Suvivor: Panama

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:09 am
Dear Danielle,

"I did not expect to be in this situation" is not an acceptable excuse for not keeping your promises....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:15 am
Well, she made a promise to Aras, too:

First, Aras (alliance).

Then, Terry (exile island).

Then, Aras again (head-nod at final challenge).

Aras seems to trump Terry there, though of course Danielle maybe shouldn't have been promising everyone all over the place... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:19 am
Anyone know how many that have won the final challenge end up winning the game?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:55 am
Even if Cirie had won the tie-breaker challenge, the final immunity challenge was indeed rigged to allow the tiniest person to win. Cirie was not a tiny woman. If she had made it to the final immunity challenge, she probably would have been the first to displace a bunch of water, upset the balance of her lily pad, and fall off. Winning the game was never in the cards for her.

Cirie looked STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL at the reunion show and she has an absolutely loveable personality. Long after Aras has paid his taxes and spent what is left of the million, Cirie will still have the love, honor, and respect that she earned as the "shining star" of Survivor, Exile Island.

I'm glad that Danielle booted Terry. IMO, he was too much of an egomaniac with far too high of an opinion of himself. He needs to practice some humility. It was, however, surprising to discover that a jury dominated by Casaya would have voted to give the million dollars to Terry rather than allow Danielle to have it.

Because Cirie couldn't be the winner, the next best choice for winner was Aras----so the outcome was acceptable. I hope he does something useful with the money and invests some of it sensibly for his future, but he's only 24 years old. What do you suppose the typical 24 year old would do with a windfall of money?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:04 am
He's opening a yoga studio, evidently.

I don't think Cirie would have had to win the challenge to win the whole thing. Remember, if Cirie was at that point, Danielle would be out, so either Aras or Terry would've won. Either of them probably would've taken Cirie along to the final two rather than each other. And she would've beaten either of them, I think.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:13 am
I was rooting for Terry just because Aras was one of the blandest people I've seen in a long time.

I couldn't figure out why Terry didn't give Danielle the immunity idol on the previous show but I guess he didn't trust her not to flip on him -- and he was clearly right not to! Still she might not have flipped to Aras if he had.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:40 am
Well I guess the network did slip and show Danielle in the final immunity challenge as I caught a glimpse.

I was thinking the same thing about the immunity idol, but I do think Terry made the decision not to give it to Danielle. She has only proven that she would do whatever she needed to get ahead and not to be trusted.

I think Aras will blow away the money - even if uses it to set up a yoga studio - he doesn't appear to me to have a strong business sense, but you never know.

I think they edited the show a bit to maybe make Terry appear even more egotisical than he is - seeing that most would still vote for Terry and where Danielle thought that many more people liked Terry over her - it seems they may have cut some of those more personable moments he had like between him and Aras with the apology.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:50 am
Could be.

Aras has an MBA by the way, business-sense-wise!

I liked him, seemed to have a lot of layers to him (the MBA thing, the pro-b-ball in Lithuania thing, some not-for-profit yoga thing in Africa, etc.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:07 am
As a smart-ass, I loved Aras' answer of "four" to Shane's dangled carrot.

As a competitor, I thought Danielle's answer of "ten" was just plain stupid.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:18 am
Her answer wasn't that bad, but 5 would work best - that gives you the closest anwer in the majority of the cases (statistically). The smartest answer for some one trying to answer first would be midpoint.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:22 am
Wasn't it one to a MILLION, not one to ten?

(I liked 4 as a smart-ass "whatthehell" answer, too.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:09 pm
Yes, it was one to a million, which made the answer pretty obvious, IMO.

And Danielle's answer gave Aras two extra numbers that he could win the vote on...

She should have answered 999,997.... Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:25 pm
Well I never thought that intelligence was Danielle's forte.

Aras - just thought he is a bit young and not much experience to necessarily be a business whiz (not that some young people are not successful). Running your own business is much more difficult than most realize - I know many MBAs (believe me the business world is full of them) that I wouldn't let balance my checkbook. I don't think he is a bad guy, but the odds are against him. He definately has a better shot at it than some one like Danielle.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:40 pm
Well, I'm still sobbing that Cirie didn't win.

Started wondering if she would do an "All-Stars" if the producers set it up. Then my mind wandered to a SO version of Survivor -- Cirie and HB (does that stand for "honeybunny"?), Terry and his wife, Rob and Amber (over and over again), Fairplay and his grandmother ....

I really must stop the drugs. :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:44 pm
Shane and son "Boston"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:45 pm
The one question I had that I don't think was answered was - "Did Shane completely quit smoking?" He seemed too tame during the Q&A to still be a non-smoker. Also, what the heck was he wearing?
0 Replies