and vengeance prevail in a perfidious form of agitation incited by malevolent regimes under international pressure", while in Europe it is striking that the Muslim communities generally expressed their disapproval in a controlled manner." The NRC Handelsblad likewise points out that, "In Europe the controversial Danish cartoons sparked off a great deal of discussion in the media and in politics, among both Muslims and non-Muslims. But the situation did not get out of hand.... Rarely were there demonstrations or disturbances...It was chiefly a matter of debate and appeals for calm and respect."

0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 06:16 pm
Around 150 high school students from ethnic minorities in the southern city of Maastricht have burned a Danish flag in protest at the publication in Denmark of cartoons satirising the prophet Mohammad. It is the first such incident in the Netherlands.

On Thursday evening conservative VVD MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali attacked Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, saying she wished he had as much courage as Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen. In a reaction, the Dutch prime minister today said such statements would not help to calm the conflict.

Radio Netherlands
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 09:58 am
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 05:35 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Not unless Indonesia has moved to Europe.

Maybe Al Gore's speech was not effective enough? Maybe he should have made his backstab America (and Europe in the process) purpose more known?

What a slime bag he is...

I can't believe I voted for the stupid jerk.

Thank God we have a president (Bush) with some courage and respect for the ethical balance of the US government's policies and military. Unlike when he (Gore) was "creating the internet" bubble while the USS Cole was being bombed...

This was an atrocity committed on HIS DAMN WATCH! You are a failure Al Gore. Even Dan Quale has a better political strategy than you... 9/11 was because YOU Al Gore were not on your guard looking out for the better interest of US security and safety...

Al, I would suggest a hunting trip with a REAL vice president that gets things done...

Smile
0 Replies