Suvivor: Panama

husker

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 06:52 pm
I'm just having a real hard time finding people that I can really like.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:19 pm
Did anybody watch tonight? Was there anything new?

Hey, we never talked about last week! I thought it was a really good one. Cirie impresses more and more. I think it's very possible that she and Shane will be in the final four.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:36 pm
Is it on tonight?

Not Thursday?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:54 pm
They did a rehash of the last few weeks. They always do it before a merge to catch everyone up. I think basketball is on this week and a new Survivor will be back on Thursday in two weeks.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:09 pm
*nods* NCAA Men's Basketball tournament starts tomorrow (at 12:25 pm - not that I'm looking forward to it or anything! Very Happy ). There won't be anything on the CBS channels but B-Ball for the next 4 days. The same for next Thursday-Sunday.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 12:23 am
Casaya's luck changed AFTER they ate a snake!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:20 am
I am not paying attention. I missed it again.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:06 pm
So who do you expect will have the medical emergency?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:07 pm
I think it will be Shane - flipping out and hurting himself from nicotine withdrawals.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 12:25 pm
While on one hand I hope it's Shane-- he's a grade-A certifiable looney-- on the other hand, he's by far the most entertaining of what seems to be the most homogenous and vapid group of Survivors yet.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 01:18 pm
blacksmithn!?

Is that really you?

<thud>
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 02:11 pm
Actually, it's my evil-- but incredibly handsome and much more endowed-- twin...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 05:57 pm
Hmmmm....

<taptaptap>

<thinking>

Nope. Not gonna work.

The way to my heart and other parts is strictly through my funny bone.

But.....

I am a sucker for a pretty face...

... and an. <ahem> endowment....

So what the heck.

Welcome blacksmithn's brother!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 06:38 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Actually, it's my evil-- but incredibly handsome and much more endowed-- twin...

Couldn't this describe a female twin as well as a male????

Two weeks of holding our breath.

I need to set an alarm on my Palm.
Joe
0 Replies

SpauldingSmails

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:17 am
Too much down time between shows.... the natives are getting restless!
0 Replies

Cezanne Dahlia

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:20 pm
As a big time Survivorphile from the very beginning I am getting tired of the repeat episodes each season with a few new scenes thrown in that amount to absolutely nothing of interest. Following this we are put on a two-week hold and baited with an injury *cue medical helicopter* so we'll be sure to tune in. That's three weeks of nothing.

Who wants to bet that it's a minor injury or a case of collapse due to dehydration and that the player who, according to the voice over "may have to leave the game" returns all better by the end of the episode? Just gotta love that bait-and-switch, right?

*If the injured player is seriously injured and does actually leave the game I reserve the right to eat my words and stand in the corner.*

Of course I will still tune in but I am one frustrated Survivor fan right now.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:27 pm
We still watch, but we're not enamored anymore. Each episode is very predictable--same old, same old. That probably explains why our forum discussion this season is limited to a few, occasional comments.

If there will be future survival seasons, the producers need to shake things up and get the audience excited to watch again. Otherwise, the survivor series is going to die an uninteresting death from boredom.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:32 pm
Hi there Cezanne Dahlia, welcome to A2K. Cool name!

I dunno, I still enjoy it. I think it might be that it's about the only adult TV I watch -- as in, other stuff is probably more interesting and innovative, but I don't see it so I can't compare, and I still like the Survivor basics. I thought last episode (before the rerun/ summary one, which I didn't watch) was really good, actually.
0 Replies

Cezanne Dahlia

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:54 pm
Quote:
If there will be future survival seasons, the producers need to shake things up and get the audience excited to watch again.

Haven't they tried just about everything you can try to change this game up and make it more interesting, or trying to entice new viewers? Women tribes, male tribes, 4 tribes, school-yard picking tribes, rerun reality celebrity tribes, hidden immunity idols, etc. ? What else could they possibly do?

The core game of Survivor in itself is a great game. Each season brings new personalities for us to route for or have us wanting to jump through the TV screen and snuff out their flame for them. The challenges are exciting to watch (if they are as evenly matched and close like this season has been) and the basic tribal dynamics are great to watch.

I personally do not like when they mess with a good thing. The only thing I would change would be the locations. I know that Africa and Australia were huge flops so now they are sticking with the tried and true beachfront locations but now it's like watching the same season over and over again at the same location just with new people. Last season's Mayan Empire was awesome. Finally a change of pace! Then....right back to the beach.

Quote:
and I still like the Survivor basics

Thanks for the welcome Very Happy Oh, and I agree. See above.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 03:42 pm
Cezanne Dahlia wrote:
Each season brings new personalities for us to route for or have us wanting to jump through the TV screen and snuff out their flame for them. The challenges are exciting to watch (if they are as evenly matched and close like this season has been) and the basic tribal dynamics are great to watch.

I personally do not like when they mess with a good thing. The only thing I would change would be the locations. I know that Africa and Australia were huge flops so now they are sticking with the tried and true beachfront locations but now it's like watching the same season over and over again at the same location just with new people. Last season's Mayan Empire was awesome. Finally a change of pace! Then....right back to the beach.

My mistake. When you said you were "getting tired of the repeat episodes each season with a few new scenes thrown in that amount to absolutely nothing of interest," I didn't realize you were merely complaining about the "beach" scenery. Laughing
0 Replies