The downfall of America's society... what is the cause?

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:38 pm
When did it fall down?

Nobody told US!

Seriously, I haven't read the thread, so I may be speaking out of turn, but do societies not change, for better and worse, all the time?

Who DOES say the US has fallen down, and what evidence do they have?
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:42 pm
Tupperware was invented in 1945.....so our moral decline actually began on the "greatest generation's" watch.

I feel a tremendous burdon lifting.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:53 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
It's become a me-first, screw your fellow man society.

Anon

true. but not a new thing. once again, when i was a but a wee dtom, my dad used to talk about the "hooray for me, ta hell with you" attitude that people had.

makes ya wonder. did the cave men, grog and shrog, eye each other over the last bronto burger on the fire ? probably.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:57 pm
dys is so bourgeoise.So sweet.Tupperware indeed.
It is the mint chocolate,squiggly toppings the ice-cream salesman/woman arranges around the head of your vanilla cornets in order to make sure you feel you are being pampered like what you used to be when you were in the pram.

How on earth can a civilised person feel pampered with ******* tupperware?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 11:01 pm
The social climate changed with Reagan as he started the Republican era from 1980 to 1992. Even though the Republicans had the Religious Right in their pocket and fought the teaching of Evolution in the classroom their social economic policies reflected 'survival of the fittest' and 'me first'. Ironic isn't it?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:28 am
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and neglected........KATRINA
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:42 am
If the poor (in our countries I mean) got any richer there would 200 million cars on the roads plus about another 40 million trucks.And that's only for starters.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:47 am
You can buy a car for 50 dollars Spendi!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:47 am
spendius wrote:
If the poor (in our countries I mean) got any richer there would 200 million cars on the roads plus about another 40 million trucks.And that's only for starters.

We better make damn sure that doesn't happen. F*cking poor people, wanting what us higher class folk have! My momma always taught me that I was better than them ... maybe they didn't get the memo!! Just who the hell do they think they are wanting educations and **** like that??

Anon
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:49 am
We already have well over 200 million cars on the roads of North America, and considerably more than 40 million trucks.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:49 am
bm - will read this evening.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
Jeeps!!!

40 million trucks shifting stuff for 280 million folks is one truck to seven.Our trucks go up to 40 tons or so and they are always on the go.

That's serious consumerism.If the Asians catch up to that we are going to need gas masks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 10:25 am
Oh yeah, we got lots of Jeeps, too . . . a very popular vehicle--mine is a Jeep, best vehicle i've ever owned . . .
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 01:24 pm
Money is the end all be all, so everything else is secondary. Everything else, turns out to be alot of stuff.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 01:28 pm
Rap. Rap is the cause.

It's gettin' hot in here. So take off all your clothes.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 01:34 pm
talk72000 wrote:
The social climate changed with Reagan as he started the Republican era from 1980 to 1992. Even though the Republicans had the Religious Right in their pocket and fought the teaching of Evolution in the classroom their social economic policies reflected 'survival of the fittest' and 'me first'. Ironic isn't it?

What ever happened to that Soviet Empire place?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
talk72000 wrote:

What ever happened to that Soviet Empire place?

it went on the down low and shipped the heavy shite off to china. but no worries. ya can still catch the midnight raft to cuba.
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:08 am
The answer is money
money is the dark side
anything which sucumbs to the darkside eventually collapses under it's own weight.
If you guys know the difference between the light and dark side, you'd understand what I mean. Hinduism n Buddhism would be two worldly examples i'd consider of the light side.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:15 am
RoyalesThaRula wrote:
The answer is money
money is the dark side
anything which sucumbs to the darkside eventually collapses under it's own weight.
If you guys know the difference between the light and dark side, you'd understand what I mean. Hinduism n Buddhism would be two worldly examples i'd consider of the light side.

Horsesh*t. Welcome to A2K etc etc.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:49 am
Speaking of collapsing under it's own weight, I think India might need a second train:

http://www.jeffiscool.com/pictures/IndiaTrain.jpg
0 Replies