The downfall of America's society... what is the cause?

HickoryStick

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 05:33 pm
Lash wrote:
HickoryStick wrote:
What is a Maple Syrup Lesbian? Smile

Hi, Hickory!!

A year or so ago, PBS had a children's documentary on Maple Syrup production, and they focused on a farm owned by two lesbians.

We had a hoo-hah about the issues revolving around children's shows, featuring lesbians, and produced by Public Television....herein known as the Maple Syrup Lesbian Chronicles. I'll see if I can link it for you. Laughing Very Happy

Oh, I see. Nice little agenda they have there.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 05:56 pm
Amigo,

Well, if this was not a public issue then I would imagine that none of us would be discussing it. And, as I said, I don't know of any state that is actually going to have a public vote on this.

So, would you then limit what people think? I think a lot of things in the world are wrong. I think a lot of the things in the world are right. Some I get to vote on and some I don't.

I do; however, have the right, just as everyone else does, to express my views. Expressing my views is not going to change the law in Louisiana. I haven't written my congressman or anything. I talk to a few people about this issue and I have discussed it on A2K. I imagine you have done the same? Wow, you are discussing it now! So, if it is none of anyone's business at all, then why are we even discussing it? For the same reason we discuss other things in this world. Because we all have opinions and views that we have the right to express and we exercise those rights.

That's how I see it. I don't see it as anyone for gay marriage is wrong and I am right. In all actuality, the only time any of us are ever really going to know who was right and wrong is when we stand before God and He tells us. Until then, we each have our principles, beliefs, standards, etc., to go by. And that's how we conduct our lives.

When people start getting crazy with their behaviors and start treating other people differently just because they have differing views is when IMO their argument starts losing ground.

Take the Muslims for instance. Those cartoons being published turned into riots, killings, etc. Why? Because someone got ticked off because they didn't agree that Muhammad should be treated as sacred. It got down to an all out and out war over stupid cartoons! So, I think anyone might be rather hard-pressed to hang onto an image of Islam other than violent right now, whether deservedly so or not.

As long as people stay within the law to lobby (literally or not literally) for what they want there should be no problem. Once we start deviating from the laws we are in trouble. Once a discussion deviates from respect for both sides no matter what their view, we are in trouble.

In defending the ones we feel are being discriminated against, we then create a whole new group of people being discriminated against.

hamburger,

When I said if it becomes legal then it is or if it's not it's not, I was talking about same sex marriage. I wasn't speaking of any other issue.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:07 pm
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/

Introducing thee American Taliban.

JOIN THEIR LOVE CRUSADE
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:25 pm
That is crazy and sickening.

The truly disguisting part:
the Memorials.
listing people's names "has been in hell for -- days".

I bet these people are showing up to funerals.

creepy. sick.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:30 pm
Amigo,

And just what was the purpose of giving that link? We all know there are people out there who feel that way. Trouble is, when people don't feel that way it seems they are labeled that way just because they don't happen to agree with yours and others points of view?

You are right flushd. It is crazy and sickening. It's even more sickening when people try to make others look as if they are that way just because their views differ.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:39 pm
Have no fear of that, ma. People around here are smart.
That site does not say anything about anyone but the folks who put it up and support it.

And actually.....that is the first time I've seen anything that extreme. I'd heard about it, from a friend in Kansas, but still find it so inconceivable and hard to believe that those people EXIST.

And they have a website?!
Shouldn't that be considered hate crime?!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:42 pm
Actually flushd, I do think it should be considered a hate crime and that site should be pulled.

I've seen it and others like it and I don't know how anyone would think that God would condone that type of behavior towards anyone. That is not what Jesus Christ is about.

Sometimes, I think freedom of speech does go a bit too far and in the case of that website, I definitely think it's too far.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:45 pm
I agree. Smile
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:03 pm
I have no purpose in posting that link. But you can make one up against me if you choose too.

"It's even more sickening when people try to make others look as if they are that way just because their views differ."

I am more sickening then these people? Laughing

Information is good not bad Mamma. This is a link to what exist. Why do you direct anger or blame at me? Don't these people fell they are following the will of god like the people of any Religion?

"Be ye lamps unto thyself"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:10 pm
Amigo,

Wait a minute. I am not angry at you. I asked you why you posted that link because I didn't know why you did it. And no, I do not think you are more sickening than those people on that site. That is sooooooooo not what I meant!

Let me see if I can rephrase it. There are those in this world that just because you say you believe homosexuality is a sin they will label you as being like those people on that website. If those people think they are following the will of God then they will have to explain that to God. I am not directing anger at blame for you and I am so sorry if it seemed like I was.

I apologize to you and anyone else that may have taken that as me saying it was anyone in particular.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:18 pm
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002P6B.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:21 pm
I forgive you Lash. As far as I am concerned, there are no hard feelings.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:27 pm
Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:37 pm
Well, let's see, I dont see anything in there that says people can't have differing views or beliefs. I do see that it says one cannot be denied those things without due process of law. Well, I would assume the states going through the decision right not to allow same sex marriage would be considered due process of law?

So, what's your point?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:44 pm
This is becoming a demonstration of "the downfall of American Society" Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:46 pm
Which is exactly what I have been trying to say. Good, glad you got it. Laughing

I can agree to disagree on this issue, Lash. Will you agree to disagree with me on this?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:47 pm
I don't think she has a choice.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:50 pm
Sure she does, Amigo. We all have a choice.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:53 pm
flushd wrote:
That is crazy and sickening.

The truly disguisting part:
the Memorials.
listing people's names "has been in hell for -- days".

I bet these people are showing up to funerals.

creepy. sick.

they are...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:53 pm
irrational rationalization is a bitch.
0 Replies