I'm Sure This Sounds Stupid But....

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 03:22 pm
When i was bitten, i did not immediately recognize it (i think it probably happened when i was asleep). I did see a "boil" on my shin, which i lanced, and began to regularly lave with Epsom salts. When i changed my bed linen that Friday, i found the corpse of the spider. Later that same day, i began to have flu like symptoms, and the lower portion of my lower right leg began to swell. By the following morning, i could no longer get a shoe on my right foot, and my right leg below the knee was swollen to nearly twice its size. I had recently torn the meniscus over the kneecap of my left knee, and was in therapy for that, and by the end of that Saturday i was almost immobilized. For the next three weeks, i went to the hospital every day for IV antibiotics. I statyed at home rather than be admitted to save the enormous costs which my insurance would not have covered. It took about thirty or forty minutes to get downstairs to the bus stop (fortunately, just on the street near my door) and just as long to get back to bed after every daily visit to the hospital. I also gained weight which i have never entirely lost, and the interruption of the pysical therapy course i was pursuing for my injured knee meant that i have never fully recovered the use of that knee.

Them little bastards can be a right nuisance.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 04:52 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1789994#1789994
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:04 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Talk about speechless! wow. What do I say? Well, first, I say thank you, Setanta. Your telling me to do something right now inspired me to action and because of that, I am going to suffer very little from that spider bite.

I will admit I would have expected something more like, "Good, maybe you will die," type of response from you. I know, that's terrible of me and right now I feel about this big Embarrassed . It seems that even though you have told me it wasn't personal attack, I still took it as such.

I was obviously very wrong. Very wrong. I am learning quite a bit on A2K I must say. A lot about myself mostly! Very Happy Things I needed to take a look at and do some adjustments on.

Setanta, please accept my apology. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. I would love to have a fresh start? I don't know what else to say. I'm so very sorry. Please forgive me.

Okay, and bring out them bones you have to pick with me! I'm ready. Very Happy

And yes LionTamerx I am a barefoot type person. Uh, make that WAS!

The toe is fine though. Keeping the wound clean and dry and draining. The foot is numb still on the left side but the doctor said that won't last long. Taking antibiotics so all should be fine.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
hurumph Confused

you didn't like my tribute one the other page to set saving you?

really, he was the first response and deserves a heroic depiction.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:51 pm
Chai Tea,

Yes! I did. I just got so caught up in Setanta's gesture and how it made me feel I forgot to mention it! I loved it!

And I'm not sure how he's going to take it, but yes, he's my hero!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:53 pm
Momma, you're testimony to Set literally brought tears to my eyes <sniff>.

{{{{Hugs to you}}}}} for that gesture.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:56 pm
Well Set is a hero, and that's how I meant it!

It's a very good likeness of him in spirit, if I do say so.

Yay Set!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:58 pm
Me too J_B... can you spare a tissue ?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:02 pm
Sure, if you guys delete your posts so I can correct my "you're" to 'your'.

Oh well, Momma, typos aside - it was a wonderful gesture from both you and Set.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:10 pm
For our Momma:

All Day I Hear The Noise Of Waters by James Joyce
Poem: All Day I Hear The Noise Of Waters

All day I hear the noise of waters
Making moan,
Sad as the sea-bird is, when going
Forth alone,
He hears the winds cry to the waters'
Monotone.

The gray winds, the cold winds are blowing
Where I go.
I hear the noise of many waters
Far below.
All day, all night, I hear them flowing
To and fro. :wink:
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
I'm glad you got help before too much damage was done. We all worry about making too much of something that seems small. But sometimes nasty things come in small packages. Now take it easy and follow your drs. order to the letter. don't improvise just because you may start to feel better, that never works out well. Good luck, and good wishes.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:19 pm
Letty,

Thank you! That was beautiful!

glitterbag,

No worries! I am definitely going to do what the doctor said. I looked up some sites where people had been bitten by these tiny little things! I am so grateful that I got the advice I got and acted on it Very Happy .
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:28 pm
I'm so glad you're doing ok Momma.

This thread is a goldmine of goodwill. "Does my heart good" as my gramps would say. Smile

Take care and get lots of rest.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:29 pm
Thanx flushd. Yes, it is a goldmine and one I am definitely going to treasure.
0 Replies